PPT Election Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:18:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PPT Election Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: PPT Election Thread  (Read 6147 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2009, 03:24:13 PM »

Senators Voting for MasterJedi: Tmthforu94, North Carolina Yankee, RowanBrandon, MasterJedi, Franzl
Senators Voting for Marokai Blue: Fritz, Marokai Blue, MaxQue, afleitch
Senators Yet to Vote: Hashemite

Voting lasts for about 70 more hours, and Senators can change votes any time before a majority is reached.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2009, 07:09:56 AM »

Suspense?  No one is surprised that Afletich voted for a liberal over a conservative.  And now Hash decides it all...

Is that what you think this was about? It might be all about 'JCP v RPP' to you (as just about every issue seems to be to you these days), but I explained my decision pretty well.
Yea but BS answers don't mask your true intentions
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2009, 07:13:09 AM »

Suspense?  No one is surprised that Afletich voted for a liberal over a conservative.  And now Hash decides it all...

Is that what you think this was about? It might be all about 'JCP v RPP' to you (as just about every issue seems to be to you these days), but I explained my decision pretty well.

Would you please cut the crap?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2009, 07:28:11 AM »

Oh not this bollocks again.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2009, 11:36:13 AM »

Yea sorry ignoring a problem does not make it go away.  You have proven once again where your allegiances lie and it is clear they lie with the left
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2009, 11:45:16 AM »

Yea sorry ignoring a problem does not make it go away.  You have proven once again where your allegiances lie and it is clear they lie with the left

Why is this a 'problem', exactly?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2009, 11:53:07 AM »

You realize that Afleitch voted for MasterJedi 4 months ago? You have claimed countless times that PPT is a non-partisan office. You can't have it both ways, DWTL. If it's non-partisan when you want support, you have to be able to accept the same assumption when people vote against the candidate of your choice.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2009, 12:08:29 PM »

Why is this a 'problem', exactly?
For you?  Its not, for someone like Afleitch who tries to appease those in my party by saying he is a conservative, its very hypocritical
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2009, 01:57:36 PM »

Well, DWTL if it is about 'politics' then I've just voted to 'free' a centre-right Senator from the constraints of a PPT's impartiality Tongue (and by extension severely limited Marokai's legislative influence) If Jedi is not re-elected he can now propose his own legislation in time for an election or re-election campaign.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2009, 04:09:28 PM »

Yay, swing vote me.

The choice I'm called to make is not an easy choice to make, as it is a choice between two very competent, friendly, hard-working and very intelligent Senators who are both able to bring lots to the Senate in way of legislation, debate (and order). MasterJedi has proved to be an excellent PPT, managing to keep this post devoid of any partisan shenanigans and has consistently followed Senate rules and regulations. He's been timely and efficient in opening, closing, halting votes and the like. Marokai Blue has been a capable legislator, bringing debate and thought-provoking legislation to the floor. He has also proven to be quite outspoken and I've become relatively friendly with him in recent months/weeks whatever. As Afleitch stated, being PPT is quite a full-time job and you have less opportunity to introduce legislation, so in a way it would be regretful to lose an able legislator such as Marokai, but you could gain one in MJ. However, I'm not a partisan of the idea that a 'change' or alternance is necessary at all times, especially when the incumbent is doing a fine job.

I'm torn both sides about this vote and I will think about my final vote for a few more hours or so.

(I expect the PMs to start flooding in)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2009, 04:52:14 PM »

Take your time; you do have two more days to decide Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2009, 05:58:56 PM »

I'd like to offer my endorsement of MasterJedi as well as my condoleances to him for having support from DWTL.

An also a warning to DWTL that he better watch it with the personal attacks.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2009, 09:35:01 AM »

Well I won't. I've said why I should be re-elected and I believe that my record agrees with that. I've said my piece and now I just have to hope that you'll give me another term...or a tie. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2009, 07:42:50 PM »

Well I won't. I've said why I should be re-elected and I believe that my record agrees with that. I've said my piece and now I just have to hope that you'll give me another term...or a tie. Tongue

Ditto, I believe Hash knows us very well and I think he would appreciate it if I didn't beg. Wink
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2009, 08:06:58 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2009, 08:09:11 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

I would ask the honerable Senator Hashemite with all due respect, to not take "too" long, cause I fear pro-longing this is having an impact on the financial markets at least so says the the Game Moderator. Smiley
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2009, 08:23:52 PM »

I would ask the honerable Senator Hashemite with all due respect, to not take "too" long, cause I fear pro-longing this is having an impact on the financial markets at least so says the the Game Moderator. Smiley

PS? Am I not doing a good job running the Senate? Cry

Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2009, 08:25:35 PM »

Tongue

You're doing fantastic. Smiley

Very by the book, I like that.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2009, 08:31:30 PM »

Tongue

You're doing fantastic. Smiley

Very by the book, I like that.

I think he is doing good two. I don't think PS was inferring he wasn't. Just that it is a bit of an uncertainty and we all now how Wall Street love's kind of thing. I think he is also trying to get serious understanding and attention to some of the numbers he has released, some of which are very, very bad harbingers of things to come. This game needs a better intergration of and respect for economic simulation into the political nebulous if you know what I mean.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2009, 08:48:14 PM »

Hashe, keep in mind, you have until 12:50 PM Eastern Time tomorrow to vote.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2009, 08:50:30 PM »

Hashe, keep in mind, you have until 12:50 PM Eastern Time tomorrow to vote.

The ANSE breaths a collective sigh of relief and thanks god for the OSPR. Smiley
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2009, 08:51:48 PM »

Yeah, I'll vote tomorrow morning. I've got my mind made up, but I'll think it over one last time.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2009, 10:46:15 AM »

Kay, this vote certainly wasn't an easy one since I liked and still like both candidates and both candidates are prime PPT material. I certainly hope whoever loses this race comes back next term to run for PPT.

My vote isn't based on what people have told me to do, and I didn't put up my vote on EBay. My vote isn't influenced by any begging (of which, I'm happy to say, there hasn't been any or very little). My vote isn't really a vote 'against' a candidate, but more a vote for the 'best of the best'. My vote certainly hasn't been motivated by ideology or which candidate I agree on more often or anything like that. My vote isn't meant to pander to any party, caucus, leader, or voters. My vote isn't motivated by selfish reasons and personal interests. My vote isn't either a change of ideology or an abandonment of the values, principles and ideas I was elected under. My vote in this, as said before, has nothing to do with ideology (aside from the fact that I'm not really ideologically similar, let alone identical, to any of the candidates!).

I have merely chosen the candidate who I believe is best suited, most experienced and ready for the job of PPT. And while I have full confidence in both candidates, I must choose one and voting 'abstain' on this would make me a wuss, an indecisive softie, and would be a bad decision for the Senate and Atlasia as a whole. I can only hope that the PPT-elect won't let us down or prove to be a poor PPT. However, knowing both candidates, I think I can sleep re-assured that such things won't come to be.

I apologize for taking so much time to make up my mind. As I have repeated time and time again, it isn't because I was lazy and didn't care about this, it's because I was personally torn equally by the qualities and principles of both candidates. I apologize to the candidate I voted against, and again, it's nothing personal or against his qualities as a legislator. And, anyways, I informed said person of my vote last night as to not be a jerk.

But, I won't apologize for everything, so without further adue and cutting the fluff, I vote for:

MasterJedi for PPT
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2009, 12:07:44 PM »

I, for one, am shocked but at least for today competency and fairness reign supreme
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2009, 12:26:47 PM »

Senators Voting for MasterJedi: Tmthforu94, North Carolina Yankee, RowanBrandon, MasterJedi, Franzl, Hashemite (6)
Senators Voting for Marokai Blue: Fritz, Marokai Blue, MaxQue, afleitch (4)

With a majority of votes, MasterJedi has been elected to the position of President Pro Tempore for the duration of the 33rd Atlasian Senate.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2009, 04:12:02 PM »

Thanks to everyone who re-elected me. I won't let you down. I'll be making my own noticeboard within 24 hours and no offence to Bacon King but I edited his style with my own to make it look more "natural". Tongue
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies