Was the McMartin preschool trial a witch-hunt?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:50:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  Was the McMartin preschool trial a witch-hunt?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Was the McMartin preschool trial a witch-hunt?  (Read 2903 times)
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 09, 2009, 09:30:41 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McMartin_preschool_trial

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Of course it was, along with the entirety of the "Satanic panic" of the 1980s that so many conservatives found politically advantageous. These scumbag Christian hypocrites would drum it into the heads of children they'd been molested, and their white trash disciples would believe it. And why? Because that's what Christianity does, since the days of Constantine and caesropapism: use the machinery of the State to crush its religious competitors through false allegations and hysterics. Christianity is not interested in a free-market of faith.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 09:47:03 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Fuck Chuck.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 04:39:01 AM »

You think the witch-hunt mentality is dependent on Christianity? Oh boy...I doubt there are many English-speaking articles on the witch-hunts that have occured in Scandinavia in recent years but just take my word - you're wrong.

Besides, there is no mention of Christianity in the article. You're the one making the inferences without any logical foundation.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 10:48:44 AM »

You think the witch-hunt mentality is dependent on Christianity? Oh boy...I doubt there are many English-speaking articles on the witch-hunts that have occured in Scandinavia in recent years but just take my word - you're wrong.

Besides, there is no mention of Christianity in the article. You're the one making the inferences without any logical foundation.

He's arguing that it was Christian-based because it was an attempt to scapegoat Satanism. There is some initial truth to that considering the early propogators of the satanic ritual abuse myth were fundamentalist Christians, see the now-debunked book Michelle Remembers. The problem with his argument is that the moral panic was initially largely just for money and publicity. It's hard to argue that LaVeyism, (supposedly the "religious competitor" in question) is a large threat to Christianity, nor were any of the scapegoated followers of it (most likely they were Christian as well.) So yeah, it's a baseless and silly attack.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies