VA: Survey USA: Virginia Governor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:08:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections
  2023 & Odd Year Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA: Survey USA: Virginia Governor
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA: Survey USA: Virginia Governor  (Read 4542 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 29, 2009, 02:26:55 PM »

New Poll: Virginia Governor by Survey USA on 2009-07-28

Summary: D: 40%, R: 55%, U: 5%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

JerryBrown2010
KyleGordon2016
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.68, S: -9.30

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 03:33:34 PM »

It's not looking good for the democrats.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 03:35:50 PM »

As I've already said, this poll is totally off.  The voting model, percentages, everything is way off.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 04:09:18 PM »

Ben is right. According to the poll, 52% voted for McCain and 43% voted for Obama. And NOVA is R+15.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 04:15:30 PM »

I bet once PPP's poll comes out Tuesday, they will say it is all wrong too. Republicans made the same mistake last year blasting the polls. Tom Jensen from PPP has already said from the early calls in the poll that he expects Deeds to be down by more than the 6 points that he was last month in their poll.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 05:16:35 PM »

I bet once PPP's poll comes out Tuesday, they will say it is all wrong too. Republicans made the same mistake last year blasting the polls. Tom Jensen from PPP has already said from the early calls in the poll that he expects Deeds to be down by more than the 6 points that he was last month in their poll.
I think Deeds is down but not by 15 points. I'm guessing anywhere between 5 and 10 at this point.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 05:20:59 PM »

Unless Republicans have managed to register huge numbers since the 2008 election, the partisan breakdown is totally wrong.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 05:55:37 PM »

Ben is right. According to the poll, 52% voted for McCain and 43% voted for Obama. And NOVA is R+15.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Deeds appeal more to rural voters while McDonnell has more suburban/urban appeal. I'm referring to their personalities and image, not policies.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 05:59:56 PM »

SUSA's region breakdowns are so nebulous that they're virtually useless.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 01:05:23 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Deeds appeal more to rural voters while McDonnell has more suburban/urban appeal. I'm referring to their personalities and image, not policies.
Deeds has an lean urban and rural appeal and McDonnell has a suburban appeal with some slight urban appeal. That seems to be what most people from Virginia say. It really doesn't seem to be doing Deeds much good...
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2009, 08:52:28 AM »

Unless Republicans have managed to register huge numbers since the 2008 election, the partisan breakdown is totally wrong.

It's not a RV poll, it's LIKELY VOTERS. Big difference.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2009, 01:13:52 PM »

Deeds has an lean urban and rural appeal and McDonnell has a suburban appeal with some slight urban appeal. That seems to be what most people from Virginia say. It really doesn't seem to be doing Deeds much good...

That would account for the NOVA DC suburbs though.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2009, 02:27:20 PM »

So you think the electorate will change drastically from 2008? Sure the black turnout may go down, but the highly educated white libruls in NOVA will turn out in high numbers. And I wouldn't be surprised if the white rural vote went down at the same time as the black vote, thus negating any ill effect that would have on the democrats. Of course the real reason Deeds would lose today is because he is losing the independent vote, although the defeat would be by 4-5 points not 15 points.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2009, 03:07:02 PM »

That would account for the NOVA DC suburbs though.

Not really at this point the mere mention of Republican repulses voters in NOVA

Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2009, 03:13:15 PM »

So you think the electorate will change drastically from 2008? Sure the black turnout may go down, but the highly educated white libruls in NOVA will turn out in high numbers. And I wouldn't be surprised if the white rural vote went down at the same time as the black vote, thus negating any ill effect that would have on the democrats. Of course the real reason Deeds would lose today is because he is losing the independent vote, although the defeat would be by 4-5 points not 15 points.

Party ID and ideology are so far off from 08 its not even worth discussing.  dem +6 to GOP +6.  Conservative + 12 to Conservative + 29??  Sure.....
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2009, 08:51:48 PM »

Let's see what PPP says before you get your panties in a bunch.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies