|           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:59:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which describes your attitude about a HRC candidacy in 2016?
I wouldn't likely vote for Hillary Clinton at any age.

I'd vote for Hillary were she 10 years younger but don't want a president in her 70s

I'd vote for Hillary at any age.

Other.  Specify.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: .  (Read 3072 times)
Bull Moose Base

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 31, 2009, 06:25:46 PM »
« edited: January 07, 2014, 02:01:13 PM by A dog on every car, a car in every elevator »

JerryBrown2010
KyleGordon2016
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.68, S: -9.30

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 06:29:16 PM »

I'd vote for Hillary at any age. We need another Clinton!
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 06:32:10 PM »

I'd vote for Hillary at any age, once I see who else runs in 2016 that is.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 06:42:20 PM »

Hell to the No to Clinton today, yesterday, and tomorrow.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 07:07:53 PM »

I voted Other. I'd vote for Hillary at any age in a Democratic Primary. And I'd vote for Hillarya t any age over a Republican candidate I don't like. (Huckabee, for example)
pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 11:09:05 AM »

I'd vote for Hillary at any age....Only if the GOP Nominee is :

1) a liberal
2) socially far-left
3) Gary Johnson
4) Ron Paul
5) insert Anti-Jewish GOP poll
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 11:52:39 AM »

In 2008, I initially supported John Edwards because I thought him more electable as a moderate Southern populist. Then his campaign fell apart.

Because the GOP candidates other than John McCain were either too right-wing authoritarian or was a one-trick pony (Rudy Giuliani, who tried to turn New York City into a watered-down version of Singapore... and could later talk about nothing other than 9/11), I thought that the choices were between Obama, Hillary, and McCain.

I would have picked McCain over Hillary because Hillary Clinton had yet to distinguish herself from her husband, and that election of her would have seemed a sort of third term for her husband. (Had Bill Clinton died of his bum ticker, I would have thought differently). The more that I heard or saw of Obama the more I like him. My choices by June 2008 were in this order:

Obama
McCain
Clinton

McCain sealed the Republican nomination, and Obama sealed the Democratic nomination. McCain couldn't be as horrible as Cheney/Botch, unless he did something so unwise as perhaps select Cheney as VP. 

John McCain made two big blunders in September:

1. He failed to take charge of the agenda of the Republican National Convention. Anyone who saw that convention recognized that the same special interests that reigned under Cheney/Botch would reign supreme, overpowering even the President. Americans could have voted for a moderate administration, but the GOP speakers left little question that moderation was out of the question.

2. He selected Sarah Palin, who gave one superb speech and then recycled it badly.

Such would have driven me toward Hillary Clinton -- even if such seemed a sort of Third Term for Bill Clinton, who was not one of our finest Presidents, especially after Sarah Palin started throwing red meat at angry right-wingers with whom I have little in common except citizenship and pigmentation. 

I went to the local Democratic headquarters after I started hearing Sarah Palin make speeches reminiscent of Reverend Coughlin in the 1930s except that those speeches excoriated "intellectuals" instead of Jews.   The intellectuals? Such people as schoolteachers and college students, the sorts who know the difference between a dependent clause and and an independent clause and that the two clauses within a sentence should not form a logical contradiction. 

HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 08:25:05 PM »

I'd vote for her in 2012 if she ran as an Independent, or even if she ran as a Republican, I'd still vote for her!

I supported her from Day 1 simply because I knew she would make the best President. She had the experience and intelligence it takes to be President. Furthermore, when she was First Lady, she traveled to so many countries throughout the world and made such an impact among all the world's major leaders that I knew this would be a great asset in our foreign policy department. She is well respected on the world stage, and I think that's one reason why Obama picked her to be Secretary of State. She is doing a wonderful job as Secretary of State and rebuilding America's good standing in the world after the awful reputation that we endured under Dubya. While she was attacked from the left in the primaries because of her vote for the War in Iraq, the image she endured during the primary as a neoconservative is what actually drew me to her even more because I myself am pretty conservative on foreign policy issues. She and I pretty much share the same positions: foreign policy hawks, economic moderates and social liberals. I also supported her because she, along with John Edwards, were the only two who truly supported universal health care access. I could tell that Obama didn't, and not surprisingly, I was right. Why isn't he pushing harder for a public option as President if he really truly supported this cause? Missed opportunities.

And, of course, I was inspired by the historic aspect of her campaign. She truly was (and still is) the best and most viable female candidate to shatter that highest, hardest glass ceiling. As Tina Fey said, "We have our first serious female presidential candidate in Hillary Clinton." Hearing the stories of all those 80- and 90-year-old women who were born before women had the right to vote just made me picture all these cute little old ladies pushing their walkers to vote for her and it just really touched me. The story she told about Florence Steen who was on her deathbed and requested an absentee ballot still makes me tear up to this day. I think had she played the gender card a little more, she probably would have won. She started to in the end of the primary when it was already too late for her to seal the nomination, but she consistently repeated that she wasn't running just because she was a woman and that she ran because she thought she'd make the best president. I and 18 million others agreed. Sad

But yes, I would definitely vote for her again should she choose to run - any age, any year, any party, she will always have my vote. 
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies