Ben for Mideast Assembly
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:55:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Ben for Mideast Assembly
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Ben for Mideast Assembly  (Read 12363 times)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 12, 2009, 09:01:53 PM »
« edited: December 13, 2009, 08:55:30 PM by Charles de Secondat, baron de Montesquieu »

Arlington, Virginia

A small crowd gathers outside of Arlington House in Arlington, VA to hear Ben, the former Governor and Lieutenant Governor of the Mideast, give a speech.

My friends, I have decided to run for Senate.  Many of you may be wondering why exactly I have decided to do this.  The fact is, the Mideast is facing very hard times.  According to the GM, our unemployment is currently a whopping 18%, the highest of any region by nearly 4%.

Senator Tmthforu has far too conservative of a voting record for the Mideast, given our current situation.  The Senator has consistently voted for legislation that has done nothing to help the ailing Mideast citizens.  While he is at heart a good person, his ideology is wrong for the Mideast, especially now.

I served in the Mideast Government for nearly a year.  During that time, I helped pass legislation on a variety of issues, including the Education Standards Act, which was one of the first pieces of legislation ever passed by the Assembly.  If I am elected to the Senate, I will work hard to pass substantive legislation that helps the Region, on issues such as unemployment, standards of living, and health – especially reducing the obesity levels in the Mideast and Atlasia.

It is for these reasons that I am declaring my candidacy for the Mideast Senate Seat.  I hope for your support; I will now welcome any questions, comments, and anything else that pops into your head.  Thank you, and vote Constine!
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 09:03:27 PM »

Endorsed. I think the region needs a fresh, active face at the federal level and you are just the person. Good luck Ben.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 09:04:00 PM »

Is this why you switched parties?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 09:04:30 PM »

Endorsed. I think the region needs a fresh, active face at the federal level and you are just the person. Good luck Ben.

Thank you very much for the endorsement.

Absolutely not.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 09:05:36 PM »

I came to Ben asking him to run weeks after he switched. Don't get too excited AH.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 09:07:43 PM »

I came to Ben asking him to run weeks after he switched. Don't get too excited AH.

It's no surprise that Ben has wanted this seat for over a year, and the RPP made it clear he wouldn't get it.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 09:10:26 PM »

It's no surprise that Ben has wanted this seat for over a year, and the RPP made it clear he wouldn't get it.

That played no part in anything.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009, 09:11:19 PM »

The DA bench is rather pressed in the Mideast, as almost every single member holds an office. Ben did not and has an excellent track record in the region.

I approached him. Obviously he was more than happy to accept.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2009, 02:05:25 AM »

I'd also like to offer my old friend ben my endorsement.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2009, 06:48:38 AM »

The DA bench is rather pressed in the Mideast, as almost every single member holds an office. Ben did not and has an excellent track record in the region.

Ben's a good guy, but let's not get carried away, there are reasons why we didn't want to endorse him in this race, and that most came down to his tenure as governor
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 07:01:35 AM »

For reference (also take note all the signers making up a large ideological spectrum):

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=82739.0
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=89986.0

So two short terms as governor ended with two calls for resignation

And of course don't forget this wonderful episode:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=89989.0

Along with all of this...

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=3188;sa=showPosts

Call me hypocritical for that, but I never actually committed voter fraud.

There were reasons far beyond being to the left of the party that Benconstine did not receive the RPP endorsement for this seat

Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 10:06:56 AM »

Ben's a good guy, but let's not get carried away, there are reasons why we didn't want to endorse him in this race, and that most came down to his tenure as governor

Through his actions since returning to the game, he has proven to me that he is interested in game reform and intelligent debate. He's pretty broadly accepted (as you pointed out Wink) as a good guy and I know he cares for the Mideast.

He wants to remake himself and I'm all for reinventing images and proving yourself.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2009, 10:16:44 AM »

I'd also like to offer my old friend ben my endorsement.

Thank you for your support.

Through his actions since returning to the game, he has proven to me that he is interested in game reform and intelligent debate. He's pretty broadly accepted (as you pointed out Wink) as a good guy and I know he cares for the Mideast.

He wants to remake himself and I'm all for reinventing images and proving yourself.

Thank you, PS, for putting that into words.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2009, 10:23:16 AM »

I thought you weren't interested in holding office any longer?
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2009, 10:26:04 AM »

Question for Purple State: will you also stand behind Devilman, when he runs for office again?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2009, 10:30:56 AM »

Question for Purple State: will you also stand behind Devilman, when he runs for office again?

If he so proves himself to be interested in starting anew then I see no reason why he shouldn't be able to run a fine campaign.

I may not endorse him due to other circumstances (e.g. if Ben wins and Devilman runs against him, as well as him being more conservative than I am), but I don't believe what he did should be used against him if he shows a genuine interest in reinventing his image and being a productive member of the game once again.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2009, 10:33:18 AM »

I thought you weren't interested in holding office any longer?

The desire was never truly gone, but I simply hadn't given much thought to running for office, given that I was prevented legally from doing so.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2009, 11:28:19 AM »

I am completely shocked...

Good luck Ben. And FYI., I'm not that conservative. My voting record proves that. A conservative wouldn't vote for the healthcare bill, or the stimulus package.

lolz, you make me sound like an old fart incumbment that's been around forever...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2009, 11:39:01 AM »

Good luck to you, Mr. Constine.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2009, 11:40:41 AM »

I am completely shocked...

Good luck Ben. And FYI., I'm not that conservative. My voting record proves that. A conservative wouldn't vote for the healthcare bill, or the stimulus package.

lolz, you make me sound like an old fart incumbment that's been around forever...

I just haven't seen the sort of activity from you that I had hoped for. I think your rise to the Senate was premature and a longer stint in the Assembly may have been better for you to develop your discussion and debate.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2009, 02:14:31 PM »

I served in the Mideast Government for nearly a year.

Probably not a very good idea to remind the electorate of that.

And a question. You say that you'll introduce legislation to reduce obesity in the region. What legislation would this be, exactly?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2009, 03:03:34 PM »

And a question. You say that you'll introduce legislation to reduce obesity in the region. What legislation would this be, exactly?

Legislation that would increase required time in physical education for students, regulations on unhealthy foods, etc.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2009, 03:05:20 PM »

Legislation that would increase required time in physical education for students, regulations on unhealthy foods, etc.

So basically, forcing kids to go to school merely to run laps, and then taking away personal liberties under the idea that it will prevent obesity? Great platform.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2009, 03:07:03 PM »

PhysEd sucks.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2009, 03:09:18 PM »

Yes, and if he wants to enact this, he should do it at the regional level. This bill is more of an infringement than the Motorcycle bill.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies