PPT Election Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:07:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PPT Election Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPT Election Thread  (Read 6133 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: September 08, 2009, 03:53:22 AM »

I am having a great difficulty in making a decision. I like Jedi personally and get on very well with him, but as one poster has reminded me this is in a way, a game of party politics; a game of who controls the legislative agenda. As I am currently nursing a foot that has been impailed on a nail outside a Subway station I'll leave my decision for now Tongue
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 01:42:47 PM »

I am having a great difficulty in making a decision. I like Jedi personally and get on very well with him, but as one poster has reminded me this is in a way, a game of party politics; a game of who controls the legislative agenda. As I am currently nursing a foot that has been impailed on a nail outside a Subway station I'll leave my decision for now Tongue

Well I can say that the position of PPT is not a political one. And because of that I have never used it for political gain or power. I've never used it to throw out bills or hold up bills that I didn't like because that's not what the PPT is supposed to do. With me you know I'll be active and not try and mess with anything. Smiley

But! Isn't it nice to have a change of administration once in awhile? Wink

I've been an incredibly active and.. colourful (see? I speak British!) Senator and I could do a great job Tongue

Plus, I'm gay, I mean, come on. MJ is cool but he's not that cool.

Do I smell discrimination? If this is the criteria on which Afleitch votes, I swear to god I will devote my reelection campaign to opposing the radical Gay Adjenda. Tongue This Senate really needs a Jim DeMint type character anyway to spice it up a bit. 

Good lord no! He was only kidding Smiley
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 03:45:17 PM »

Well I can say that the position of PPT is not a political one. And because of that I have never used it for political gain or power. I've never used it to throw out bills or hold up bills that I didn't like because that's not what the PPT is supposed to do. With me you know I'll be active and not try and mess with anything. Smiley

But! Isn't it nice to have a change of administration once in awhile? Wink

I've been an incredibly active and.. colourful (see? I speak British!) Senator and I could do a great job Tongue

Plus, I'm gay, I mean, come on. MJ is cool but he's not that cool.

Do I smell discrimination? If this is the criteria on which Afleitch votes, I swear to god I will devote my reelection campaign to opposing the radical Gay Adjenda. Tongue This Senate really needs a Jim DeMint type character anyway to spice it up a bit. 

Good lord no! He was only kidding Smiley

So was I, and the big laugh is you didn't catch that fact. Tongue

Actually, I did Smiley
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 09:35:11 AM »

I think all of you are aware that most of the DA have been having a back and forth discussion about this and I know for a fact the there has been alot of back and forth. The issue is not about whether or not MasterJedi is a good PPT; he clearly is. Franzl's argument over Jedi's tenure (in that he may not be PPT come October anyway) is something I hadn't considered and I have to say I reach the opposite conclusion from Franzl.

Being PPT is a full time job; it doesn't free up much time to personally introduce legislation; merely to keep the Senate chugging along. Given Jedi's eventual need to focus on October and whatever he involves himself with, if re-elected PPT he will have no record to take to the voters. It's not his 'fault'; he has been performing a duty to the Senate but it may prove a hinderence to his prospects. Therefore I believe and I am sincere in saying, that it will be to Jedi's benefit if he has two months of simply being 'Mr Senator' Smiley

Therefore I vote Marokai Blue for PPT
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 10:09:18 AM »

Suspense?  No one is surprised that Afletich voted for a liberal over a conservative.  And now Hash decides it all...

Is that what you think this was about? It might be all about 'JCP v RPP' to you (as just about every issue seems to be to you these days), but I explained my decision pretty well.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 07:28:11 AM »

Suspense?  No one is surprised that Afletich voted for a liberal over a conservative.  And now Hash decides it all...

Is that what you think this was about? It might be all about 'JCP v RPP' to you (as just about every issue seems to be to you these days), but I explained my decision pretty well.
Yea but BS answers don't mask your true intentions

Oh not this bollocks again.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 01:57:36 PM »

Well, DWTL if it is about 'politics' then I've just voted to 'free' a centre-right Senator from the constraints of a PPT's impartiality Tongue (and by extension severely limited Marokai's legislative influence) If Jedi is not re-elected he can now propose his own legislation in time for an election or re-election campaign.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009, 05:03:36 PM »

I would like to warmly congratulate Jedi oh his re-election as PPT
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies