Which Possible Republican Canidate Has the best Chance against Obama?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:23:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Which Possible Republican Canidate Has the best Chance against Obama?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Which Possible Republican Canidate has the best chance of winning against Obama?
Tim Pawlenty

Sarah Palin

Mitt Romney

Rick Santorum

Eric Cantor

Haley Barbour

Newt Gingrich

Rudy Giuliani

Mike Huckabee

Bobby Jindal

Other (Please Name)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 50

Author Topic: Which Possible Republican Canidate Has the best Chance against Obama?  (Read 10533 times)
zclark1994
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -1.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 01, 2009, 10:19:03 PM »

Alright, so very simple question.  I know that this may have been done before, But I wan to start a very serious discussion for Republican Members about who stands the best chance of beating Obama and also whose policies you agree with more.

I'll start right off with my Opinion and reasons.

Appealing to Middle (Most likely to win): Mitt Romney, Tim Pawlenty, Rudy Giuliani.

These are 3 candidates who have all been elected in democrat dominated blue states as governors (or in Rudy's case, possible future Governor).  I believe that they would have the best chance of winning simply because of their huge appeal to moderates.  They aren't to far out to the right, and can bring in a lot of independents and Left Wing voters.  The only thing that might be problematic for 2 of them are their A) Religion (Romney), B) Marriages (Giuliani).  Also, I believe that Romney's healthcare bill could be his downfall in a general election.  For this reason, I believe that Pawlenty is the best choice for Republicans in 2012.  Sure he doesn't have the best approval rating in the world right now.  But look at his success, he's been governor of a Blue state for 8 years.  In my opinion he's probably also going to run in 2012 as he has already stated that he will not run for re-election as governor and he has been appearing on Fox News a lot in the past Month or so.

The Might win Crowd: Jindal, Huckabee, Cantor, and Gingrich.

These are all candidates who, if they played their cards right would stand a good chance in a general election campaign.  Jindal could probably do good with the youth, and has had a good track record as governor.  Also, he is a talented speaker, save 1 little speech to the entire party.  The only thing that I think stands in his way is that he will probably not run in 2012 because of the closeness it has with his re-election camp.  Huckabee is to much like Bush, and wouldn't do well in the Suburbs.  Cantor would have trouble with his experience, although we did just elect a Junior senator who had only been in the senate for 4 years to the highest office in the Land.  So anythings possible.  Gingrich would just be a little to Partisan and if he won, it would probably be very close.

No chance in Hell Candidates: Rick Santorum, Haley Barbour, Sarah Palin.

Palin's only had 2 years as governor and has no appeal to moderates, that and she's a complete moron.  I don't care if you cry about media bias, you didn't see John McCain shooting himself like that during interviews.  And if she's having trouble with the media in Alaska, imagine what would happen if she was President.  The other problem I have with her being nominated is that it would be the end of the Republican Party for years to come.  Any majorities that Republicans could pick up in 2010 she would destroy.  She destroyed McCain's campaign when she ran for VP, what do you think she would do during a Presidential Election.  As for Haley Barbour, Fat Bush Clone who doesn't have any chance of winning any moderate state.  And Rick Santorum, Creepy looking couldn't even win re-election as a senator decides to run for President.  NOOOOO.  Santorum would get destroyed by Obama in a general election.

that's just my 2 cents.  What do you guy's think?  Again, I'm not trying to make a clone poll that's been done a hundred times.  I want to start a very serious discussion about the future of the republican party, and the consequences of nominating the wrong person in 2012.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 11:16:12 PM »

I may be considered somewhat biased, however, in all honesty, Governor Romney is one of the very few Republicans at the moment who could really be considered to be Presidential material.

He has the experience, gravitas, leadership skills, intelligence, flair, and overall competence and status to mount an effective campaign and to be a serious candidate.

Mayor Giuliani is certainly an effective and intelligent individual, however, I believe that his personal life would preclude him from winning the Republican nomination.  He would be an excellent cabinet secretary in a Republican administration, or an equally effective Governor of New York.

Governor Pawlenty could well be an up and coming star in the party, but is not likely to be considered seriously as the nominee.  Vice Presidential running mate is more likely.

Congressman Gingrich is supremely intelligent, but his personal life would likely make it impossible for him to win the nomination.  I really do not believe that he would run in the first place.  Gingrich should be called into a Republican cabinet.

Senator Thune is another up and coming star for the GOP, who should be considered for the VP job.

I consider Huckabee a lightweight and somewhat of a right wing nut case who really cannot be considered seriously for the Presidency.

Governor Jindal is very intelligent but will stick with being Governor of Louisiana.  He may play more of a role in the party in the future, but not at the Presidential level.

Congressman Cantor is extremely capable and is destined to play a major leadership role in Congress.  He may run for Governor someday.

Senator Santorum suffered a defeat of such magnitude as to preclude him from any further serious Presidential speculation.  His views are considred too far right by most people for him to have any serious presence on the national stage.

Governor Barbour is a good Governor and may run for President in 2012, however, his campaign would not make it much past the starting line.

Governor Palin is, well, how can I put this politely, an airhead, and the Republican Party would be wise to end whatever misguided fascination it is they may have with her.  She should take advantage of the fact that McCain plucked her out of obscurity and thrust her into the national spolight in 2008, and go on the speaking circuit, where she could make big bucks.  I believe that is what she will do. 

Just an aside, McCain's pick of Palin in 2008 should have made it clear to anyone that he was not qualified to be President, as he failed big time his first major test as a Presidential nominee he was required to make, that being the selection of a qualified and intelligent running mate.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 12:56:58 AM »

The one that can mostly successfully metamorphosis into Ronald Reagan.
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 01:20:01 AM »

I may be considered somewhat biased, however, in all honesty, Governor Romney is one of the very few Republicans at the moment who could really be considered to be Presidential material.

He has the experience, gravitas, leadership skills, intelligence, flair, and overall competence and status to mount an effective campaign and to be a serious candidate.

Mayor Giuliani is certainly an effective and intelligent individual, however, I believe that his personal life would preclude him from winning the Republican nomination.  He would be an excellent cabinet secretary in a Republican administration, or an equally effective Governor of New York.

Governor Pawlenty could well be an up and coming star in the party, but is not likely to be considered seriously as the nominee.  Vice Presidential running mate is more likely.

Congressman Gingrich is supremely intelligent, but his personal life would likely make it impossible for him to win the nomination.  I really do not believe that he would run in the first place.  Gingrich should be called into a Republican cabinet.

Senator Thune is another up and coming star for the GOP, who should be considered for the VP job.

I consider Huckabee a lightweight and somewhat of a right wing nut case who really cannot be considered seriously for the Presidency.

Governor Jindal is very intelligent but will stick with being Governor of Louisiana.  He may play more of a role in the party in the future, but not at the Presidential level.

Congressman Cantor is extremely capable and is destined to play a major leadership role in Congress.  He may run for Governor someday.

Senator Santorum suffered a defeat of such magnitude as to preclude him from any further serious Presidential speculation.  His views are considred too far right by most people for him to have any serious presence on the national stage.

Governor Barbour is a good Governor and may run for President in 2012, however, his campaign would not make it much past the starting line.

Governor Palin is, well, how can I put this politely, an airhead, and the Republican Party would be wise to end whatever misguided fascination it is they may have with her.  She should take advantage of the fact that McCain plucked her out of obscurity and thrust her into the national spolight in 2008, and go on the speaking circuit, where she could make big bucks.  I believe that is what she will do. 

Just an aside, McCain's pick of Palin in 2008 should have made it clear to anyone that he was not qualified to be President, as he failed big time his first major test as a Presidential nominee he was required to make, that being the selection of a qualified and intelligent running mate.
Romney has to really beef up his right-wing creds and become more active in the evangelical community.  Fortunately, he is the opposite of McCain - a republican moving leftward in one of the most liberal states in the union compared to a republican (McCain) who runs as a moderate in a red state that elects hard-line conservatives (Kyl).  A northeasterner on the ticket also may be good for the perception of the party.

Giuliani - not happening, personal life, abortion and gay marriage.  He cannot get past those three issues to make it through a primary.

Pawlenty - would lose in a massive landslide to Obama, hes too boring to be elected and is more of a "me too" man, also probably a closet liberal

Gingrich - according to Ann, is the talker in chief; a great representative, but a crappy potential nominee; his personal life will also get in the way, as well as his embrace of global warming

Thune - maybe, seems a little boring

Huckabee - a real shot at both the nomination and the presidency, he is articulate, funny and has shown a real knack for digging in at Obama policies in a civil way (not that I like civility, I much prefer the fun attacks), could be effective

Jindal - corn-po, and will look like the republicans meager attempt to be "diverse" in the face of Obama, he is too southern for our next nominee, whatever his good qualities; the exorcism stuff will also hurt him

Cantor - not telegenic, and boring - but not a liberal, VP material for sure

Santorum - I agree, not coming back from that defeat

Barbour - see Jindal, minus the color and exorcism stuff

Palin - very likely the nominee and would win the presidency, the only republican that generates enough enthusiasm to bring 20,000 people together, liberals hate her and treat her exactly like Nixon and Reagan, cocktail republicans also hate her, because she is too "common" for them and because she didnt abort baby Trig, these same republicans have also bought into the funded (George Soros, media and Obama administration) mass attacks on her and her family, and her intelligence for that matter - which shows you exactly who they dont want to be the nominee
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 01:28:32 AM »

AZ, believe me a Palin nomination is exactly what us liberals want to see Smiley
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 01:55:08 AM »

AZ, believe me a Palin nomination is exactly what us liberals want to see Smiley
Of course you do - you have bought into the funded attacks.  So you go about your days wistfully hoping that Sarah Palin will be nominated until she defeats you, the anointed one, your party and your filthy policies.

You all are like those retarded hyenas off of The Lion King.  "Mufasa, do it again...Mufasa" You can't stand to hear her name - it just eats you up on the inside doesn't it.

Palin
Palin
Palin

and for good measure
Bachmann
Bachmann
Bachmann

I wonder how many of you cringed - Im glad you did.  And youll have to do that for a long time when she is president.
biggzcorey
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 02:09:05 AM »
« Edited: September 02, 2009, 02:13:52 AM by biggzcorey »

Palin - very likely the nominee and would win the presidency, the only republican that generates enough enthusiasm to bring 20,000 people together, liberals hate her and treat her exactly like Nixon and Reagan, cocktail republicans also hate her, because she is too "common" for them and because she didnt abort baby Trig, these same republicans have also bought into the funded (George Soros, media and Obama administration) mass attacks on her and her family, and her intelligence for that matter - which shows you exactly who they dont want to be the nominee

What the hell makes you think that Palin would ever win the presidency. She is the worst person the GOP can nominate at this point, and she would be crushed in a landslide if she was nominated. I'm in Tarrant County, Texas right now, the third most populous county in the country to vote Republican, and I have run into many conservatives who would not only not vote for her, but also see her as an embarrassment to the Republican Party and to conservatism. In fact, i hope she gets nominated, the Democratic party would have it's best election since 1964. It would also help the democratic senate and house candidates tremendously. You would probably see numerous GOP house and senate candidates not even mention her (like they did with GWB in 08'). I have seen the republican party do some pretty idiotic things in the past decade, but there is no way they could be stupid enough to nominate Palin (at least you better hope). In fact, I don't think any of the mentioned GOP candidates above could beat Obama, but Romney is the only one that could make him sweat a little bit.

In fact, here's a poll:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwide_opinion_polling_for_the_United_States_presidential_election,_2012
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 03:24:05 AM »

You can't stand to hear her name - it just eats you up on the inside doesn't it.

Palin
Palin
Palin

LOL, it makes me laugh inside more than anything when I think back to some of the thinks that she said during the election.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 03:25:23 AM »
« Edited: September 02, 2009, 03:32:30 AM by fezzyfestoon »

Here is what an Obama-Palin matchup would look like based on polling data put on the 2008 map:

She barely stays above 50% in Kansas, Nebraska, Tennessee, and Mississippi and narrowly avoids losing Texas and West Virginia (those two comprising nearly 1/3 of her electoral votes).  The only states she wins comfortably enough are Wyoming, Utah, and Oklahoma.  The rest are mostly within single digits.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 05:35:55 AM »

Of course you do - you have bought into the funded attacks.  So you go about your days wistfully hoping that Sarah Palin will be nominated until she defeats you, the anointed one, your party and your filthy policies.

What is best for this country? That Barack Obama win in a gigantic landslide? The last three Presidents who won re-election by landslides had bad second terms. Reagan may not be particularly relevant because of Alzheimer's. Nixon had Watergate blow up on him, and LBJ let the Vietnam War spiral into a disaster. Eisenhower didn't let that happen, but that says much about Eisenhower.

Sarah Palin has demonstrated her extreme incompetence and her demagogic streak, both dangerous in what can be a very dangerous time. Her "Real America" stuff polarized America into places sympathetic to her (her "Real America") and alienated people in  places that she swiped at for being not-so-real Someone can take a county map of votes and see that most counties went for McCain... but look at populations, and places with the largest population densities went for Obama. McCain/Palin lost Suburbia badly -- probably because they had obsolete views of what suburbia is like. (It's genuinely urban, folks -- maybe without the extreme poverty of some urban slums, but it has big needs and a need for big, expensive government to solve lots of problems. Economic uncertainty and severe inequality of income have become menaces to suburban standards of comfort).

If you are a conservative, then the best thing that can happen is that Obama run scared in 2012 -- whether he wins or loses. You might have little control over things that cause him to win or lose (the economy, foreign affairs) -- but the best thing that can happen is that he has to do some genuine campaigning in places like Iowa, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Colorado, Virginia, Ohio, and Florida so that he can clarify his positions and tell us what he can promise in a second term.   You don't want him picking off Texas or Tennessee.

You want the GOP to become a viable Party again, one that offers a valid alternative once the Democrats get stale. You don't want your Party to become one of limited support by region. You want it to develop a new coalition capable of winning. That means that your faction might want need to make some compromises. It's a tough choice, but you might have to sacrifice some contentment with Party ideology to get broader support in 2014 through 2020 when the Democrats achieve all that they can and start running out of ideas.     

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sarah Palin has demonstrated her incompetence as a leader. She has bailed out of a Governorship. Michelle Bachmann has demonstrated that she is a potential Joseph R. McCarthy. I'm not going to pretend that Communism was no political threat in the 1950s and that the US had to defeat the Commie efforts to subvert its own political life as well as that of its allies... but remember a big difference between McCarthy and Nixon: Nixon actually unmasked Alger Hiss, and McCarthy had nothing more than a list of "security risks" (homosexuals, alcoholics, gamblers on credit, and people with relatives behind the Iron Curtain). The last thing that we need in this country is political witch-hunts that ruin lives unjustly and push people into radical causes.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Spoken like a supporter of George Wallace in the summer of 1968. I don't get the "Lion King" reference: if anything, the hyenas are made to look like fascists, and Scar is made to seem like a Quisling. 
doktorb
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 05:48:59 AM »

Even Palin's resignation speech failed to have a single cohesive thread - she wandered around sentences and clauses, nipped into and out of situations and claims, danced through statements and opinons. She sounds like a teenage diarist writing out everything that comes into her head during exam prep....and then fails to tidy it up when the exam comes.

The consequences of someone so....how can I say....without....such clear professionalism in her manner would be disastorous for both the US and the wider world.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 08:46:18 AM »

You can forget most of the others except as those who will show themselves picking up a few votes early and then 'suspending' campaigns that never get revived. It will be Huckabee versus Romney. I'm not going to predict the results of the struggle for the nomination... but I can predict how  the two will do in the Presidential election.

Huckabee clearly has the higher floor for electoral votes. He can absolutely assure the Inner Arc of Clinton-but-not-Obama states (LA, AR, TN, KY, WV) that Romney might be weaker in. Political culture matters greatly, and those states may block an Obama landslide that surpasses the level of Eisenhower in 1956.   He will surely win MS, AL, and OK -- and probably has a better chance to win Texas. Some other states that seem to never vote Democratic will vote for both.

He also has a lower ceiling. He will do even worse than McCain did in the northeastern quadrant of the US because he is so clearly a regional candidate (as McCain wasn't). Obama has to be an absolute disaster to lose anything in the 1992-2008 Blue Firewall, and Huckabee has no particular draw for Indiana, Ohio, or Virginia. The Republicans must absolutely win all three to win the Presidency in 2008. Romney has a better chance of winning those. Although Huckabee will do well in southern Missouri, he won't do any better in Greater St. Louis or or Greater Kansas City. Does Huckabee have a viable chance in Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico,  or even Arizona?

That's before I even start to talk about Iowa, New Hampshire, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, or Minnesota...

Romney, who is at least culturally a Yankee, could still lose big in the South should Obama restyle himself as a Clinton-like populist. But at the least he will cut into some of the double-digit margins by which Obama won in the northeastern quadrant of the US and the West Coast.  Such is absolutely necessary for a GOP win of the Presidency in 2012; if he can force Obama to campaign defensively in places like Iowa, Minnesota, New Jersey, New Hampshire, and Connecticut, then Romney can pick off some states that Obama won -- like Virginia, North Carolina,  Indiana, Ohio, Florida, and Colorado while keeping such states as Missouri, Montana, and Arizona from slipping away.

Thune? I think that he will be a tempting choice as a VP candidate. He can solidify some electoral votes that the GOP absolutely must win (the Dakotas and NE-01) maybe pick off NE-02 (which isn't that far from South Dakota), perhaps solidify a GOP hold of Montana, and put Minnesota and Iowa at risk for Obama.. if things go well. Such is geography. Is he a good idea? We don't know him well. He barely won election to the Senate in a strongly R-leaning state.

It's all moot, of course, if Obama...

1. has a healthy economy

2. has no scandals

3. has no foreign-policy disasters

4. has any noteworthy successes in legislation...

in which case the GOP nominee is most likely someone who appears in history books as the "other guy" in the 2012 election.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2009, 09:01:56 AM »

Here is what an Obama-Palin matchup would look like based on polling data put on the 2008 map:

She barely stays above 50% in Kansas, Nebraska, Tennessee, and Mississippi and narrowly avoids losing Texas and West Virginia (those two comprising nearly 1/3 of her electoral votes).  The only states she wins comfortably enough are Wyoming, Utah, and Oklahoma.  The rest are mostly within single digits.

Yeah.  And that would be before she actually debated or said something dumb on the campaign trail.

There are two answers to the question asked by the OP.

1.  Willard Mitt Romney
2.  Other (But I can't name him or her. He or she has yet to be revealed.)
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2009, 10:53:31 AM »

Mike Huckabee.
Farage
Elvis Republican
Cape Verde

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2009, 10:56:34 AM »

Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2009, 11:20:07 AM »

You all are like those retarded hyenas off of The Lion King.

No, I think that more closely resembles you, idiot.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2009, 11:25:37 AM »

Crist should have been on the main list and maybe Huntsman too.

I've voted Mitt Romney.
All the others have at least one failure:

Giuliani is the past: he had a chance, he screwed it up. Game over.
Santorum is too conservative and has been fiercely beaten.
Jindal must beef himself up a bit... and is too conservative. And won't be candidate.
Palin is a joke.
Huckabee is too conservative and isn't able to reshape himself: he'll be tired and he'll tire many people in 2012.
Barbour is too old and won't be candidate.
Cantor is too young and too proud of himself. He must smoothen a bit.
Thune is a bit dull and comes from a very small and far away state.
Gingrich is out-of-date and isn't able to sit in the executive branch.
Pawlenty remains not very well-known, but he's the only one to be able to be competitive apart Romney.

Romney may be a flip-flopper but a serious one: a smart guy with a solid family, much money but no dirty money. Lots of experience. Quite in a central position inside the GOP.
Able to lead a campaign. Able not to bend under fierce and personal attacks.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 11:35:22 AM »

I wish Rudy would run again, but he's more likely to run for NY Governor than he is for President. He pretty much ruined his chances with his performance in 2008.
DariusNJ

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 12:54:28 PM »

Romney has to really beef up his right-wing creds and become more active in the evangelical community.  Fortunately, he is the opposite of McCain - a republican moving leftward in one of the most liberal states in the union compared to a republican (McCain) who runs as a moderate in a red state that elects hard-line conservatives (Kyl).  A northeasterner on the ticket also may be good for the perception of the party.

Giuliani - not happening, personal life, abortion and gay marriage.  He cannot get past those three issues to make it through a primary.

Pawlenty - would lose in a massive landslide to Obama, hes too boring to be elected and is more of a "me too" man, also probably a closet liberal

Gingrich - according to Ann, is the talker in chief; a great representative, but a crappy potential nominee; his personal life will also get in the way, as well as his embrace of global warming

Thune - maybe, seems a little boring

Huckabee - a real shot at both the nomination and the presidency, he is articulate, funny and has shown a real knack for digging in at Obama policies in a civil way (not that I like civility, I much prefer the fun attacks), could be effective

Jindal - corn-po, and will look like the republicans meager attempt to be "diverse" in the face of Obama, he is too southern for our next nominee, whatever his good qualities; the exorcism stuff will also hurt him

Cantor - not telegenic, and boring - but not a liberal, VP material for sure

Santorum - I agree, not coming back from that defeat

Barbour - see Jindal, minus the color and exorcism stuff

Very entertaining post. Made me laugh.

Huckabee attacking Obama policies in a civil way? Did you forget his tasteless comment about Ted Kennedy and Obama's health care plan? Sarah Palin very likely to win the presidency? That's about as likely as prbrower2a voting Republican in 2012.

JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2009, 03:34:06 PM »

I wish Rudy would run again, but he's more likely to run for NY Governor than he is for President. He pretty much ruined his chances with his performance in 2008.

Duke, don't you think the whole cross-dressing thing was a problem for him?  I mean, even if he was just joking around or doing something for charity (which I think was the case)...

Personally, as distasteful as I find Rudy's 9-11 drumbeat, I think I would be quite inclined to support him if he ran for Governor of New York.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2009, 04:14:14 PM »

Pawlenty remains not very well-known, but he's the only one to be able to be competitive apart Romney.

Obviously, if he actually won the GOP presidential nomination, he would be plenty well known by November 2012.  Remember, this supposes that the person in question wins the nomination, and then asks about his or her chances in the general election against Obama.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2009, 04:24:51 PM »

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2009, 04:28:27 PM »

Thinking outside the box...

John Thune. He is likeable, conservative, and has no huge skeletons like being a Mormon or a pastor. A Thune/Romney ticket would be pretty good against Obama.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2009, 04:32:06 PM »

This pleasantly surprises me.
zclark1994
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -1.04

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2009, 08:19:07 PM »

Thinking outside the box...

John Thune. He is likeable, conservative, and has no huge skeletons like being a Mormon or a pastor. A Thune/Romney ticket would be pretty good against Obama.

I'm just not sure that he'll run.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies