Which Possible Republican Canidate Has the best Chance against Obama? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:49:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Which Possible Republican Canidate Has the best Chance against Obama? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which Possible Republican Canidate has the best chance of winning against Obama?
Tim Pawlenty

Sarah Palin

Mitt Romney

Rick Santorum

Eric Cantor

Haley Barbour

Newt Gingrich

Rudy Giuliani

Mike Huckabee

Bobby Jindal

Other (Please Name)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 50

Author Topic: Which Possible Republican Canidate Has the best Chance against Obama?  (Read 10575 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« on: September 02, 2009, 09:01:56 AM »

Here is what an Obama-Palin matchup would look like based on polling data put on the 2008 map:

She barely stays above 50% in Kansas, Nebraska, Tennessee, and Mississippi and narrowly avoids losing Texas and West Virginia (those two comprising nearly 1/3 of her electoral votes).  The only states she wins comfortably enough are Wyoming, Utah, and Oklahoma.  The rest are mostly within single digits.

Yeah.  And that would be before she actually debated or said something dumb on the campaign trail.

There are two answers to the question asked by the OP.

1.  Willard Mitt Romney
2.  Other (But I can't name him or her. He or she has yet to be revealed.)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 03:34:06 PM »

I wish Rudy would run again, but he's more likely to run for NY Governor than he is for President. He pretty much ruined his chances with his performance in 2008.

Duke, don't you think the whole cross-dressing thing was a problem for him?  I mean, even if he was just joking around or doing something for charity (which I think was the case)...

Personally, as distasteful as I find Rudy's 9-11 drumbeat, I think I would be quite inclined to support him if he ran for Governor of New York.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies