Five People Most Likely to be the 45th President (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:18:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Five People Most Likely to be the 45th President (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Five People Most Likely to be the 45th President  (Read 23972 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 07, 2009, 06:12:13 PM »

Joe Biden
Mitt Romney
Tim Pawlenty
Hillary Clinton

Not sure about #5.....Charlie Crist or Mark Warner maybe?  I guess I'll go with Crist.  Jindal is also a possibility in 2016.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 12:22:26 AM »

Is Gillibrand really that impressive, or are people just mentioning her because she's a female Dem. from New York state?  I have to admit, of the little I've seen of her, I haven't been terribly wowed.  Amy Klobuchar seems more articulate, from what I've seen of her.  I agree that there's a good chance that the Dems would want to go with a woman in 2016, but if Clinton doesn't run, would Gillibrand really be the best they could come up with?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 02:17:55 AM »

Also, most Hillary supporters will still support and remember her in 8 years if she decides to run, thus my reasoning for saying Cuomo and Warner will now run to oppose her. Besides, many people still have fond memories of her husband's Presidency and she is more charismatic than both Cuomo and Warner.

So what, you expect HRC to run unopposed in the 2016 primaries or something?  Why would the field empty out for her any more than it did in 2008?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 02:21:00 AM »

Does anyone think that Mike Huckabee will not be running in 2012. I have this feeling he won't run for some reason.

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 12:05:48 AM »

*bump*

Maybe something like (in order from most likely to fifth most likely):

1) Romney
2) H. Clinton
3) Christie
4) Rubio
5) Biden
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 07:13:44 PM »

Who were the perceived 5 most likely nexts as guessed from Mays of past re-election years? 

I'll go with this:

1.Perot
2.Clinton
3.Cuomo
4.Quayle
5.Dole

Ha ha, good point on Perot's polling lead as of May 1992.  I was just a geeky kid back then, who was aware of Perot's polling lead (I remember the newspaper headline, announcing that he'd taken the lead in the national polls), but wouldn't have been politically astute enough to know if this was expected to be a transient phenomenon or not.  I don't remember to what extent political experts were suggesting that it was just a fluke, and Perot's numbers would inevitably deflate, and to what extent they thought he might actually win.  I do remember that there was a lot of talk about the possibility of a deadlocked electoral college.  Anyway, I think this ranking as actually pretty good.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I highly doubt Quayle would be as high as #4.  His public image was such that he was regarded as being way too dumb to ever win a national election.  And the fact that he passed on running in 1996 suggested that he knew that.  I don't think there was much expectation that he'd run in 2000.  I would put Alexander at #4, though I don't know who to put at #5.  Maybe Colin Powell.  There was buzz about him running in 1996, though he opted out in the end (supposedly because of family considerations).  Even if he was a longshot to ever run, he was so popular, that he would have had a good chance of winning if he did run.

Alternatively, I would think that it might be one of the many then-popular Rust Belt Republican governors (Edgar, Engler, Thompson, Ridge, Voinovich), though I guess none of them stood out enough from the field, so maybe you have to go back to Powell.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I agree with #1 and probably #2, but I did not really think that Giuliani was that likely to ever run for prez back in 2004 (or that he'd get very far if he did), because of his positions on social issues.  I would have put McCain as #3, and maybe Bill Frist as either 4 or 5, with Edwards in the remaining slot.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 07:35:15 PM »

Why do people think Hillary will run again?

It's too early to believe anyone's denials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNq-dpGqszQ
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2016, 11:02:32 PM »

*bump*

No one guessed Trump.  Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies