SC: McMaster running TV ads (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:23:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  SC: McMaster running TV ads (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SC: McMaster running TV ads  (Read 1420 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 24, 2009, 11:34:22 PM »
« edited: August 24, 2009, 11:36:59 PM by True Federalist »

Ten months to the primary, fifteen to the general election, and I saw a TV ad for McMaster tonight for the Gubernatorial race.  It was an Augusta station, so unless he's running it elsewhere, it might have been a test ad, to see how it does. (Augusta's the smallest and hence cheapest TV market that serves the state.)

Was not impressed by the ad.  His main point was that since Obama became President, South Carolina has lost 39,000 jobs, and McMaster is the man to bring them back.  How an Attorney General is supposed to be such an expert at job creation wasn't explained.  The fact that under Sanford, South Carolina has significantly trailed the nation in job creation is conveniently forgotten.  Why you should pick McMaster over any of the other Republicans not even hinted at despite the fact that he'll have at least one major primary opponent in Barrett, with two if Bauer runs.  (I can understand not attacking Barrett by name at this point.  It's too early to go on the attack, and Barrett might not be his major threat by the time the primary rolls around.)

Maybe the ad will work with those who don't follow politics closely, but the sheer hubris of the ad made me laugh out loud.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies