why are people bringing assault rifles to obama health care rallies? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:51:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  why are people bringing assault rifles to obama health care rallies? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: why are people bringing assault rifles to obama health care rallies?  (Read 3721 times)
MSG
MSG@LUC
Rookie
United States

« on: August 19, 2009, 06:42:36 PM »

Just my two cents on this topic.

I find it odd that no one has mentioned in this whole hes carrying it for protection ever takes that to its next logical step.  What if the person with his weapon decided he was threaten(whatever that's means, and one could feel that way very easily in a situation such as these) and decided to use it.  In a crowd like these there is little reliability that the person would find his target especially with a semi or fully automatic weapons whose accuracy are far from ideal in the best of hands and at the least of stressful situations.  This would cause something similar to Kent state except i worry that both sides would become violent.  Sometimes ones right should be decreased in situations so as to foster safety and calm for all involved.  Let alone this is a health care debate and not a gun rights debate. There is no analogous here no matter what slippery slope someone might try to make. 

I like owning guns there fun to shoot, i don't particularly like hunting more so due to my suckage at it than anything else.  But just because i like my gun and owning it doesn't mean i need to carry my weapon every where i go.  If i was going into bad parts of Indy when i worked there i always did.  Also i always take it when I'm going on a long trip that involves night driving but those are responsible uses.  Just because it is technically right doesn't mean that it is right.  We should not be applauding these people but condemning and ostracizing them.  You don't need to make new laws but as a community if we say this is not the correct behavior and show these people as the fools they are, not some kinda freedom fighting heroes, the same goal will be achieved.  Just my opinion we all i have one who knows if my is good.  Time to go drink beer, watch baseball, and forgot about politics.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies