Hamilton for Lieutenant Governor of the Pacific (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:48:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Hamilton for Lieutenant Governor of the Pacific (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Hamilton for Lieutenant Governor of the Pacific  (Read 10944 times)
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« on: August 01, 2009, 08:08:24 PM »
« edited: September 22, 2009, 08:27:54 PM by Alexander Hamilton »

I am officially launching my campaign for Lieutenant Governor of the Pacific Region. For too long, citizens of the Pacific and Atlasia have settled for less than we should expect of our elected officials. It is time for us to stand up to the status quo and say "No more!".

I offer an alternative to the intense and divisive partisanship that has plagued my region for far too long. In these difficult times, we need a leader, not a follower. We need a uniter, not a divider. And to be a uniter, you have to be a fighter. I am a fighter- fighting for fairness, equality, and freedom. I pledge to fight for common sense solutions and a pragmatic approach to government. And I will make sure that the Governor and I fulfill our duties with aptitude and honesty.

I will stand up for the citizens of the Pacific and face these pressing issues, and to prove it, I promise that I will be an active Atlasian and encourage the same from others. And most importantly, I will work my hardest to restore our confidence in our government. Vote for me in the upcoming election and vote for leadership and unity.

Thank you to all of my supporters and all who have given their time and effort on my behalf. I am now open to questions and comments from Atlasians and will post further announcements in this thread.

Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 08:41:55 PM »

Thank you for all of the above endorsements. It is nice to see we have Atlasians committed to creating a brighter future.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 09:55:14 PM »

I offer an alternative to the intense and divisive partisanship that has plagued my region for far too long.

lol

How is that LOL?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 10:01:22 PM »

I offer an alternative to the intense and divisive partisanship that has plagued my region for far too long.

lol

How is that LOL?

''Intense and divisive partisanship''. Pacific is a one-party rule since a couple since a couple of years. So, there is no real partisanship.

If there wasn't intense partisanship, it wouldn't be one-party rule. New members are dissuaded from joining the Pacific because of the hyper-partisanship of many JCPers and I am here to reverse this type of image and show that the Pacific is welcome to all who wish to represent her. I do see the intense partisanship of JCP influence as divisive in nature.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 10:17:27 PM »

If there wasn't intense partisanship, it wouldn't be one-party rule. New members are dissuaded from joining the Pacific because of the hyper-partisanship of many JCPers and I am here to reverse this type of image and show that the Pacific is welcome to all who wish to represent her. I do see the intense partisanship of JCP influence as divisive in nature.

A RPPer can't give me a lesson on that. Replace ''Pacific'' by ''Dirty South'' and ''JCP by ''RPP'' and that is also true.

PiT, I don't want to bus other parties members out of Pacific. If you remember well, I was the member of another party in Pacific, before.

I have never claimed that the Dirty South situation was any better than the one party domination of the Pacific. However, I am not in the Dirty South.

I want you to know that you are making a mistake by trying to brand the RPP nationally. The Pacific's RPP operation has different goals and aims of the Dirty South's or Mideast's, just as the Arkansas Democratic Party and the Oregon Democratic Party have different platforms and ideologies.

Remember, unity is one of my key campaign themes. And that means embracing a Pacific culture that includes members of all parties, religions, genders, sexualities, and ethnicities.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 10:28:23 PM »

I am not aware than the party asked to these persons to move. If the party made so, then I disagree with my party.

Alexander, what are the goals and aims of the Pacific RPP?

As I am not regional chair, I do not feel qualified to make a statement of specifics of the entire party's goals. Personally, however, I want to, as Lt. Governor, build a more active region, interact with citizens of the Pacific and engage in direct dialect with the governor regarding citizen concerns, maintaining fair elections, and promote a government that provides justice, liberty, and equality.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 10:31:05 PM »

Alexander, there once was a second party in the Pacific, but we merged with the JCP. I wouldn't really call the Pacific "divisively partisan" just "heavily JCP."

Yes, but earlier this year the SDP dissolved and merged into the JCP. I believe you were one of them. Are there any other issues that you want to engage me with, because I do not believe that debating partisanship is the most important part of my campaign.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 11:09:51 PM »

AlexHam, your candidacy has the potential to open up the game to a new era more competitive and open elections, but also one of less bitter, less divisive politics.

So my question is, both in your campaign and if you are so lucky as to be elected Lt. Governor of the Pacific, are you ready to build bridges with the JCP and rise above partisan discord? Or, as has been evident in this thread so far, will your candidacy simply serve as another fertile ground for RPP and JCP leaders to snipe at one another?

As is central to my campaign and confirmed in my opening and following statements, I will not associate myself with petty partisan bickering. One of my major reasons for running is that I feel the Pacific deserves a leader that will represent all of his or her constituents and not just the majority or plurality needed to win re-election. If doing so means forgoing some of the national RPP platform, or endorsing a JCP-supported measure that is beneficial to citizens that may not have necessarily supported my election, than so be it. I will hold all of my constituent's interests at heart at all times, and make decisions on what will be the best for the most possible, regardless of their partisan affiliation. Remember, I am here to be a uniter!
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 10:19:35 AM »

I endorse you and wish you luck in your campaign. Hopefully you can add some competition to this region.

Much appreciated.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 03:50:49 PM »

Thank you. Hopefully we both manage to finish with successful campaigns.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2009, 08:37:23 PM »

I have to say, I'm very impressed by your courage. It takes some guts to run as a RPP politician in the Pacific. It looks like this might become the first competive election in this region for a really, really, really, long time. As Marokai said, once upon a time there was competive elections in the Pacific as well (they could choose between left, and EXTREME left) but that was quite a while ago.

One-party dominance isn't beneficial for any region, and it's certainly not attractive for people who wants to participate in an election RP. There's a reason the Dirty South and the Pacific are the regions that gets the least newbies. If you can blow some life into the deadest and most boring region in Atlasia, that'll be a very good thing.

I just hope the voters are not so partisan, they won't even give you a chance.

Good luck Wink

You have my endorsment.     

Thank you, your support is very much appreciated and I respect the DA for helping to support multipartisanship among regions.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2009, 11:55:49 PM »

I can proudly say that I have been anti-endorsed by everyone's favorite poster, Jewish Conservative. I'm not sure if that means that he "leans JCP" for this race.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009, 02:42:31 AM »

Campaigning against the JCP is not a winning strategy, since most Pacific inhabitants are JCP members. It would be better to say why you would be the best Lt. Gov.

I wasn't trying to campaign against the JCP, just the incumbent that hasn't performed his duties proper. I'll redo it to clarify.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 06:21:41 PM »

Endorsed.  Seems to be very capable.  Just make sure you don't turn into another RPP drone and you'll be good.  Take Vepres as your model.

Glad to have your support, Happy Warrior.

Updated my first post, as well.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2009, 08:46:49 PM »

One of the most critical issues on the table is trust. Can you trust your Lieutenant Governor to do his/her job adequately? Better yet, can you trust your Lieutenant Governor to do his/her job superbly?

There are some in this race that have shown us they are unreliable, shown us they cannot be trusted. It's time for a true change. Vote Hamilton for Pacific Lt. Governor in August 2009. Vote for a job well done.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 01:17:24 AM »

Incumbent Alcon recently notified me that he is not running for re-election. Something to do with an ax murderer. Possible Jim Bunning moment?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 01:24:52 AM »

I was promised an extensive post addressing the former Lt. Governor/ax-murderer.

ANTI-ENDORSED!

Alcon, you are the current Lt. Governor. Except you didn't know that until I told you. And this is consistent behavior.

I apologize, I forgot that I was Lt. Governor.  Again.

You may have to remind me in the morning, too, I am not wholly sober

I urge members of all parties in the Pacific to vote for a Lt. Governor that will fulfill the duties of the job and bring reform to the region. Alexander Hamilton is the only candidate in this race that represents the change we need in the Pacific.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2009, 09:36:22 AM »
« Edited: August 04, 2009, 09:38:30 AM by Alexander Hamilton »

I urge members of all parties in the Pacific to vote for a Lt. Governor that will fulfill the duties of the job and bring reform to the region.

Okay, well, not to be a stickler or anything, but... firstly, which duties of the office did Alcon not fulfill?  Secondly, how do you propose, as potential Lieutenant Governor, to bring reform to the region, and what type of reform, exactly?

Alcon has been AWOL his entire term; that is unacceptable. As for reform, I am going to use the position to send a message of a new attitude towards politics in the Pacific and create a more accepting atmosphere for new citizens, as well as work closely with the legislature and Governor to make sure that positive results are seen in areas such as education and transportation.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2009, 09:50:08 AM »

I urge members of all parties in the Pacific to vote for a Lt. Governor that will fulfill the duties of the job and bring reform to the region.

What are the duties of the Pacific Lt. Governor, Mr. Hamilton?

To supervise and manage elections, initiatives, and referenda, and to take over the duties of the duties of Governor should the Governor become incapable of doing so.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 10:05:31 AM »

One of my goals is have the Lt. Gov. be a more visible position. I take the job seriously.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2009, 10:13:16 AM »

One of my goals is have the Lt. Gov. be a more visible position. I take the job seriously.

The best solution to the office is to abolish it.

I took the job seriously, but what do you want to do in a chair-warming do nothing job? Run for Governor if you really want a real office.

This is my first campaign ever so I figure Lt. Governor is a better fit that Governor.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2009, 02:41:18 PM »

Lt. Governor Barnes is an example of a good Lt. Governor. He's really helped bring activity to his region.

I agree. I think new members should be encouraged to run for these sorts of seats, not to "do" anything, but rather to learn, experience and gain visibility. You have to get on the stage before you can hope to play in the orchestra or someday, perhaps, direct it yourself.

Basically.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2009, 08:56:02 PM »

I will make my voice heard in the Senate until the School Standards Reform Bill is finalized. Hopefully some of my suggestions will be made amendments. I am certain this bill will provide a better education for all young Atlasians.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2009, 09:10:21 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2009, 09:12:43 PM by Alexander Hamilton »

Do you support Racists in the upcoming at-large senatorial election?

No and I never have supported racists.

Is this a reference question? I have made certain comments that it would be in the United States best interest's to pick a certain genocidal maniac over another certain Communist genocidal maniac that was even more psycho and brought on a 50 year arms race that dragged us into an era of fear, war, and debt. Does that make me a racist? If I had it my way we would've taken out the Nazis and the Soviets with extreme brevity. I hope that clears things up. If you are calling the RPP racist, you are wrong. I have voiced clear opposition to racists such as Woodrow Wilson and Dukkke on this very forum.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2009, 09:22:52 PM »

Ok while it was something that need cleared up anyways.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies