The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:40:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18
Author Topic: The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit  (Read 50248 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 18, 2009, 09:27:43 PM »
« edited: August 18, 2009, 09:51:14 PM by GM Purple State »

This thread may be used for reader comments and requests of the Atlasia Dispatch-Herald. All requests will be considered and added to the queue for public viewing in the paper.

Keep it clean and enjoy.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 09:31:49 PM »

National Debt numbers please.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 09:33:30 PM »

I think that my return to Atlasia is deserving of a front page headline in very big, bold, bright red letters.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 09:35:08 PM »

Just to let you know, I've updated the Wiki to include you as GM, and stuff.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 09:36:35 PM »

I'd like to see a story over the recent controversy over absentee ballots.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 09:38:36 PM »

How about we just PM him requests so as to keep this thread more about discussion of the articles. Smiley
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 09:39:40 PM »
« Edited: August 18, 2009, 09:41:44 PM by GM Purple State »

Bare in mind that I have many articles ready to publish, but they will be spaced out and not placed down in one big lump. I have to give you guys a reason to keep coming back. This first wave will be four articles, one in each section. After this most days will have one or two.

Ready, but won't be up for a day or two.

I think that my return to Atlasia is deserving of a front page headline in very big, bold, bright red letters.

Stay and get involved and maybe you'll make it into an article.

Thanks Barnes.

Do you mean Hamilton's opening of the booth improperly? Story doesn't seem that deep, but I will look into it.

How about we just PM him requests so as to keep this thread more about discussion of the articles. Smiley

And spam my Inbox? Wink

You can all PM me or post here. I'll stick it in the queue either way.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 09:42:21 PM »
« Edited: August 18, 2009, 10:07:17 PM by Northeast Lt. Governor Barnes »

Bare in mind that I have many articles ready to publish, but they will be spaced out and not placed down in one big lump. I have to give you guys a reason to keep coming back. This first wave will be four articles, one in each section. After this most days will have one or two.

Ready, but won't be up for a day or two.

Stay and get involved and maybe you'll make it into an article.

Thanks Barnes.

Do you mean Hamilton's opening of the booth improperly? Story doesn't seem that deep, but I will look into it.

I mean Hamilton, but you decide. But it could include the new laws about absentee ballots, and Hamilton thinking he was Deputy and stuff. Smiley
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 10:04:26 PM »

I hope that as time goes on, not only will Atlasia's events be significantly different from the US', but that other countries' behavior may be significantly different due to Atlasian policy.

By the way, do we have troops in Iraq and Afghanistan?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 10:09:12 PM »

I hope that as time goes on, not only will Atlasia's events be significantly different from the US', but that other countries' behavior may be significantly different due to Atlasian policy.

The Senate has never passed a declaration of war against either country, so the answer would be no.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 10:10:34 PM »

The Senate has never passed a declaration of war against either country, so the answer would be no.

We inherited all laws up to 2004 I thought, so wouldn't those resolutions have been passed?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2009, 10:12:05 PM »

We inherited all laws up to 2004 I thought, so wouldn't those resolutions have been passed?

I believe the decision to inherit pre-2004 laws was an optional, rather than mandatory adoption. If I am mistaken I'll take that into account, but I will refrain from doing so until then.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2009, 10:25:48 PM »

I'm pretty certain that we inherited all laws.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2009, 10:39:04 PM »

I'm not seeing where this happened (just went through every law on the Wiki). Could you link me?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2009, 10:41:20 PM »

I'm not seeing where this happened (just went through every law on the Wiki). Could you link me?

Nothing written either way, but given that we repealed a lot of old laws, it's a logical assumption.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2009, 10:43:37 PM »

Nothing written either way, but given that we repealed a lot of old laws, it's a logical assumption.

I'd rather that sort of thing actually be done by the Senate. Especially we haven't taken any action relating to the wars, nor does the FTA with Iraq seem to take it into account.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2009, 10:54:39 PM »

I'd rather that sort of thing actually be done by the Senate. Especially we haven't taken any action relating to the wars, nor does the FTA with Iraq seem to take it into account.

Since we can't be sure either way at this point, it's probably up to you as GM to decide.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2009, 10:55:40 PM »

Iraq was "fixed", don't you know?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 10:59:01 PM »

I'm going forward under the assumption that we are now wholly separate from the U.S., aside from things that have commonly been assumed to be a part of both (such as social security, medicare/caid, etc.) or those which the Senate has mentioned in legislation.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2009, 11:23:47 PM »

Economic and Financial News

Atlasian National Stock Exchange Opens
GM Purple state today announced the opening of the Atlasian National Stock Exchange (ANSE), Atlasia’s first such exchange for trading financial products. Asserting the nation’s independence from the United States, Atlasians flocked to the ANSE to buy up local stock.

ANSE     1,000  (Unch)

Financial Indicators
  • $1 Atlasian = $1 U.S.
  • Unemployment = 10%
  • Crude Oil = $70/barrel
  • Revenues = $11 trillion; Expenses = $12.8 trillion
  • Trade Deficit = $700 billion

Could the GM comment on why those revenues are so high? The Gov't would be accounting for like 70% of GDP if GDP is anything close to RL numbers. I don't see how five years of difference in laws could cause GDP to grow so far so fast that would be taken in 11 Trillion dollars in revenue.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2009, 11:29:06 PM »
« Edited: August 18, 2009, 11:38:39 PM by GM Purple State »

GM Purple state today announced the opening of the Atlasian National Stock Exchange (ANSE), Atlasia’s first such exchange for trading financial products. Asserting the nation’s independence from the United States, Atlasians flocked to the ANSE to buy up local stock.

ANSE     1,000  (Unch)

Financial Indicators
  • $1 Atlasian = $1 U.S.
  • Unemployment = 10%
  • Crude Oil = $70/barrel

Could the GM comment on why those revenues are so high? The Gov't would be accounting for like 70% of GDP if GDP is anything close to RL numbers. I don't see how five years of difference in laws could cause GDP to grow so far so fast that would be taken in 11 Trillion dollars in revenue.

Ok, fixed. I'm no whiz on the economic numbers, so if you catch anything like that let me know.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2009, 11:42:35 PM »

I'm still hoping for Somalia updates, hinthint Wink
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2009, 11:48:30 PM »

I think there was a resolution that withdrew Atlasian troops from Iraq.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2009, 11:48:36 PM »
« Edited: August 18, 2009, 11:56:41 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

ANSE     1,000  (Unch)

Financial Indicators
  • $1 Atlasian = $1 U.S.
  • Unemployment = 10%
  • Crude Oil = $70/barrel

Ok, fixed. I'm no whiz on the economic numbers, so if you catch anything like that let me know.

Its better but they are still considerably high. 30%-40% of RL GDP. I would suggest that in the future you look at RL numbers first and modify as needed. That will give it a better basis in reality.

For instance rought RL numbers
GDP: 14 Trillion
Expenses: 3.6 Trillion
Revenues: 1.8 Trillion
These are the estimates for next year when we have a projected 1.8 Trillion dollar deficit.

The recession has murdered Revenue and generally you should keep expenses either at 25% of GDP or slighlty over(RL is about 26% maybe 30% at most). The Recession also distorts the numbers somewhat. For instance Revenue is down to 12% of GDP now when just a few years ago it was at about 16 or 17%. Judging by our Tax code I would say revenue should be in the 20-25% range, I would say low ball the number some cause the Recession would depress it. Your deficit is fairly accurate though at 1 trillion.

My suggestion is first start out with your GDP number. Then break down revenues, expenses, etc. 
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2009, 11:56:30 PM »

My biggest trouble has been finding RL numbers. I'll shift it to what you laid out. They probably won't change any more often than monthly at the most.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies