Australian Federal Election- July 2, 2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:43:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Australian Federal Election- July 2, 2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Australian Federal Election- July 2, 2016  (Read 86146 times)
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: July 02, 2016, 03:50:59 AM »

Ok, so im likely going to pull an all nighter to watch these results come in. i've officially atlas'd too long. #australia2016 #nosleep #goliberals
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 05:31:45 AM »

Loving Julie Bishop's cattiness towards NXT lol

Also, had a random question...I'm watching ABC's livestream and missed the bit on Michael Danby's race, is he going to lose his spot to a Green? it shows he in third for first preference, does that mean Green would be counted for that seat as the beneficiary of 2nd pref votes?
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 05:37:40 AM »

Loving Julie Bishop's cattiness towards NXT lol

Also, had a random question...I'm watching ABC's livestream and missed the bit on Michael Danby's race, is he going to lose his spot to a Green? it shows he in third for first preference, does that mean Green would be counted for that seat as the beneficiary of 2nd pref votes?

its really close at the moment between the Greens and Danby; at the moment it looks like minor party preferences could theoretically change the order.  Whoever is in third place at the moment where everyone but the top three parties have been eliminated is eliminated and gets their preferences redistributed.  If the Greens are second then Danby wins; if Danby gets eliminated then the LNP probably gain the seat because his how to vote material preferences the LNP over the Greens; and enough people will follow it to deny the Greens the seat...

Ah, ok. Thanks for helping me out there.

Danby is one of the few ALP MPs I like, so will be continuing to follow the race closely.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 05:47:20 AM »

After some more thought, with how close this may wind up, I'd only be mildly upset if Danby lost, but if it results in a coalition majority I'll be happy.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 09:25:15 AM »

finally he is speaking
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies