Will we ever reach a greater than 2 party system?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:12:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Will we ever reach a greater than 2 party system?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Will the United states ever have more than 2 major Political parties?
No, it will always be 2
Yes, a 3rd party is on it's way up
Yes, within 50 years we will have 4
Yes, within 50 years we will have 5
No, we will revert to a 1 party system
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Will we ever reach a greater than 2 party system?  (Read 11454 times)
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2009, 07:00:40 PM »

What if the far-left and far-right combined to form a populist party that has different ideologies based on the region that they ran in? Palin/Huckabee/Franken/Sanders all together, but they would be for low middle-class taxes, bringing jobs back to America, and supporting cheaper health care.

The teabaggers and the far left could come together against the big corporations and the bailouts, plus the Ron Paul libertarians could join too. I think that the middle of both parties allow too much influence from corporations.

I'm a progressive Democrat, but I'm from Illinois, meaning I would effectively represent my region. Would any Republicans think that this could be a good idea?

that would be a fractious coalition, it would be impossible to decide on a nominee to bring the party together, because by definition it excludes any "moderates."

I'm sure they could agree on someone. Whoever it is has got to be better than a "moderate."
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2009, 10:18:43 PM »

not so much that i like "moderates" either, but what southern conservative is going to support sanders? what "progressive" would support huckabee? what libertarians would support Franken?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2009, 03:16:44 PM »

What if the far-left and far-right combined to form a populist party that has different ideologies based on the region that they ran in? Palin/Huckabee/Franken/Sanders all together, but they would be for low middle-class taxes, bringing jobs back to America, and supporting cheaper health care.

The teabaggers and the far left could come together against the big corporations and the bailouts, plus the Ron Paul libertarians could join too. I think that the middle of both parties allow too much influence from corporations.

I'm a progressive Democrat, but I'm from Illinois, meaning I would effectively represent my region. Would any Republicans think that this could be a good idea?

Because big corporations Purple heart the teabagger agenda.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies