Can someone help me out here? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:06:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Can someone help me out here? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can someone help me out here?  (Read 1811 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: August 17, 2009, 12:04:52 PM »

By the way, I'd be curious to see how jmfcst thinks the debt crisis will be resolved, and what Sam Spade thinks would have happened if we had just let everything fail.

americans have figured out how to raid the treasury, so I don't think it is going to be resolved.  And, seeing that my global outlook is religiously based upon end-time events, I don't particularly hold to an economic end-game, rather I think war will overtake these economic issues.

If i were running the country, my long-term economic policy would be to dismantle the entitlement system that is 60 Trillion dollars underfunded...though I would spend money making preventative care a priority (immunize every child, etc, etc,).

The whole notion of Social Security has killed the savings rate in this country.

As far as health care goes, we can't afford it when Americans live unhealthy lifestyles and are only getting fatter.  Maybe giving everyone a tax credit to but a treadmill would help, along with banning non-whole wheat flour and the like.  I hate to go that rout, but unless we motivate people to live healthier...we're all gong to go broke.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies