why are people bringing assault rifles to obama health care rallies? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:54:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  why are people bringing assault rifles to obama health care rallies? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: why are people bringing assault rifles to obama health care rallies?  (Read 3730 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« on: August 19, 2009, 11:48:39 AM »

I can't wait to see how many guns will be brandished at the G20, since PA is an open carry state.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 02:53:23 PM »

Usually Presidents (or other persons) get assassinated by people who hide their guns, not those who carry them out in the open.

Just something to think about.
Obviously but it doesn't make these people any less disturbing.

I'm telling  you, boys and girls, the G-20 is going to be the frigging wild west here.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 02:14:39 PM »

I wouldn't mind running into her at a rally Wink
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 07:01:13 PM »

To kill things. Why else would anyone bring a gun anywhere?
Right, everytime anybody has ever brought a gun anywhere their intention was to kill.  Your logic is astonishing.
I don't know why else you would own a gun. To look cool? To pretend to kill things? The purpose of a gun is to kill or seriously injure.

No one brought a gun so they could kill anyone.  However, they certainly didn't bring guns because they expected to have to "protect themselves".

They brought guns in the hope of starting a fight.  Or perhaps in the hope of being arrested and becoming martyrs. Joe the Plumber had his 15 minutes.  Now, it's someone else's turn.

Quite true, Jim.  We had someone in Beaver County arrested for open-carrying while candidate Obama was there.  He was in the proper roped off area for protestors but he was arrested for carrying a gun and bible (obvious reference to Obama's statement).   LOTS OF HOOPLA......went to court.......charges tossed. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies