How would reconciliation affect the 2010 Mid-Terms? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 08:22:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  How would reconciliation affect the 2010 Mid-Terms? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How would reconciliation affect the 2010 Mid-Terms?  (Read 2884 times)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« on: September 17, 2009, 07:04:41 PM »

Wow.  I can't believe how much denial I am reading here.  You guys sound as clueless as the Republicans did leading up to 2006.

How much certainty do you advise we put on polls 14 months before an election before we're not in "denial"?

I'm reading lots of people expressing concern about the size of Dem losses, but making reasoned arguments as to how things will play out. I understand if you guys are looking for hope; I've been there too. I think it's too much to expect others to feel bad for not sharing certainty that your hopes are the predetermined path for the future.

The real problem is, the Democrats have to give a rather long winded explaination (because its a complex situation) as to why they had to use reconciliation...the Republicans need only launch attacks, probably successful ones, based on a very simple message (however misleading)...that the Democrats rammed government health care down the country's throat.

Lief makes good points as to why the Democrats did it, but deep down you guys probably will admit that like 8 or 9 times out of 10, the dumb/simple message trumps the nuanced/complex/long winded truthful message.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies