Santorum 2012 = McGovern 1984?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:50:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Santorum 2012 = McGovern 1984?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Santorum 2012 = McGovern 1984?  (Read 2322 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2011, 01:37:49 AM »

I have a tough time seeing how one can completely rule out Palin (in the primary as well as the general) and yet think Santorum is capable of winning both.

No sane individual seriously believes that Santorum is capable of winning one, let alone both.

Glad to see you like Santorum's chances, Winfield.

Ah, but Phil my witty friend, you seem to be confused.  You see, being perfectly sane, it is clear to me that Santorum's campaign will begin as ludicrous and end as whimsical.

Fair enough, Winfield. At least my candidate stands for something. Is yours a moderate again? Or maybe to the left of Ted Kennedy this week? Reagan Conservative or an "Independent during Reagan - Bush?"

Well, I will have to say that, in my view, Romney will run from the right to win the nomination and then run from the center to win the election.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2011, 01:39:57 AM »

Mitt Romney has the private sector experience I believe is needed in the White House right now. At the end of the day, despite past mistakes and misguided opinions, Mitt Romney has the leadership abilities, charisma, and experience needed to strongly lead the GOP in November and defeat Barack Obama.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2011, 01:46:02 AM »

Mitt Romney has the private sector experience I believe is needed in the White House right now. At the end of the day, despite past mistakes and misguided opinions, Mitt Romney has the leadership abilities, charisma, and experience needed to strongly lead the GOP in November and defeat Barack Obama.

Is this the script for Romney's first ad in Iowa?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2011, 01:53:32 AM »

I have a tough time seeing how one can completely rule out Palin (in the primary as well as the general) and yet think Santorum is capable of winning both.

No sane individual seriously believes that Santorum is capable of winning one, let alone both.

Glad to see you like Santorum's chances, Winfield.

Phil, I really have to admit that your pick up, wit, and humor in your reply here is excellent.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2011, 11:44:52 AM »

Truman was a failure in the private sector and an above-average President. Hoover and Dubya had much experience in the private sector, and both were toward the bottom. Reagan had much experience in the private sector, but it wasn't as a businessman.  Government can at best facilitate the private sector. Plenty of American politicians have 'adequate' conviction that pure plutocracy (which America's tycoons, executives, financiers, and big landowners want) is the right way to do things.

Government is not an effective profit-and-loss operation, and if anyone thinks otherwise, then just remember how well the old Soviet Union and its imitators fared. I doubt that any conservative wants the federal government to act more like a business by raising taxes.

GeorgiaSenator
Rookie
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2011, 01:51:32 PM »

Phil is right. Santorum is a good guy. Have you noticed how dishonest liberals and closet liberals label virtually anyone who disagrees with them as "extremist" or "too conservative". THey were wrong about Reagan weren't they?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies