Which Possible Republican Canidate Has the best Chance against Obama? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:12:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Which Possible Republican Canidate Has the best Chance against Obama? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which Possible Republican Canidate has the best chance of winning against Obama?
Tim Pawlenty

Sarah Palin

Mitt Romney

Rick Santorum

Eric Cantor

Haley Barbour

Newt Gingrich

Rudy Giuliani

Mike Huckabee

Bobby Jindal

Other (Please Name)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 50

Author Topic: Which Possible Republican Canidate Has the best Chance against Obama?  (Read 10573 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 02, 2009, 04:14:14 PM »

Pawlenty remains not very well-known, but he's the only one to be able to be competitive apart Romney.

Obviously, if he actually won the GOP presidential nomination, he would be plenty well known by November 2012.  Remember, this supposes that the person in question wins the nomination, and then asks about his or her chances in the general election against Obama.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 08:25:20 PM »

Thinking outside the box...

John Thune. He is likeable, conservative, and has no huge skeletons like being a Mormon or a pastor. A Thune/Romney ticket would be pretty good against Obama.

I'm just not sure that he'll run.

More likely than Cantor or Giuliani.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 03:57:06 AM »

Pawlenty remains not very well-known, but he's the only one to be able to be competitive apart Romney.

Obviously, if he actually won the GOP presidential nomination, he would be plenty well known by November 2012.  Remember, this supposes that the person in question wins the nomination, and then asks about his or her chances in the general election against Obama.

So, take into account only the second half of my sentence.

That was just to say, he would be competitive IF he's the candidate (because he has this "humble" origin image, he 's fine-looking, he has an executive experience, he isn't from the Deep South, he's not a GOP apparatchik). But he won't be.

Well, OK.  As I argued here:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=98957.0

I actually think Pawlenty is the next most likely person to win the nomination after Romney.  Yes, he's unknown *now*, but there's plenty of time for him to change that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies