2012-PPP: Huckabee within 3 points of Obama
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:57:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012-PPP: Huckabee within 3 points of Obama
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: 2012-PPP: Huckabee within 3 points of Obama  (Read 5741 times)
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2009, 05:18:56 PM »

Romney is a fraud/aka used car salesman.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2009, 05:26:31 PM »

Romney is actually the least "flip-flopping" especially considering past MA presidential candidates.
lol

So original!  I love thinkers.  Thank you so much for your valuable opinions...er the opinions of his opponents' smear machines.  God knows we didn't hear those enough already!
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2009, 05:33:42 PM »

Romney is actually the least "flip-flopping" especially considering past MA presidential candidates.
lol

So original!  I love thinkers.  Thank you so much for your valuable opinions...er the opinions of his opponents' smear machines.  God knows we didn't hear those enough already!
He said Kerry was a worst flip flopper than Romney. That is ridiculous.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2009, 05:33:56 PM »

lol

His ridiculous pandering to the social conservative wing of the party was terrible. If he actually ran on what he really believes, he would have done much better in my opinion.
scootman
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2009, 07:01:28 PM »

The problem with the polls right now is that only Palin has been Palinized. What I mean is that she's been savaged by the media and the Dems (and there are some self inflicted wounds), and when's the last time Huck or Romney was the subject of a negative attack? As soon as they wrap up the the nomination, Huck is a right wing religious wacko even more than Palin, Romney is a flip flopper whose Mormonism will be held against him, and Newt is a philandering old relic.
Will their numbers hold up any better than hers if they were attacked the same way? That's the big question.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2009, 07:28:48 PM »

Can anyone explain to me how Romney is a flip-flopper?  From what I understand, the only issue he's changed his opinion on is abortion.  What else is there?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2009, 07:31:58 PM »

Can anyone explain to me how Romney is a flip-flopper?  From what I understand, the only issue he's changed his opinion on is abortion.  What else is there?

There's nothing else to use against him to cover for their anti-Mormon bigotry.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2009, 07:54:01 PM »

Have you ever even met a Mormon before?
scootman
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2009, 08:04:50 PM »

Everybody flip flops, sometimes for good reasons if for some reason you think you should change your opinion on something. Romney has flipped on abortion, gun control. He gets criticized because he seemed to think one thing when running to be a governor of  a moderate state, and another when attempting to be the nominee of a conservative party. He'll need to explain himself, like every other candidate in the world who is not named Barack Obama.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2009, 08:33:45 PM »

Folks, Americans would never be stupid enough to elect a subliterate Bible-lovin' right-winger with a disgusting southern drawl.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2009, 08:35:36 PM »

Have you ever even met a Mormon before?

Yes, they are all over CA. Tongue
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2009, 08:43:07 PM »

Folks, Americans would never be stupid enough to elect a subliterate Bible-lovin' right-winger with a disgusting southern drawl.

I'm assuming that's supposed to be a joke about Bush?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2009, 08:58:38 PM »

I'm assuming that's supposed to be a joke about Bush?

.yeah.... the question is- can Huckabee pull a Bush- a better question would how Dubya would have done had he run in 1996.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2009, 09:04:42 PM »

Don't worry, there isn't actually anything.  It's just an easy way for people to dismiss him because there isn't anything real for them to attack him for.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2009, 09:16:16 PM »

Don't worry, there isn't actually anything.  It's just an easy way for people to dismiss him because there isn't anything real for them to attack him for.

Yeah, because RomneyCare is a great thing to have on his resume...
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2009, 09:19:06 PM »

I he still fighting for Romney Care? What was it, again? Mandatory Insurance, Insurance deregulation  and Coops?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2009, 09:22:20 PM »

Let's see... he managed to get the entire legislature to vote for it. He got everyone insured. Leadership? Much, much better than Obama's attempts at healthcare reform.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2009, 09:22:46 PM »

I he still fighting for Romney Care? What was it, again? Mandatory Insurance, Insurance deregulation  and Coops?

It's a fiscal disaster. It's essentially bankrupt now, after only a few years.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2009, 09:23:33 PM »

Let's see... he managed to get the entire legislature to vote for it. He got everyone insured. Leadership? Much, much better than Obama's attempts at healthcare reform.
Well, echo chambers are easy to run.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2009, 09:52:53 PM »

RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2009, 09:56:08 PM »

Stupid for preferring Obama to the Republicans, yes.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2009, 10:37:33 PM »

Yes, the Massachusetts legislature was an echo chamber for Mitt Romney.

Did you just make that up?  Because it couldn't be further from reality.  I suggest reading up on topics you plan to discuss.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2009, 10:40:09 PM »

Yes, the Massachusetts legislature was an echo chamber for Mitt Romney.

Did you just make that up?  Because it couldn't be further from reality.  I suggest reading up on topics you plan to discuss.

People will saying anything they can think of to try and discredit Mitt Romney. I don't get it.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2009, 11:19:08 PM »

Mitt Probably did change his mind on at least as many things as John McCain. However, he does seem to be a smart and reasonable Republican. Would I vote for him instead of Obama? Probably not...but still, if he ever becomes President, I can say that I would stand up and accept and support him as my President.

I mean, I was quite pleased when even the craziest bitch on the planet said that though she supported him, he would probably not give her the right-wing golden grail- the Supreme Court refusing to apply constitutional scrutiny on abortion laws.
biggzcorey
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2009, 11:32:17 PM »

Remember a long time ago when everyone thought that the 2008 election was going to be between Rudy Guliani and Hillary Clinton. A lot can change three years from now, who would have thought four years ago that Barack Obama would be president.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies