Joe Sestak 2016? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:02:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Joe Sestak 2016? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Joe Sestak 2016?
Yes, he will run.

Maybe.

No way in hell.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 59

Author Topic: Joe Sestak 2016?  (Read 7280 times)
TopherAwesome
Rookie

« on: June 23, 2010, 07:25:38 PM »

He will most likely lose this fall to Pat Toomey.

Don't scare me. I don't want Lake Erie becoming an oil drenched lake.

Sestak will win. Toomey is a Santorum clone, and you saw how Pennsylvanians rejected him.
TopherAwesome
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 07:38:12 PM »

I voted maybe.

This is all assuming he wins the Senate seat. He has strong credentials. Over 30 years in the Military, and serving in the House and Senate. Electorally it would be beneficiary too since he's from PA. Republicans wouldn't even contest PA, a state they try to contend in every four years but always lose at the federal level.

Sestak is an attractive candidate, and if he does become Senator Sestak, I think it's likely he will run in 2016.
TopherAwesome
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 03:14:36 AM »

Sestak will win. Toomey is a Santorum clone, and you saw how Pennsylvanians rejected him.

2006 was a strong democrat year. 2012 is a strong GOP year. PA is in the middle and will swing with that much momentum. Erie? I was born an hour south of there.

You do have a point that it was a strong Democratic year. I think though that Republicans that are Moderate such as Tom Ridge and Arlen Specter (when he was a Republican) have a much better chance in PA. Pennsylvania is turned off by extreme candidates. Same can be said about Far Left candidates, I'm not just saying it's Republicans in this case. In my opinion Pat Toomey is too extreme to the right. We may disagree whether he's far right or not, that's just how I see him.

Yes, I'm from Erie. An hour south eh? I'm gonna guess Mercer County?
TopherAwesome
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 06:23:04 PM »

2006 was a strong democrat year. 2012 is a strong GOP year. PA is in the middle and will swing with that much momentum. Erie? I was born an hour south of there.

You do have a point that it was a strong Democratic year. I think though that Republicans that are Moderate such as Tom Ridge and Arlen Specter (when he was a Republican) have a much better chance in PA. Pennsylvania is turned off by extreme candidates. Same can be said about Far Left candidates, I'm not just saying it's Republicans in this case. In my opinion Pat Toomey is too extreme to the right. We may disagree whether he's far right or not, that's just how I see him.

Grove City, PA. My family has a legacy at Grove City College actually but I went to Thiel.

Ahhh, good ol Grove City. I drive through there quite often. My Mom loves going to the shopping mall down there. It's a very nice place.
TopherAwesome
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 09:44:58 PM »

Grove City, PA. My family has a legacy at Grove City College actually but I went to Thiel.

Ahhh, good ol Grove City. I drive through there quite often. My Mom loves going to the shopping mall down there. It's a very nice place.

That's awesome. My dad helped to design the sewer lines around there. I've been there plenty. Tell me about your boy the mill creek mall.

The Millcreek Mall is nice. Have you been there since they renovated it? They put in a new food court and a sky roof and a whole bunch of things. Same thing with the Bayfront. Used to be nothing but dirt but now that area is nice since they built the new hotel down there along with the Bayfront Convention Center. They have renovated a lot of places here nicely. That place along with Presque Isle are my favorite things about Erie.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies