The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:39:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit  (Read 50681 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« on: October 08, 2009, 04:24:11 PM »

Whether its most prominent residents, whose political leanings tend to favor abolition of the regions, view this as a positive or negative aspect cannot be determined by this office

I'd say its most prominent residents have a strong pro-regional tendency.  bgwah, for example, is a reactionary on the issue.

Do you even know what "reactionary" means?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 01:28:49 PM »

Whether its most prominent residents, whose political leanings tend to favor abolition of the regions, view this as a positive or negative aspect cannot be determined by this office

I'd say its most prominent residents have a strong pro-regional tendency.  bgwah, for example, is a reactionary on the issue.

Yes.
<-Radical----Liberal----Moderate----Conservative----Reactionary->

I'd say clapping your hands over your ears and going "lalala, regions are just swell in every way!" hearkens back to the days of yore entirely too much, wouldn't you?

Similarly, my impractical support of the complete abolition of regions is extreme enough (in a "change the foundations of society") way that it's clearly radical.

No, reactionary doesn't mean super-conservative. It suggests I want to revert to some previous condition or state. I do not desire to regress to a previous state. I seek to conserve the present state by keeping the regions, making me a conservative on the issue.

If regions were abolished, and I was calling for their return, then I would be a reactionary.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 09:35:16 PM »

Yes.
<-Radical----Liberal----Moderate----Conservative----Reactionary->

I'd say clapping your hands over your ears and going "lalala, regions are just swell in every way!" hearkens back to the days of yore entirely too much, wouldn't you?

Similarly, my impractical support of the complete abolition of regions is extreme enough (in a "change the foundations of society") way that it's clearly radical.

No, reactionary doesn't mean super-conservative. It suggests I want to revert to some previous condition or state. I do not desire to regress to a previous state. I seek to conserve the present state by keeping the regions, making me a conservative on the issue.

If regions were abolished, and I was calling for their return, then I would be a reactionary.

As I recall, you entire arguments earlier this year were that regions were once great and miraculous and could be again if only we (insert your manifesto here).

But you just said I was saying "Regions are just swell in every way!" Trying to save face for misunderstanding a basic political term? I'm a little surprised you didn't know what reactionary means, but I don't think you're dumb because of it or anything. Just an honest mistake. Smiley
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 05:40:28 PM »

Ah, I see Jas, still humiliated that he lost to Keystone Phil (really, can you possibly be more of a loser?), that his failed ideology was not only defeated but proven oh so wrong, could not resist an opportunity to get a quick punch in on a political enemy of his.

Hurry, Jas! Run back into the shadows and cower in your hole.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 06:02:37 PM »

Ah, I see Jas, still humiliated that he lost to Keystone Phil (really, can you possibly be more of a loser?), that his failed ideology was not only defeated but proven oh so wrong, could not resist an opportunity to get a quick punch in on a political enemy of his.

Hurry, Jas! Run back into the shadows and cower in your hole.

Mmm...okay. I just think if you're going to criticise someone else for apparently not knowing the definitions of words, it'd be nice if you actually knew what it meant yourself.

Your Wiki definition differs from what I learned in class and read myself, but whatever. Even using your definition I disagree that it is an accurate description of myself.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

As if you often reply to me in a non-petty or respectful way. Your "contributions" to Atlasia have largely consisted of hit and run attacks on those you disagree with and nothing more.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 06:23:04 PM »

I have no interest in looking through your 7,388 post history to prove my point. You sure take a while to write your seemingly short replies, though. Do you just sit there figuring out the best way to push my buttons? I regrettably probably responded exactly how you wanted me to initially. But I'm done with you. Good bye.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies