Which Possible Republican Canidate Has the best Chance against Obama? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:51:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Which Possible Republican Canidate Has the best Chance against Obama? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which Possible Republican Canidate has the best chance of winning against Obama?
Tim Pawlenty

Sarah Palin

Mitt Romney

Rick Santorum

Eric Cantor

Haley Barbour

Newt Gingrich

Rudy Giuliani

Mike Huckabee

Bobby Jindal

Other (Please Name)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 50

Author Topic: Which Possible Republican Canidate Has the best Chance against Obama?  (Read 10587 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« on: September 02, 2009, 01:28:32 AM »

AZ, believe me a Palin nomination is exactly what us liberals want to see Smiley
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 05:46:13 PM »

Romney if he can come out strongly on health care and I think his new book will help. If he keeps ups this fumbeling with everyone else attacking him then no, health care will be big then probably too.

Maybe Huckabee, I know you all rule him as a radical but he does well were other GOP candidates do not.

Tim Pawlenty we have not seen him at full force yet, I don't know yet about him.

Huckabee's problem is he does not and would not do well in the areas the GOP would need to win in order to defeat Obama.  He was strong in the Primary in Iowa, but the GOP base in Iowa is Much more conservative than the General election base in Iowa.  He is a terrible candidate in Colorado for a General election, same with Virginia, brutal candidate in New Hampshire.  Huckabee does best with southern white voters, and turns virtually everyone else off.  He is pretty much as regional candidate as it gets.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies