Special state legislative elections thread (see OP for results/upcoming races) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:03:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Special state legislative elections thread (see OP for results/upcoming races) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Special state legislative elections thread (see OP for results/upcoming races)  (Read 154271 times)
rob in cal
« on: December 30, 2010, 11:05:42 PM »

Next Tuesday I get to vote in our State Senate special election (Sacramento California area state senate seat, safe GOP I believe).  It will be the only thing on the ballot, so I'll be watching how quickly the voting goes at my precinct when I come in to vote.  Kind of like elections in most parts of the world where the legislative election is usually the only thing on the ballot.  There's two candidates on the ballot and thats it, should take upwards of 7 seconds to vote.
rob in cal
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 02:25:27 PM »

Looks like the death last year of our state senator will actually lead to 4 extra elections.

Election 1, held to coincide with the 2010 general election, was the first round/primary, with the top two going on the runoff.

Election 2, the runoff held last month, won by our sitting state assemblyman.

Election 3, we now have a vacancy due to said assemblyman's victory for the state senate seat, with the first round/ jungle primary to be held I believe in late March or April.

Election 4, with the likely result of no majority won in the first round, we will probably have a runoff for the assembly seat held I'd guess in June.

The turnout will be pathetic, but its an interesting experience looking at a ballot with just one race on it, similar to a parliamentary style election.
rob in cal
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 08:17:20 PM »

Today is California Assembly District 4.  I just voted, number 33 in my precinct at 5 in the afternoon.  A very low turnout.  Turns out my neighbor, (about six houses away) is a front runner to make the runoff.  It may be a runoff between him, John Allard, and the former assemblyman's wife, Beth Gaines, an all GOP battle.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies