Past French prez elections today: President Jean-Christophe LAGARDE, 1965-1969
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:36:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  International What-ifs (Moderator: Dereich)
  Past French prez elections today: President Jean-Christophe LAGARDE, 1965-1969
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Past French prez elections today: President Jean-Christophe LAGARDE, 1965-1969  (Read 5064 times)
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 15, 2009, 11:09:24 AM »
« edited: September 21, 2009, 04:32:18 AM by big bad fab »

I'll try to make you vote in past French presidential elections, but with today candidates.
I'll switch from a past candidate to a present candidate who has the same political positioning/behaviour/course/strength.

For example, 1965 nowadays would be something like that:

de Gaulle -> Sarkozy
Mitterrand -> Fabius
Lecanuet -> Jean-Christophe Lagarde
Tixier-Vignancour -> Gollnisch
Marcilhacy -> François Goulard
Barbu -> Hirsch

More about this later.

Of course I won't be able to make 2007 in... 2009.
But I'll try to make a 2007 in... 2017.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 12:23:10 PM »

Is it an Hashmeite-esque "timeline" or should anybody give his own version ?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 12:40:17 PM »

I'll try to make you vote in past French presidential elections, but with today candidates.
I'll switch from a past candidate to a present candidate who has the same political positioning/behaviour/course/strength.

For example, 1965 nowadays would be something like that:

[/b]de Gaulle -> Sarkozy
Mitterrand -> Fabius
Lecanuet -> Jean-Christophe Lagarde
Tixier-Vignancour -> Gollnisch
Marcilhacy -> François Goulard
Barbu -> Hirsch

More about this later.

Of course I won't be able to make 2007 in... 2009.
But I'll try to make a 2007 in... 2017.

Insulting!

Anyway, Fabius in this case
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 03:51:14 AM »

You'll be able to vote in each case, I have still to create the lists. Just wait a bit.

I know that this is "horrible" for great historical figures... But it's a way to have many present what-ifs "based" on historical precedents.

For the "big" candidates, I'll change for every election, so that Sarkozy will only be proposed once, Royal, Aubry, DSK, Bayrou, etc, also.
It will be far more difficult for the far-left and for the far-right, as they have a candidate in each election and not so many big figures nowadays...
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 07:58:46 AM »
« Edited: September 18, 2009, 03:51:39 AM by big bad fab »

Part One:
FRENCH PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION "à la 1965"
First round

6 candidates:

Alain Juppé (<-> Charles de Gaulle, big leader of the gaullist right)
Laurent Fabius (<-> François Mitterrand, already old leader of the left, but not first leader, and trying to come back)
Jean-Christophe Lagarde (<-> Jean Lecanuet, not very well known centre-right man, rising star, at ease in the medias)
Bruno Gollnisch (<-> Jean-Louis Tixier-Vignancour, strong and "vocal" figure of the far-right)
François Goulard (<-> Pierre Marcilhacy, individualistic and unknown politician from the pro-European centre-right, who often dissents with the right)
José Bové (<-> Marcel Barbu, populist and so-called "generous" guy from the civil society, weirdly elected, based on strong "communities")

You have 6 votes, that you must split between 3 candidates: 4-1-1.

big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 08:10:15 AM »

My votes:
4 for Juppé
1 for Lagarde
1 for Goulard

(I would have preferred 6 for Juppé or 4 Juppé-2 Lagarde, but this is the rule... designed to make things a little less "partisan" and a little more "suspenseful" with not too much "zeros")

Of course, the rule may seem hard when you have many candidates from one side and few from the other, but remember that, in the next elections, that will be different.
And you'll have:
Hollande, Royal, Aubry, DSK, Hamon, Peillon, Valls
Copé, Sarkozy, Fillon, Alliot-Marie, Villepin, Bertrand, Morin, Borloo
and many others Cheesy

So, it's just for fun !

Vote is open !
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 09:05:12 AM »

Fabien you just did the most complicated and pointless what-if that I have ever seen!

But, well, enjoy!

Wink
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 01:58:59 PM »

4-Bové Tongue
1-Lagarde
1-Fabius

Sorry, but I really can't bear Fabius...
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 02:02:34 PM »

4 for Lagarde
1 for Goulard
1 for Juppé
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 04:27:44 PM »

Fabien you just did the most complicated and pointless what-if that I have ever seen!

But, well, enjoy!

Wink
Pointless ?!?
Well, everything is pointless around here... (except reporting real polls)
That's the point, precisely Wink

Complicated, yes, but because, we need to have a sort of real election and with, at most, 5 voters, we must have more votes...
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2009, 05:45:09 PM »

3 Bové
2 Fabius
1 Lagarde
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2009, 05:47:16 PM »

4-1-1.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2009, 07:41:50 PM »

Oh, hmm. Change that to 4-1-1 then.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2009, 07:04:27 AM »

But, well, enjoy!

Wink
Pointless ?!?

Complicated, yes, but because, we need to have a sort of real election and with, at most, 5 voters, we must have more votes...

Yes, but that's the mix of present and past, I mean, the contexts are so much different, that we can't make people match that easy, I tend to see it more irrelevant than pointless in fact. You know I already can't go in past what-ifs given that for me it's a non sense to vote for something that I didn't live in, so imagine what is this what-ifs for me! I can just go in present/future what-ifs.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Héhé, ok, go on then!

Wink
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2009, 07:06:45 AM »

If you don't like it, find it irrelevant and so forth, don't read it. It's easy to ignore a board, I do it all the time. Do likewise.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2009, 07:08:46 AM »

Sure, and you may have noticed that I haven't voted in it, but well, hope that this is still possible to give an impress on something, or even a criticism... Grin
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2009, 07:10:40 AM »

Sure, and you may have noticed that I haven't voted in it

Exactly my point.

No need to post if you don't enjoy it. If I posted in every thread I don't approve of, I'd have the most posts on the forum.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2009, 07:29:15 AM »
« Edited: September 18, 2009, 07:33:01 AM by Benwah »

Sure, and you may have noticed that I haven't voted in it

Exactly my point.

No need to post if you don't enjoy it. If I posted in every thread I don't approve of, I'd have the most posts on the forum.

Hmm, sorry to insist but I felt the need to say what I thought of this. This wasn't an offense against this thread, just a...you know...criticism...opinion...one more time, hope that's still allowed.

Of course I won't post in every thread toward which I would have some criticisms to do. But there are some, spontaneously, I share the criticisms I would have on. Maybe it's on those I feel more concerned.

For example alternative past timelines, I just can't go through that because in my mind the history could have only been what it has been, so once, while you were making an alternative past timeline, about French presidentials, I felt concern by the topic but as I can't go through it I signaled it, that I was incompatible with past timelines and period, you haven't seen me bitching each alternative past timeline (well, maybe one day if ever I fall on some people that take alternative past timelines too much seriously I'll renew the criticism again, but well, not even sure, and period). To make a full criticism about it, I could say that on the other hand it can be a good way to speak about history, and to make work the imagination.

But, well, here Fabien came with a new concept, still about something I feel concerned with, so well, I felt the need to give my opinion about this concept.

Spontaneity, criticism, once again, hope this is...allowed. Grin

It's not like if i were constantly bitching that thread, I gave my criticism, Fabien answered, I answered to Fabien.

Come on, we call it a dialog.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2009, 08:28:17 AM »

But, well, enjoy!

Wink
Pointless ?!?

Yes, but that's the mix of present and past, I mean, the contexts are so much different, that we can't make people match that easy, I tend to see it more irrelevant than pointless in fact. You know I already can't go in past what-ifs given that for me it's a non sense to vote for something that I didn't live in, so imagine what is this what-ifs for me! I can just go in present/future what-ifs.

Of course, it can't match perfectly, but you see that my 1965-like candidates aren't so bad (sorry for this lack of humility...).

In fact, more than the votes, we may have discussion about my choice of candidates (here, I'm speaking to Hash, Antonio, PGSable, etc, more than to you Benoît Wink).

BTW, trying to vote "honestly" in past elections is really interesting: see what Hans-im-Glück made on the German elections.
As for me, I honestly acknowledge that I may have been wrong in the 1930s, by voting for the DNVP or the "bad" Zentrum: that makes you ask difficult questions sometimes.
It forces you not to vote with your today mind, but to try to vote with a mind of the time.

It also forces one to acknowledge that he may have not been a "résistant" in 1940, or even after 1942. (always my same example, sorry).

But, of course, we need to know the real context of the time: that's not easy.
Another example on the other side: it's difficult today to say that Allende wasn't a good president; very few have the courage to say this. (I'm not saying that Pinochet was right, of course... just trying to think with a 1971-72 mind).

To come back to this topic, it's just a game, un prétexte to put together some names of today French politics in an odd but fun mix.
So, it's less serious than the other types of games...
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2009, 08:37:27 AM »

Part One:
FRENCH PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION "à la 1965"
Official results of the first round

30 votes
José Bové 9 votes (30.0%)
Jean-Christophe Lagarde 7 votes (23.3%)

Laurent Fabius 6 votes (20.0%)
Alain Juppé 5 votes (16.7%)
François Goulard 3 votes (10.0%)
Bruno Gollnisch 0 vote (0.0%)

Second round

2 candidates:

[b]Alain Juppé [/b] (<-> Charles de Gaulle, big leader of the gaullist right)
Laurent Fabius (<-> François Mitterrand, already old leader of the left, but not first leader, and trying to come back)

Jean-Christophe Lagarde (<-> Jean Lecanuet, not very well known centre-right man, rising star, at ease in the medias)
Bruno Gollnisch (<-> Jean-Louis Tixier-Vignancour, strong and "vocal" figure of the far-right)
François Goulard (<-> Pierre Marcilhacy, individualistic and unknown politician from the pro-European centre-right, who often dissents with the right)

José Bové (<-> Marcel Barbu, populist and so-called "generous" guy from the civil society, weirdly elected, based on strong "communities")

You have 2 votes, that you cast for only one candidate or split between the two candidates.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2009, 08:38:46 AM »

2 votes for Jean-Christophe Lagarde

Lagarde Président !
Drancy à Paris !
(oups)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2009, 08:44:59 AM »

Hmm, sorry to insist but I felt the need to say what I thought of this. This wasn't an offense against this thread, just a...you know...criticism...opinion...one more time, hope that's still allowed.

Of course I won't post in every thread toward which I would have some criticisms to do. But there are some, spontaneously, I share the criticisms I would have on. Maybe it's on those I feel more concerned.

I have nothing against not liking past timelines, I have nothing against stating it once maybe twice. But going in every thread which you see to re-state your opposition and feelings to such things is annoying, useless and also post-padding. Also, what's the use? Attention-whoring? Post padding? Trying to make others dislike it too? Ruin it?

I don't post in timelines which I am not interested in, unless it's really stupid so that I can ruin the stupidity by posting about elephants, rhinos and communists.

I don't care if you don't enjoy the genre, I do, others do, others don't. I won't go on a Jihad to convert the Pagans. I find it interesting, if you don't, meh, what am I supposed to do? Cry about it when I go to bed?

Anyways, damn, it's only meant for fun and it's a game. And yes, anyways isn't a word. Sue me.

If you really feel the urgent need to post about it, since it does seem like it's a life-changing thread, send a PM. It's less annoying.

Yes, yes, I know, I'm closed to dialogue Roll Eyes

another example on the other side: it's difficult today to say that Allende wasn't a good president; very few have the courage to say this. (I'm not saying that Pinochet was right, of course... just trying to think with a 1971-72 mind).

I say it Wink, and that's why it irks me to see leftists naming every damn thing after a mediocre President-turned-leftie-martyr. Of course, if I say it too loud, I get called a fascist Pinochet-loving bastard.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2009, 08:46:22 AM »

2 for Lagarde.

Allez le centre, dans le trou la gaugauche!
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2009, 08:50:37 AM »

Bové-Lagarde making the run-off, well, I enjoy it ! Cheesy

(Of course, Cry because of Juppé bad score, even worse than Chirac's usual 19...)
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2009, 08:56:11 AM »

BTW, trying to vote "honestly" in past elections is really interesting: see what Hans-im-Glück made on the German elections.
As for me, I honestly acknowledge that I may have been wrong in the 1930s, by voting for the DNVP or the "bad" Zentrum: that makes you ask difficult questions sometimes.
It forces you not to vote with your today mind, but to try to vote with a mind of the time.

It also forces one to acknowledge that he may have not been a "résistant" in 1940, or even after 1942. (always my same example, sorry).

But, of course, we need to know the real context of the time: that's not easy.
Another example on the other side: it's difficult today to say that Allende wasn't a good president; very few have the courage to say this. (I'm not saying that Pinochet was right, of course... just trying to think with a 1971-72 mind).

See, that's why I can't go through this things, because it's impossible to put yourself in "what you would have done if you lived at that time", first because you just can't know your reactions in something you don't live, haven't lived, and second, because all what we are is the fruit of the past, you in the past is a non sense because what you are is the fruit of this, by negating this you delete either what you are and what has been the past, see? Well, this is for the serious arguments. And my mind is so tied to this that I can't go through this.

I understand it very much, that's why each time I concluded by Wink

Wink

Haha. Wonderful, I was finishing to answer to Fabien glad to having had a discussion about that, and "Warning - 2 new replies have been posted". I discover the nuking post of Hashemmite.

Ok, I think I already made my point I just engaged a criticism here, just a dialog, if you can't get that, or don't want to get that, then I can do nothing for it. I explained my point that I don't bitch in all threads to which I would have criticisms, and it's a matter of fact, I don't, now, if you think that's wrong you will have to come with some inventions to prove it, I just posted in one of your timeline to say that i was incompatible with, and, period.

So, I see all your last post as total unfairness.

You ate something wrong or?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies