"Converting an indian to christianity - don't let the devil win"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:11:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  "Converting an indian to christianity - don't let the devil win"
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Converting an indian to christianity - don't let the devil win"  (Read 5398 times)
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 02, 2009, 10:47:20 AM »

Behold, the latest YouTube overnight sensation.

Dag-gummed godless YouTube media.

See also: this thread.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 12:31:11 PM »

I hope this is a joke. Funny either ways.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 01:21:45 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2009, 01:27:33 PM by Re-elect Obama »

Is this a joke? Please tell me it's a joke. Squinting
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 01:24:54 PM »

That's for you to interpret - is this an application of Poe's Law, or...?

The best Fundamentalists are the equivalent of the best transsexuals: you can never tell.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 01:27:35 PM »

I'm glad the person lecturing us on theology isn't well-versed enough to recognize that the Indian girl's name is not an Indian name, but rather an Indian deity of enlightenment and education.

Or just check their other videos, obviously satire.  Not bad for their age
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 03:34:08 PM »

It's insane how hard it is for some people to get themselves out of the little box they've put their minds in.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 05:45:00 PM »

This chick is either a retard or she's totally faking it like alot of women fake orgasms.
Seriously, who thinks India is in Africa?!
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 06:28:31 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2009, 06:31:34 PM by Verily »

I'm glad the person lecturing us on theology isn't well-versed enough to recognize that the Indian girl's name is not an Indian name, but rather an Indian deity of enlightenment and education.

I once knew a guy named Shiva. Not uncommon to name your kids after gods, apparently. (A quick Google search reveals at least a Saraa Saravanan to confirm that the name is used.) Of course, this is definitely a parody anyway.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 07:09:06 PM »

I once knew a guy named Shiva. Not uncommon to name your kids after gods, apparently. (A quick Google search reveals at least a Saraa Saravanan to confirm that the name is used.) Of course, this is definitely a parody anyway.

It's quite common practice.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 09:02:01 PM »

I once played a video game with a guy named Shiva in it (not a reliable source, of course). Grin
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 09:31:31 PM »

Wow, seriously?  Indian culture knowledge fail on my part Sad  I knew they named kids after gods pretty frequently, but I did not know this one was a name.

It's still definitely parody, though, the other videos make that even more resoundingly clear.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 10:12:20 PM »

"Today I had two friends over, one regular one and one Indian one."

One "regular" one? Yeah, it's a joke.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2009, 10:35:35 PM »

Wow, seriously?  Indian culture knowledge fail on my part Sad  I knew they named kids after gods pretty frequently, but I did not know this one was a name.

It's still definitely parody, though, the other videos make that even more resoundingly clear.

For what its worth I have never heard that name either. But its not as if I know every single Indian name.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009, 08:44:28 PM »

The YouTube thing is definitely a parody by some very clever teenagers.  Sarasvati is not only the name of the goddess of learning in Hinduism, but also the name of one of India's seven holy rivers (for Hindus), and naming a daughter after one of these is very, very common in India.

By the way, the very first Sanskrit I ever learned was a prayer to the goddess Sarasvati for success in learning:

sarasvati namastubhyam
varade kamarupini /
vidyarambham karisyami
siddhirbhavatu me sada //

Hail to you, Sarasvati,
who takes whatever form she desires.
I make my enterance into learning;
may success be mine.

12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2009, 05:05:20 PM »

... "one regular one and one Indian one"?
titaniumtux
Rookie
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: 9.10, S: -5.13

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2009, 03:25:30 PM »

No shortage of response videos...hehe if all Christians were like that I'd consider converting to Hinduism too (or any other religion for that matter).
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 03:07:39 AM »

It's amazing that so many people failed to see that this was a parody. I mean, sure it was good, but not so good as to not be seen through. (I mean, the girl us unable to contain her own amusement a couple of times)

Einzige-fail - as reliable as ever.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 03:47:44 AM »

It's amazing that so many people failed to see that this was a parody. I mean, sure it was good, but not so good as to not be seen through. (I mean, the girl us unable to contain her own amusement a couple of times)

That's exactly my point: people won't see through this, because there is no discernible difference between these girls and the real actions of Fundamentalists - the simulacrum has become the simulation.

Thanks for sharing, twat.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009, 04:41:56 AM »

That's exactly my point: people won't see through this, because there is no discernible difference between these girls and the real actions of Fundamentalists - the simulacrum has become the simulation.

Thanks for sharing, twat.

Sure  it was, sure it was.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2009, 04:53:14 AM »

But you have to admit, Gustaf, that most christians, at least the serious american ones, are worse than this parody.

Really, the only thing that gave it away as a parody was that there was an ostensible friendship depicted between this sort and a Subcontinental person.  I doubt, in reality, that any Hindu doctor's daughter, however socially ostracized, would put up with someone so stupid they didn't know the difference between Asia and Africa!  (probably a majority of americans do not know the difference between Asia and Africa, but the point is they don't know any Hindus personally).
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2009, 01:55:18 PM »

But you have to admit, Gustaf, that most christians, at least the serious american ones, are worse than this parody.

Really, the only thing that gave it away as a parody was that there was an ostensible friendship depicted between this sort and a Subcontinental person.  I doubt, in reality, that any Hindu doctor's daughter, however socially ostracized, would put up with someone so stupid they didn't know the difference between Asia and Africa!  (probably a majority of americans do not know the difference between Asia and Africa, but the point is they don't know any Hindus personally).

no
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 02:08:46 AM »

no

Ah, you've never been to america, have you?  Or at least not outside of the few civilized parts.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2009, 08:47:39 AM »

Sure  it was, sure it was.

Oh Gustaf, you are so right.  It's interesting that after all the extreme portrayals made of fundamentalists on this forum, that when I, a "fundamentalist," offer up examples of life application teachings from my "fundamentalist" pastor, no one has dared to level an accusation against my pastor.

It’s as if every one of these mockers of “fundamentalists” react to my pastor’s teachings with the following response from Job:

Job 40:4 "How can I reply to you? I put my hand over my mouth."

Because they then recognize that true “fundamentalism” is where the word of God is found and is full of reason and loving help.

So, I’ll throw out another example again…at the bottom of the page, the latest "fundatmentalist" sermon from my pastor is viewable:

http://graceistheplace.com/
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies