Debate TV ratings
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:19:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Debate TV ratings
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Debate TV ratings  (Read 564 times)
AuH2O
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 14, 2004, 09:28:01 AM »

Drudge is reporting 26.0/36 share for the debate last night, as compared to 29.1/40 for the first debate. He is quite reliable with regard to ratings.

I was somewhat surprised how high the ratings were, because of the baseball games and general debate/campaign fatigue.

Politically, this clearly helps Bush, because we can assume many of the people watching the 3rd debate also saw the first; he could not but help his standing with people that witnessed the first debate.

This certainly seems to suggest there remains a high interest level in the race.
Acastus
csmith476
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 10:05:36 AM »

AuH20's logic seems solid.  Bush clearly did better in this last debate than in the first.  Logically then, a proportion of those who were put off by Bush's crap performance in debate #1 might be won back by watching debate #3.

However, the snap polls say that Kerry won by a margin as decisive as in the first debate.  Are the snap polls just wrong?  Or has the public simply come to believe that Bush can't win a debate against Kerry?

The numbers do seem to indicate the public interest is still high.  But which candidate does that benefit, if any?
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 10:07:36 AM »

"Kerry won" does not mean "I won't vote Bush"

Or that "I'm less likely to vote Bush"

Or that "I'm not more likely to vote Bush"
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: