SB 8610: GAIN Act (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:37:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 8610: GAIN Act (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 8610: GAIN Act  (Read 2346 times)
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« on: January 05, 2019, 09:26:40 AM »

I object. I think income taxes are being made too high, no one should be taxed more than half their revenue, imo. Is there a way to fund this without getting to 58% tax rates?

We still don't even know if this is actually funded, as Pericles hasn't presented an analysis and I haven't scored this yet, so its a mystery if this actually passes paygo right now.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 02:27:55 PM »

This is a rather annoying drawback with Paygo; it makes the tax code rather annoying to deal with because there are gazillions of piecemeal increases.

There are tons of programs that can be cut rather than just relying on tax increases.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 03:51:42 PM »

This is a rather annoying drawback with Paygo; it makes the tax code rather annoying to deal with because there are gazillions of piecemeal increases.

There are tons of programs that can be cut rather than just relying on tax increases.
No

Yes
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 12:57:44 PM »

What is the anticipated budget score? If you lifted this from real life can you find a score? Otherwise we still dont know if this passes paygo.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 11:25:40 AM »

For those convinced that and/or campaigning on the idea that the deficit can be eliminated through only military cuts and taxes on "the rich", please take note that once again those deficit-cutting proposals are being looted to pay for something new rather than the large existing deficit. It is increasingly looking like the big tax changes in the revenue Enhancement act and this massive increase in tax rates including a 58% rate (which is evil) will result in little change to the deficit at all. I fail to see how the deficit can be reduced through rich taxes and military cuts given this strong push by 1 Senator to piss away the only deficit reductions the majority party has really advocated for. We couldn't even convince the Senate to eliminate a bunch of corporate welfare spending last fall.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 01:30:31 PM »

Sweet. I recognize big tax increases I dislike are probably still likely to effect the deficit reduction but I am reassured that at least we wont be pissing away big tax increases entirely on new stuff without addressing the deficit at all.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies