Student kills burgular with katana.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:26:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Student kills burgular with katana.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Student kills burgular with katana.  (Read 3567 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2009, 05:27:54 AM »

While it was almost surely self-defense and probably justifiable, the fact that many people in this thread are cheering this guy on is disturbing to say the least.

Unsurprising though.

But seriously, how could this be self-defense?  The burglar was in the shed or garage!  He wasn't in the nerd's bedroom.

And yes, I say nerd, because what kind of nincompoop has a sword.  I've met a few of this type, usually dressed in black, and if this one is anything like those, I'm cheering on the good honest burglar.

I hope they send this goth nut to the bighouse to be properly buggered, by a long 'sword'.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2009, 05:28:55 AM »

Classy!
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2009, 08:07:32 AM »

While it was almost surely self-defense and probably justifiable, the fact that many people in this thread are cheering this guy on is disturbing to say the least.

Unsurprising though.

But seriously, how could this be self-defense?  The burglar was in the shed or garage!  He wasn't in the nerd's bedroom.

And yes, I say nerd, because what kind of nincompoop has a sword.  I've met a few of this type, usually dressed in black, and if this one is anything like those, I'm cheering on the good honest burglar.

I hope they send this goth nut to the bighouse to be properly buggered, by a long 'sword'.

There is nothing honest about stealing.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2009, 11:18:22 AM »

Yes, we differ on that.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2009, 11:24:40 AM »

Opebo's overlooked point about killing the guy while he was in the garage is very well taken, and this guy may go down for it.

Prosecutors really will give the benefit of the doubt to a homeowner who "thinks" he was in immediate danger of death, but I'm not sure the facts will support this here.

If I were the Highlander guy here I'd lawyer up just in case and take my chances in front of jury of people who are equally afraid in their own homes and neighborhoods.

(personally I wouldn't charge the guy, and if this occurred in TX, he's be scott free)

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2009, 12:10:01 PM »

They give 'em medals don't they? Smiley

...wait, it's Texas....they give them large shiney belt buckles.
pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2009, 02:10:09 PM »

Good for him, but a gun would have been safer.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2009, 05:19:38 PM »

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2009, 06:13:00 AM »

You're getting a bit ahead of yourself - we don't know yet if the sword-wielding nutcase will be sent away to the institution or not.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2009, 05:00:25 AM »

You're getting a bit ahead of yourself - we don't know yet if the sword-wielding nutcase will be sent away to the institution or not.

How is he a nutcase for killing human scum like a burglar? If anything, he's a hero.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2009, 05:08:39 AM »

opebo thinks the criminal is the victim for not getting enough "dole".  He also thinks the victim is the criminal and should be repeatidly raped in prison for defending himself and his property.  opebo likes to wish prison rape on people he doesn't like.

We really need to stop taking him so seriously.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2009, 09:02:01 AM »

How is he a nutcase for killing human scum like a burglar? If anything, he's a hero.

Sorry, but self-defense doesn't make someone a hero. All that shows is that the person has healthy survival instincts.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2009, 11:50:16 AM »

opebo thinks the criminal is the victim for not getting enough "dole".  He also thinks the victim is the criminal and should be repeatidly raped in prison for defending himself and his property.  opebo likes to wish prison rape on people he doesn't like.

We really need to stop taking him so seriously.

Almost certainly, deadman, both the burglar and the murderer here are victims.  I'd actually prefer that this unfortunate killing never occurred, but it had to happen, as privilege is the whole point of our society.

I don't expect you to take me seriously, but please try to take seriously the brutality that is occurring every day around you every day as a matter of course, deadman.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2009, 06:59:46 PM »

Good for him, but a gun would have been safer.
Im not seeing that at all, a gun is in no way safer. but since you i assume meant safer to the home occupant i still disagree your probably more likely to shoot yourself to death than kill yourself on your own sword.
But this does come from me having a pro sword bias.

Yeah. With a gun, you have to bother with keeping it clean, learning to aim it properly, keeping it loaded, &c. With a sword, as long as you are strong enough to easily wield it, you swing it & your target is badly cut & probably bleeds to death. Pretty simple.

Really, the only way a gun is safer than a sword is if the burglar himself has a gun (or a sword, which is unlikely but would be awesome). Even then, in a dark house, if you can get a sword or a gun ready to use, you can probably get the element of surprise & subdue the burglar without too much difficulty regardless of what you have at hand.
A gun is MUCH easier to use as a sword, which is partially why the gun was invented. Trust me on this.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2009, 02:32:58 PM »

Totally badass.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies