Large counties vs. small counties (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:19:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Large counties vs. small counties (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Large counties vs. small counties  (Read 12704 times)
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« on: September 13, 2009, 09:54:15 PM »

Really? I thought Japanese were among the most Democratic Asian-American voters, having neither the Chinese and Vietnamese anti-Communist thing nor Filipino- or Korean-style Christian conservatism.

Not since the 1990s at least. They were probably GOP till Clinton, assuming the Japanese-American internment during the FDR era had some impact.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 04:06:52 AM »
« Edited: September 14, 2009, 04:10:30 AM by phknrocket1k »

Really? I thought Japanese were among the most Democratic Asian-American voters, having neither the Chinese and Vietnamese anti-Communist thing nor Filipino- or Korean-style Christian conservatism.

Not since the 1990s at least. They were probably GOP till Clinton, assuming the Japanese-American internment during the FDR era had some impact.

Japanese Americans are one of the least religious Asian groups and Asians overall are very non religious. That would explain their voting patterns. It would be interesting to find out how they voted before the 90's.

Yeah, but the RR wasn't a politically potent force till like 1994 and Japanese-Americans seem to be regressing pretty fast to the mean culturally.

If I had to guess

1988-2008 - Dem
1972-1984 - GOP
Though I'm sure in the 1930s/1940s they would have been GOP, internment issues and such.
No idea before that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies