Hamilton for Lieutenant Governor of the Pacific
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:27:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Hamilton for Lieutenant Governor of the Pacific
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Author Topic: Hamilton for Lieutenant Governor of the Pacific  (Read 10817 times)
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 01, 2009, 08:08:24 PM »
« edited: September 22, 2009, 08:27:54 PM by Alexander Hamilton »

I am officially launching my campaign for Lieutenant Governor of the Pacific Region. For too long, citizens of the Pacific and Atlasia have settled for less than we should expect of our elected officials. It is time for us to stand up to the status quo and say "No more!".

I offer an alternative to the intense and divisive partisanship that has plagued my region for far too long. In these difficult times, we need a leader, not a follower. We need a uniter, not a divider. And to be a uniter, you have to be a fighter. I am a fighter- fighting for fairness, equality, and freedom. I pledge to fight for common sense solutions and a pragmatic approach to government. And I will make sure that the Governor and I fulfill our duties with aptitude and honesty.

I will stand up for the citizens of the Pacific and face these pressing issues, and to prove it, I promise that I will be an active Atlasian and encourage the same from others. And most importantly, I will work my hardest to restore our confidence in our government. Vote for me in the upcoming election and vote for leadership and unity.

Thank you to all of my supporters and all who have given their time and effort on my behalf. I am now open to questions and comments from Atlasians and will post further announcements in this thread.

DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 08:16:33 PM »

Endorsed
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 08:29:47 PM »

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 08:37:15 PM »

Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 08:40:53 PM »

Endorsed.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 08:41:55 PM »

Thank you for all of the above endorsements. It is nice to see we have Atlasians committed to creating a brighter future.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 09:32:30 PM »

The one-party system of the Pacific(And the Dirth South) must die.

Endorsed.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 09:51:53 PM »

I offer an alternative to the intense and divisive partisanship that has plagued my region for far too long.

lol
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 09:55:14 PM »

I offer an alternative to the intense and divisive partisanship that has plagued my region for far too long.

lol

How is that LOL?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 09:57:59 PM »

lol

How is that LOL?

''Intense and divisive partisanship''. Pacific is a one-party rule since a couple since a couple of years. So, there is no real partisanship.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2009, 10:00:28 PM »
« Edited: August 01, 2009, 10:02:16 PM by Vice-Chairman PiT »

lol

How is that LOL?

''Intense and divisive partisanship''. Pacific is a one-party rule since a couple since a couple of years. So, there is no real partisanship.

There is in the sense that the JCP is absolutely relentless in protecting its position here, to the point of bussing members in from other regions without any sort of provocation, thereby weakening itself as a national entity for the sake of strengthening itself as a regional entity.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2009, 10:01:22 PM »

lol

How is that LOL?

If there wasn't intense partisanship, it wouldn't be one-party rule. New members are dissuaded from joining the Pacific because of the hyper-partisanship of many JCPers and I am here to reverse this type of image and show that the Pacific is welcome to all who wish to represent her. I do see the intense partisanship of JCP influence as divisive in nature.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2009, 10:12:20 PM »

If there wasn't intense partisanship, it wouldn't be one-party rule. New members are dissuaded from joining the Pacific because of the hyper-partisanship of many JCPers and I am here to reverse this type of image and show that the Pacific is welcome to all who wish to represent her. I do see the intense partisanship of JCP influence as divisive in nature.

A RPPer can't give me a lesson on that. Replace ''Pacific'' by ''Dirty South'' and ''JCP by ''RPP'' and that is also true.

PiT, I don't want to bus other parties members out of Pacific. If you remember well, I was the member of another party in Pacific, before.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2009, 10:17:27 PM »

A RPPer can't give me a lesson on that. Replace ''Pacific'' by ''Dirty South'' and ''JCP by ''RPP'' and that is also true.

PiT, I don't want to bus other parties members out of Pacific. If you remember well, I was the member of another party in Pacific, before.

I have never claimed that the Dirty South situation was any better than the one party domination of the Pacific. However, I am not in the Dirty South.

I want you to know that you are making a mistake by trying to brand the RPP nationally. The Pacific's RPP operation has different goals and aims of the Dirty South's or Mideast's, just as the Arkansas Democratic Party and the Oregon Democratic Party have different platforms and ideologies.

Remember, unity is one of my key campaign themes. And that means embracing a Pacific culture that includes members of all parties, religions, genders, sexualities, and ethnicities.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2009, 10:18:56 PM »

The RPP has never really gone to the same lengths the JCP has. Aside from SPC returning to the region in mid-June, we haven't really been keen on loading up on citizens in the Dirty South.

However, the JCP had Tender Branson move to Oregon from the Northeast, had unempprof register in Hawaii, & had Catmusic move to the Pacific as well. There might be more examples, but those are immediately three examples of people who were either registered elsewhere or lived elsewhere in real life that were brought into the Pacific, even though their presence would be far more useful in another region.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2009, 10:21:41 PM »

I am not aware than the party asked to these persons to move. If the party made so, then I disagree with my party.

Alexander, what are the goals and aims of the Pacific RPP?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2009, 10:24:03 PM »

I am not aware than the party asked to these persons to move. If the party made so, then I disagree with my party.

I may be mistaken in thinking that they did so, but given the circumstances under which they did (especially with Tender Branson, who moved from New Hampshire to Oregon when he first registered with the JCP), it immediately seems very likely.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2009, 10:27:10 PM »

Alexander, there once was a second party in the Pacific, but we merged with the JCP. I wouldn't really call the Pacific "divisively partisan" just "heavily JCP."
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2009, 10:28:23 PM »

Alexander, what are the goals and aims of the Pacific RPP?

As I am not regional chair, I do not feel qualified to make a statement of specifics of the entire party's goals. Personally, however, I want to, as Lt. Governor, build a more active region, interact with citizens of the Pacific and engage in direct dialect with the governor regarding citizen concerns, maintaining fair elections, and promote a government that provides justice, liberty, and equality.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2009, 10:31:05 PM »

Alexander, there once was a second party in the Pacific, but we merged with the JCP. I wouldn't really call the Pacific "divisively partisan" just "heavily JCP."

Yes, but earlier this year the SDP dissolved and merged into the JCP. I believe you were one of them. Are there any other issues that you want to engage me with, because I do not believe that debating partisanship is the most important part of my campaign.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2009, 11:03:07 PM »

AlexHam, your candidacy has the potential to open up the game to a new era more competitive and open elections, but also one of less bitter, less divisive politics.

So my question is, both in your campaign and if you are so lucky as to be elected Lt. Governor of the Pacific, are you ready to build bridges with the JCP and rise above partisan discord? Or, as has been evident in this thread so far, will your candidacy simply serve as another fertile ground for RPP and JCP leaders to snipe at one another?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2009, 11:04:17 PM »

If I am not mistaken Torie held the senate seat for quite a long-time.  I think Alexander Hamilton, wihle fighting an uphill battle, needs to try for it.

As far as the Dirty South being the same as the Pacific, in case anyone didn't notice the RPP was recently unsuccesful in passing the legislature amendment, Andy Jackson defeated SPC for Lt. Gov. a few months back, and it wasn't my best region in the special election
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2009, 11:06:42 PM »

AlexHam, your candidacy has the potential to open up the game to a new era more competitive and open elections, but also one of less bitter, less divisive politics.

So my question is, both in your campaign and if you are so lucky as to be elected Lt. Governor of the Pacific, are you ready to build bridges with the JCP and rise above partisan discord? Or, as has been evident in this thread so far, will your candidacy simply serve as another fertile ground for RPP and JCP leaders to snipe at one another?
I don't think the RPP/JCP feud really exists that heavily at all.  I have no problem speaking to members of the JCP including Bgwah, on interests that affect all parties.  We certainly run competitive elections against each other, but if we didn't I don't think that the game could survive.  The dominance of the two major parties coupled with a strong 3rd party is what has revived this game from the brink of death.  Alexander Hamilton is simply looking to show here that, as he said, the RPP is not only just a party of the Dirty South, but the Pacific RPP and DS RPP are different
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2009, 11:09:51 PM »

As is central to my campaign and confirmed in my opening and following statements, I will not associate myself with petty partisan bickering. One of my major reasons for running is that I feel the Pacific deserves a leader that will represent all of his or her constituents and not just the majority or plurality needed to win re-election. If doing so means forgoing some of the national RPP platform, or endorsing a JCP-supported measure that is beneficial to citizens that may not have necessarily supported my election, than so be it. I will hold all of my constituent's interests at heart at all times, and make decisions on what will be the best for the most possible, regardless of their partisan affiliation. Remember, I am here to be a uniter!
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2009, 11:13:01 PM »

I don't think the RPP/JCP feud really exists that heavily at all.  I have no problem speaking to members of the JCP including Bgwah, on interests that affect all parties.  We certainly run competitive elections against each other, but if we didn't I don't think that the game could survive.  The dominance of the two major parties coupled with a strong 3rd party is what has revived this game from the brink of death.  Alexander Hamilton is simply looking to show here that, as he said, the RPP is not only just a party of the Dirty South, but the Pacific RPP and DS RPP are different

On some topics, sure, the parties can get along. But there is quite the blanket of animosity resting beneath the surface, especially when it comes to candidacies and elections. This thread, so far, has been pretty focused on politics and veiled jabs at each party. There is a reason there are so few aisle-crossing votes in Atlasia and the discussion here does not seem like that's changing.

It is reassuring to hear AlexHam's remarks and I hope you do live up to that, both in words and actions. Maybe you can turn this thread into a real show of unity.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies