why are people bringing assault rifles to obama health care rallies?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:30:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  why are people bringing assault rifles to obama health care rallies?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: why are people bringing assault rifles to obama health care rallies?  (Read 3694 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2009, 07:52:18 PM »

For the same reason that people aren't enslaved there.

Because you never know when a health care debate could turn into a slave auction.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2009, 09:20:04 PM »

For the same reason that people aren't enslaved there.

Because you never know when a health care debate could turn into a slave auction.

Hmmm...I thought of this a while ago...
I helped my parents sell a litter of Corgi puppies over the summer. We got them sold for $350 a peice. Provided that this is a recession, I would say that the FMV in economically stable times is about $500. Now. Each Corgi puppy weighs 10 pounds and therefore sell for about $3-5 an once. This is roughly the old price for Silver when there was no hyper-inflation of metal prices. Therefore, it seems reasonable that a slave, with no physical (not fat,ugly or crippled) or mental(can do almost any task you need him/her to do) defects, should sell for the old price of gold, or $300-$500 an once ($5000 a pound, instead of $50/lb for the Corgis). Therefore, we can make a pricelist-

Slave Baby
$ 100,000
Slave Child
$ 250, 000
Slave Woman/sex slave
$1,000,000
Slave Man/eunuch to guard your sex slaves
$2,000,000

So yes....with me coming up with these prices, those rednecks are wise to arm themselves to the teeth...especially because I am not scared to "make" eunuchs.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2009, 02:17:44 AM »

If a thousand people bring guns to these things over the next weeks and months and nobody gets shot and nobody dies, will you guys change your minds about anything?  Not that I'd expect the nutty gun control fundies to ever change their mind about anything, but a few of you on the left actually know how to change your mind.

(and I should mention again that I don't own a gun and have never owned a gun.  No/little need.)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2009, 09:37:09 AM »

If a thousand people bring guns to these things over the next weeks and months and nobody gets shot and nobody dies, will you guys change your minds about anything? 

Why would one change one's mind in that case?  The one-thousand-and--first could still shoot a bunch of people.  The point about guns is they make getting murdered much more likely and feasible.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2009, 12:54:02 PM »

If a thousand people bring guns to these things over the next weeks and months and nobody gets shot and nobody dies, will you guys change your minds about anything?  Not that I'd expect the nutty gun control fundies to ever change their mind about anything, but a few of you on the left actually know how to change your mind.

(and I should mention again that I don't own a gun and have never owned a gun.  No/little need.)
No, it would still be a stupid move and would be a form of intimidation.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2009, 02:14:39 PM »

I wouldn't mind running into her at a rally Wink
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2009, 08:41:23 PM »

As I wrote a couple of days ago, considering the history of political assasinations and overall violence by right-wing extremists, whoever talks about people just exercising their second amendment rights is either dangerously naive or dangerously cavalier.

What? Most presidential assassins have been left leaning individuals.

Especially that renowned communist James Wilkes Booth.

I actually saw Ann Coulter argue that Booth was an outspoken "pacifist" and a man of the left. States is the kind of person who's dumb enough to believe that... if he didn't already hail Booth as a brave patriot.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2009, 06:20:57 PM »

To kill things. Why else would anyone bring a gun anywhere?
Right, everytime anybody has ever brought a gun anywhere their intention was to kill.  Your logic is astonishing.
I don't know why else you would own a gun. To look cool? To pretend to kill things? The purpose of a gun is to kill or seriously injure.

No one brought a gun so they could kill anyone.  However, they certainly didn't bring guns because they expected to have to "protect themselves".

They brought guns in the hope of starting a fight.  Or perhaps in the hope of being arrested and becoming martyrs. Joe the Plumber had his 15 minutes.  Now, it's someone else's turn.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2009, 07:01:13 PM »

To kill things. Why else would anyone bring a gun anywhere?
Right, everytime anybody has ever brought a gun anywhere their intention was to kill.  Your logic is astonishing.
I don't know why else you would own a gun. To look cool? To pretend to kill things? The purpose of a gun is to kill or seriously injure.

No one brought a gun so they could kill anyone.  However, they certainly didn't bring guns because they expected to have to "protect themselves".

They brought guns in the hope of starting a fight.  Or perhaps in the hope of being arrested and becoming martyrs. Joe the Plumber had his 15 minutes.  Now, it's someone else's turn.

Quite true, Jim.  We had someone in Beaver County arrested for open-carrying while candidate Obama was there.  He was in the proper roped off area for protestors but he was arrested for carrying a gun and bible (obvious reference to Obama's statement).   LOTS OF HOOPLA......went to court.......charges tossed. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies