Predicted Results for 2010 Governor Races (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:00:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election Predictions (Moderator: muon2)
  Predicted Results for 2010 Governor Races (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Predicted Results for 2010 Governor Races  (Read 29291 times)
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« on: September 13, 2009, 02:56:23 PM »

Heres how I see it. (Note I accidentally forgot Connecticut and I didnt want to make another map, it should be Red though)

Alaska - Parnell, solid
California - This all depends on the candidate.  If Feinstein does run, she wins.  If the dems cannabalize themselves with crazies, as it looks like, then Whitman wins.  If Newsom wins the primary, Whitman wins.
Oregon - If Smith runs, he wins.  Kuglonski's never been liked in the state.  Maybe Kevin Mannix will make another run.
Idaho - R solid
Nevada - Im assuming that the reason Heller passed on the senate race was in order for him to run for governor.  In that case, the job goes to him.  If its not him, its probably D.
Utah - R solid
Arizona - Phil Gordon and Terry Goddard will cannabalize themselves in the primary.  Both are top tier democrats, and Gordon in particular is known for sleazy mudslinging.  The primary will get nasty.  Brewer will make it through.
Hawaii - Abercrombie, barely.
Wyoming - solid D
Colorado - Ritter is in deep trouble and he has a lot of good candidates running against him.  They are also polling better than him. R
New Mexico - dems hold on to this one, but if anything moves forward on Richardson, then Denish could find herself in trouble
Plains states all the way through Texas - all republican, including Texas (Texas will stick with Perry)
I dont see any partisan movement in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa or Illinois. - all D
Arkansas - Beebe solid D
Tennessee - Bredesen solid D
Alabama - I dont know the players in this one.  I think this may be the southern one I get wrong. I defaulted it at R.
Georgia - Barnes, D
Florida - McCollum will win, but not by much, he is a weak candidate, it will just be a really good Republican year
South Carolina - We will have a second Indian-American republican governor in the deep south. Nikki Haley
Michigan - Granholms destruction of the state will hand this one to Republicans
Ohio - Stricklands in trouble, but Kasich will win by only a slim margin
Pennsylvania - DRDRDRDR, we are on the R cycle in how this state elects governors
Maryland - O Malley solid D
New York - Giuliani, by a slim margin R
Connecticut - solid R
Rhode Island - Chafee will win
Vermont - with Douglas leaving, this is the most likely to turn D
New Hamshire & Maine - solid D

This produces a pickup of:
1 ind, 6 republicans
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 06:52:00 PM »

Sorry, Azmagic, but Brewer is toast.

She's been slicing herself up for several months.

Much of her staff has jumpted ship.

She may not even seek nomination.

The real question is who will be the Republican nominee.

Suggest you check Sonoran Alliance for updates on the situation.
Where are Vernon Parker and Dean Martin in their beliefs?  I want to find the most articulate conservative of the two and one that will go on the national circuit to attack Obama.  Renewed prosperity in our state can be used as a counter to all of the President's failed programs.  I would prefer Parker (since he's black and good looking, makes it easier) to have those qualities.  He's from PV though, and that could signal a McCain-like elite republican sort of deal - I dont want that.  And, as for the dems Goddard has another thing coming though if he expects to easily make it through the primary.  Gordon and Thomas are just itching to bring their machine statewide.
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 12:24:41 AM »

I seriously doubt Whitman would win. Campbell or even Poizner stand a much better chance.

Whitman committed political suicide the other day by declaring herself in favor of taxpayer funded abortions, supporting drastic 'gun control' and favoring taxpayers paying welfare for illegal aliens.

Oh, and she also adores Van Jones, the commie that got pushed under the bus by Obama.

Yep, Whitman's not winning now for sure - she wont make it out of the primary.  I am taking a close look at Campbell though.  Former SF Mayor Willie Brown wrote an article about him saying how focused he is compared to all D or R candidates and that his could make him king in the end.  Willie's a pretty shrewd political mind, so I'm keeping my eyeball on that one.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies