PPT Election Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:14:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PPT Election Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: PPT Election Thread  (Read 6056 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 07, 2009, 11:50:23 AM »
« edited: September 07, 2009, 12:02:51 PM by Bacon King »

This is an election for the President Pro Tempore of the 33rd Senate of Atlasia. Senators, please vote for either Marokai Blue or MasterJedi. You may also abstain.

This vote begins immediately and will last five days (to September 12) or until either candidate has a simple majority. Note, Senators, that you may change your vote at any time before a candidate has enough votes to be elected. Once a candidate has a majority, however, they are considered elected immediately without any 24 period.

But yeah, vote!
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 12:08:12 PM »

Marokai Blue
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 12:34:58 PM »

MasterJedi

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 02:13:02 PM »

MasterJedi
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 04:05:52 PM »

Marokai Blue
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 04:16:02 PM »

MasterJedi
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 06:30:38 PM »

MasterJedi
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 09:09:58 PM »

Marokai Blue
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 03:53:22 AM »

I am having a great difficulty in making a decision. I like Jedi personally and get on very well with him, but as one poster has reminded me this is in a way, a game of party politics; a game of who controls the legislative agenda. As I am currently nursing a foot that has been impailed on a nail outside a Subway station I'll leave my decision for now Tongue
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 08:07:57 AM »

I am having a great difficulty in making a decision. I like Jedi personally and get on very well with him, but as one poster has reminded me this is in a way, a game of party politics; a game of who controls the legislative agenda. As I am currently nursing a foot that has been impailed on a nail outside a Subway station I'll leave my decision for now Tongue

Well I can say that the position of PPT is not a political one. And because of that I have never used it for political gain or power. I've never used it to throw out bills or hold up bills that I didn't like because that's not what the PPT is supposed to do. With me you know I'll be active and not try and mess with anything. Smiley
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 08:33:39 AM »

Well I can say that the position of PPT is not a political one. And because of that I have never used it for political gain or power. I've never used it to throw out bills or hold up bills that I didn't like because that's not what the PPT is supposed to do. With me you know I'll be active and not try and mess with anything. Smiley

But! Isn't it nice to have a change of administration once in awhile? Wink

I've been an incredibly active and.. colourful (see? I speak British!) Senator and I could do a great job Tongue

Plus, I'm gay, I mean, come on. MJ is cool but he's not that cool.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 12:53:39 PM »

I've been an incredibly active and.. colourful (see? I speak British!) Senator and I could do a great job Tongue

Do I smell discrimination? If this is the criteria on which Afleitch votes, I swear to god I will devote my reelection campaign to opposing the radical Gay Adjenda. Tongue This Senate really needs a Jim DeMint type character anyway to spice it up a bit. 
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2009, 01:06:47 PM »

As a former PPT and Senator I support MJ in such a non-political position. Wink
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2009, 01:42:47 PM »

Do I smell discrimination? If this is the criteria on which Afleitch votes, I swear to god I will devote my reelection campaign to opposing the radical Gay Adjenda. Tongue This Senate really needs a Jim DeMint type character anyway to spice it up a bit. 

Good lord no! He was only kidding Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2009, 03:39:30 PM »

So was I, and the big laugh is you didn't catch that fact. Tongue
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009, 03:45:17 PM »

So was I, and the big laugh is you didn't catch that fact. Tongue

Actually, I did Smiley
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 07:33:40 PM »

Senators Voting for MasterJedi: Tmthforu94, North Carolina Yankee, RowanBrandon, MasterJedi
Senators Voting for Marokai Blue: Fritz, Marokai Blue, MaxQue
Senators Yet to Vote: Franzl, afleitch, Hashemite

Senators still have about three and a half days to vote, and can change votes any time before a majority is reached.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 08:05:58 PM »

DA is torn apparently. Perhaps an abstention for all three. Wink
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2009, 08:16:13 AM »

This has been a very tough decision, and I assure both candidates that I've been going back and forth in my thoughts. First and foremost, I want to say that I believe both candidates are excellent choices, and I am confident that either one would work competently and fairly, in a non-partisan fashion.

MasterJedi has been a really excellent PPT, rarely, if ever, making a mistake on Senate procedure. You can't do much better than his work.

On the other hand, the reason I've waited so long to cast my vote is that I wasn't sure whether rewarding MasterJedi's good work would be more sensible than allowing a new face the honor of serving in that role. In general, it isn't a bad idea to switch every once in a while.

It is, however, also important to consider that MasterJedi most likely will not be in the Senate after this session. Because of that, I think it only fair to allow him to continue for the next two months, as we'll be forced to look for a new PPT anyway 2 months from now.

My vote is MasterJedi.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 09:01:14 AM »

Do I not count as a "real" DA member? Wink
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2009, 09:35:11 AM »

I think all of you are aware that most of the DA have been having a back and forth discussion about this and I know for a fact the there has been alot of back and forth. The issue is not about whether or not MasterJedi is a good PPT; he clearly is. Franzl's argument over Jedi's tenure (in that he may not be PPT come October anyway) is something I hadn't considered and I have to say I reach the opposite conclusion from Franzl.

Being PPT is a full time job; it doesn't free up much time to personally introduce legislation; merely to keep the Senate chugging along. Given Jedi's eventual need to focus on October and whatever he involves himself with, if re-elected PPT he will have no record to take to the voters. It's not his 'fault'; he has been performing a duty to the Senate but it may prove a hinderence to his prospects. Therefore I believe and I am sincere in saying, that it will be to Jedi's benefit if he has two months of simply being 'Mr Senator' Smiley

Therefore I vote Marokai Blue for PPT
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 09:37:17 AM »

The suspense...
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2009, 09:48:49 AM »

Suspense?  No one is surprised that Afletich voted for a liberal over a conservative.  And now Hash decides it all...
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2009, 10:09:18 AM »

Suspense?  No one is surprised that Afletich voted for a liberal over a conservative.  And now Hash decides it all...

Is that what you think this was about? It might be all about 'JCP v RPP' to you (as just about every issue seems to be to you these days), but I explained my decision pretty well.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2009, 01:47:45 PM »

Do I not count as a "real" DA member? Wink

For some reason I have trouble remembering we have four seats. Although, your party membership won't really be changing your votes I imagine. Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies