Senate Discussion and Noticeboard
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:49:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Discussion and Noticeboard
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: Senate Discussion and Noticeboard  (Read 19481 times)
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2009, 06:39:24 PM »

I'm probably the fourth or fifth most libertarian person, if not in the top three, active in fantasy politics.

wow

lol
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2009, 06:40:25 PM »

I'm probably the fourth or fifth most libertarian person, if not in the top three, active in fantasy politics.

wow

lol

Yeah, Vepres idea of libertarianism is "I don't have to stand up for what I say I believe in when the chips fall and my political friends are circling the wagons against it."
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2009, 06:40:40 PM »

RPP members lack the testicular mas necessary to stand up to Fluffy. Yankee basically admitted he wouldn't be doing things differently from DWTL, only changing the public face and image. If Duke couldn't, how could an asylum patient?

Furthermore, most of their members have no backbone and are just flat out power hungry. If PiT were a real libertarian, he'd be supporting the small government party, not the theocratic populists. Their whole facade is a farce and attention needs to be paid to it. They are not only bigots, but hypocrites and liars.

It would be quite humorous to see Fluffy lose after all but moving into a Senate office months before the election. Smiley

You mean I'd vote for the paleocon? Roll Eyes

You wouldn't vote for anyone who wasn't a racist or a rapist.

Vepres is a racist/rapist? I know Mechaman called him an uncle molester, but that was in good fun I assume. Tongue

Vepres may not be a racist or rapist, but that is likely due to his lack of intellectual capability. He WOULD be a racist or rapist if he knew how to. Also, Vepres is more of a paleocon than Mint, not that you actually would care to know because you are a power hungry partisan who would rather feed the theocrats than stand up for beliefs. It's okay, PiT.

LOL, your absolute hatred for me has no real basis, you're just making yourself look bad.

But you are not a Libertarian for the the almighty Alexander Hamilton have spoketh and labeled you as non-libertarian.  It seems libertarian is becoming a code word for "Friend of Hamilton". I feel sorry for SPC, Giovanni, Vepres, PiT and some degree Winston.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2009, 06:43:40 PM »

wow

lol

Yeah, Vepres idea of libertarianism is "I don't have to stand up for what I say I believe in when the chips fall and my political friends are circling the wagons against it."

So every Libertarian who refuses to join the ARC is no longer a Libertarian. My if we tried this sh**t we would be crucified yet the ARC can get away with this crap. Where is the obnoxious feel good leftists media organizations when you need them?
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2009, 06:44:35 PM »

wow

lol

So every Libertarian who refuses to join the ARC is no longer a Libertarian. My if we tried this sh**t we would be crucified yet the ARC can get away with this crap. Where is the obnoxious feel good leftists media organizations when you need them?

It has nothing to do with the ARC, or even Atlasian politics.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2009, 06:44:54 PM »

wow

lol

You won't win them over by calling them obnoxious.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #106 on: December 13, 2009, 06:45:02 PM »

wow

lol

Wow, this belongs in the strawman thread Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2009, 06:45:36 PM »

wow

lol

Waiting until after the election.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #108 on: December 13, 2009, 06:46:55 PM »

wow

lol

I was reffering to papers like the one run by Marokai Blue. I doubt he will ever be in the RPP. Roll Eyes

Why the hell does everyone misunderstand me?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: December 13, 2009, 06:47:27 PM »

wow

lol

I was reffering to papers like the one run by Marokai Blue. I doubt he will ever be in the RPP. Roll Eyes

You're asking for their help.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #110 on: December 13, 2009, 06:49:57 PM »

wow

lol

Are you even technically still able to do that now that you are a Justice?

Congrats by the way. I would send you a PM saying that, but you wouldn't read it. Tongue

wow

lol

I am not asking for anyone's help. Just making a point, and picking on my friend on the other side of the isle. Is that no longer allowed, Master Xahar? Roll Eyes
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: December 13, 2009, 06:51:18 PM »

wow

lol

I am not asking for anyone's help. Just making a point, and picking on my friend on the other side of the isle. Is that no longer allowed, Master Xahar? Roll Eyes

I don't see why you complain about being misunderstood when you make no attempt to understand what other people are saying.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #112 on: December 13, 2009, 06:53:23 PM »

wow

lol

Nothing prevents it as far as I know, it's just an old tradition. Extremely active people generally aren't selected as Justices so it's usually led to the reputation of a quiet body.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #113 on: December 13, 2009, 06:56:37 PM »

wow

lol

I don't see why you complain about being misunderstood when you make no attempt to understand what other people are saying.

Because I don't take you seriously as I do other people so forgive me for not putting much effort into translating "Ancient Xaharian" Tongue
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #114 on: December 13, 2009, 07:30:57 PM »

wow

lol

Nothing prevents it as far as I know, it's just an old tradition. Extremely active people generally aren't selected as Justices so it's usually led to the reputation of a quiet body.

This is what I was most interested about with your pick. I know C.J. Spade has preferred to leave his opinions in his opinions and comment very little outside of that. This new dynamic will be amusing.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: December 13, 2009, 07:33:05 PM »

Oh I won't be quite as vicious I think and I'll stop commenting directly on Senate matters (for the most part..) and I certainly won't comment on questions of constitutionality, but I'm not going to simply disappear.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #116 on: December 13, 2009, 07:35:41 PM »

Oh I won't be quite as vicious I think and I'll stop commenting directly on Senate matters (for the most part..) and I certainly won't comment on questions of constitutionality, but I'm not going to simply disappear.

Marokai dissappearing would be an absolute crisis for Atlasia. We could never allow that to occur. Wink
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: December 13, 2009, 07:42:52 PM »

Marokai dissappearing would be an absolute crisis for Atlasia. We could never allow that to occur. Wink

For sure! Wink
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #118 on: December 13, 2009, 07:42:56 PM »

If I were a paleocon I would support banning abortion and gay marriage, I don't. If I were a paleocon I would support isolationism, I don't. If I were a paleocon I would be a hardcore Christian, I'm not. If I were a paleocon I would support protecting big business, I advocate for small business first.

That accounts for some of the movement, but hardly all of it. In reality paleocon is a pretty broad label that includes certain libertarians, federalists, isolationist conservatives, etc. Anyway I'm neither a fundamentalist or anti gay (obviously) but I support protectionism against countries which are protectionist.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: December 15, 2009, 05:37:21 PM »

We still haven't gotten a full count from this last election.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #120 on: December 15, 2009, 06:15:54 PM »

Regarding this bill:

We need a Senator to do this.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #121 on: January 02, 2010, 10:20:11 AM »

We have a new horrible bill from Fritz. As someone whos been in the Senate twice before and been there with some horribly inactive VP's this is a bad idea. I've also been PPT back in the day when there were active VP's and we did the work together when each of us was available.

President of the Senate Bill

The office of President Pro Tempore of the Senate is hereby abolished.  The Vice-President, as President of the Senate, will perform the duties previously performed by the President Pro Tempore.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #122 on: January 02, 2010, 10:27:27 AM »

The PPT-ship changed hands three times in the last session.  My bill would ensure the continuity of the leadership of the Senate (unless, of course, the Vice-President actually resigns or ascends to the Presidency, both of which are highly unlikely occurrences).
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #123 on: January 02, 2010, 10:42:01 AM »

The PPT-ship changed hands three times in the last session.  My bill would ensure the continuity of the leadership of the Senate (unless, of course, the Vice-President actually resigns or ascends to the Presidency, both of which are highly unlikely occurrences).

There already continuity in leadership, it's called the VP. Even when there is a PPT the VP can still do work at the same time as the PPT as was done when I was first starting out as PPT since there was an active VP. And with the inactive VP's we've had lately it'll screw over the Senate.

There's no need for it and I forsee you'll withdraw it before there's even a final vote.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #124 on: January 02, 2010, 10:47:51 AM »

Having two leadership positions for a legislative body of ten-and-a-half is a little silly, though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies