Flash in the Pan or Magic Man: Rand Paul (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:26:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Flash in the Pan or Magic Man: Rand Paul (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well, what kind of chance does he have?
Flash in the Pan

Magic Man

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Flash in the Pan or Magic Man: Rand Paul  (Read 3139 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: August 30, 2009, 02:09:49 AM »

For my second installment we will discuss Rand Paul, the son of Ron Paul running in the Republican Primary for the US Senate seat in Kentucky.

My honest opinion, barring a major change in the electorate of the average GOP voter, Rand Paul is dead meat. From the interviews I've watched of him he seems like his father's son on the issues, only a lot less crazy. But that is the sad part, alot of the GOP finds Ron Paul to be crazy and just by guilt by association they will much easily vote for the mainstream GOP candidate over Rand. The fact that Rand agrees on a lot of the same issues also makes him dead in the water. He would've been much better off running for a House seat like his father did like 9000 years ago, the Senate is a bit too mainstream for even sane sounding paleocons like Rand Paul to have a shot.

And no I believe that while Rand Paul might run for president, I believe like his father he would have an energetic campaign it would still have the low numbers his father did. No way does he become president.

Sorry if I can't dredge up any optimism over Rand Paul, but it's going to have to take a hell of a change in the next few years for Rand to become a serious political force.

THoughts?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies