PPT Election Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:38:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PPT Election Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPT Election Thread  (Read 6123 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: September 07, 2009, 02:13:02 PM »

MasterJedi
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 12:53:39 PM »

I am having a great difficulty in making a decision. I like Jedi personally and get on very well with him, but as one poster has reminded me this is in a way, a game of party politics; a game of who controls the legislative agenda. As I am currently nursing a foot that has been impailed on a nail outside a Subway station I'll leave my decision for now Tongue

Well I can say that the position of PPT is not a political one. And because of that I have never used it for political gain or power. I've never used it to throw out bills or hold up bills that I didn't like because that's not what the PPT is supposed to do. With me you know I'll be active and not try and mess with anything. Smiley

But! Isn't it nice to have a change of administration once in awhile? Wink

I've been an incredibly active and.. colourful (see? I speak British!) Senator and I could do a great job Tongue

Plus, I'm gay, I mean, come on. MJ is cool but he's not that cool.

Do I smell discrimination? If this is the criteria on which Afleitch votes, I swear to god I will devote my reelection campaign to opposing the radical Gay Adjenda. Tongue This Senate really needs a Jim DeMint type character anyway to spice it up a bit. 
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 03:39:30 PM »

I am having a great difficulty in making a decision. I like Jedi personally and get on very well with him, but as one poster has reminded me this is in a way, a game of party politics; a game of who controls the legislative agenda. As I am currently nursing a foot that has been impailed on a nail outside a Subway station I'll leave my decision for now Tongue

Well I can say that the position of PPT is not a political one. And because of that I have never used it for political gain or power. I've never used it to throw out bills or hold up bills that I didn't like because that's not what the PPT is supposed to do. With me you know I'll be active and not try and mess with anything. Smiley

But! Isn't it nice to have a change of administration once in awhile? Wink

I've been an incredibly active and.. colourful (see? I speak British!) Senator and I could do a great job Tongue

Plus, I'm gay, I mean, come on. MJ is cool but he's not that cool.

Do I smell discrimination? If this is the criteria on which Afleitch votes, I swear to god I will devote my reelection campaign to opposing the radical Gay Adjenda. Tongue This Senate really needs a Jim DeMint type character anyway to spice it up a bit. 

Good lord no! He was only kidding Smiley

So was I, and the big laugh is you didn't catch that fact. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 08:06:58 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2009, 08:09:11 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

I would ask the honerable Senator Hashemite with all due respect, to not take "too" long, cause I fear pro-longing this is having an impact on the financial markets at least so says the the Game Moderator. Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 08:31:30 PM »

I would ask the honerable Senator Hashemite with all due respect, to not take "too" long, cause I fear pro-longing this is having an impact on the financial markets at least so says the the Game Moderator. Smiley

PS? Am I not doing a good job running the Senate? Cry

Tongue

You're doing fantastic. Smiley

Very by the book, I like that.

I think he is doing good two. I don't think PS was inferring he wasn't. Just that it is a bit of an uncertainty and we all now how Wall Street love's kind of thing. I think he is also trying to get serious understanding and attention to some of the numbers he has released, some of which are very, very bad harbingers of things to come. This game needs a better intergration of and respect for economic simulation into the political nebulous if you know what I mean.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 08:50:30 PM »

Hashe, keep in mind, you have until 12:50 PM Eastern Time tomorrow to vote.

The ANSE breaths a collective sigh of relief and thanks god for the OSPR. Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 05:12:49 PM »

Congrats Jedi, its been weird without you on the job. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies