Strategic Vision Polls from Ohio, Iowa, Penn, "Cheesehead Land", Jersey
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:13:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Strategic Vision Polls from Ohio, Iowa, Penn, "Cheesehead Land", Jersey
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Strategic Vision Polls from Ohio, Iowa, Penn, "Cheesehead Land", Jersey  (Read 3129 times)
handler
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2004, 12:32:03 PM »

No, but he's the best at what he does in presidential elections.  His presidential record speaks for itself.
handler
Rookie
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2004, 12:32:41 PM »

Look it up.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2004, 12:32:51 PM »

I think Ohio will be competitive to the end though I'd say while Bush will probably carry it, Kerry can possibly carry it.

I think Pennsylania, along with New Jersey, will stick with the Democrats.

Iowa's going down to the wire, could very well produce one of the closest results come November.

Although, Wisconsin is looking like Republican-country these days, I think the state's progressive tradition may serve Kerry well - but I'm far from confident about that!

Dave
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2004, 12:33:42 PM »

Zogby nailed Florida?Huh?

From November 1, 2000:

A year ago, the fourth largest state was considered safe for the Republicans, but Gore has apparently managed to close the gap. An MSNBC-Zogby Florida Poll released Tuesday showed Gore with a 51-40 percent advantage. Green Party candidate Ralph Nader got 4 percent and 4 percent were undecided.

http://www.evote.com/index.asp?Page=/news_section/2000-11/11012000Florida.asp

Troll.
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2004, 12:34:13 PM »

For the record, I have acknowledged that Zogby's internet state polls are baloney.  However, his state telephone tracking polls in 2000 were dead on.  (except California which was waaaay Bush friendly for all of you who have the mistaken view that Zogby is a partisan Dem)

He NAILED Florida  -  more accurate than Mason-Dixon.  I know you all worhip at the alter of Mason-Dixon.

Do you really think a professional pollster like Zogby would risk his credibility making the statements he's made if he wasn't absolutely positive that Bush was finished?

Handler, you are right to be suspicious of polls with a D or an R next to their names. However, there are decent partisan polls. I think, for example, on the Dem side, Democracy Corps is generally regarded as a pretty decent poll. Maybe not 100% the most reliable, but not bad. How about if we give Strategic Vision a chance, huh? I don't think they have a track record and are generally new.

Newsweek, for example, is clearly biased, yes. Maybe strategic vision is biased, who knows, we'll see; but their polls generally meet with what's close to consensus.
handler
Rookie
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2004, 12:38:39 PM »

Check his FINAL day Florida number.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2004, 12:42:00 PM »

Also note that these polls represent a uniform gain of 2 points for Kerry since their last round of polls, except for NJ, where Kerry has gained 5.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2004, 12:44:49 PM »

Also note that these polls represent a uniform gain of 2 points for Kerry since their last round of polls, except for NJ, where Kerry has gained 5.

Well if Kerry's gaining a bit of ground according to (R) pollsters, it can't be too bad?

Dave
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2004, 12:47:32 PM »

Check his FINAL day Florida number.

Careful what you ask for.  Vorlon may flood you with statistics and results, and the election might be over before you are through reading it all.

hahaha
Shira

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2004, 12:55:51 PM »

Strategic Vision gets the big (R) next to their name, however for most of this year the bulk of their polling has been more or less consistent within MOE of others.

I think PA and Jersey might be a few points too kind to Bush in this bunch - nothing horrible, within MOE

I "think" Ohio is actually about right (IMHO), but I really want to see another poll to confirm or deny till I get a firm opinion on that state.

Iowa Huh? - not sure actually.

Wisconsisn is consistent with other polls.

Y 'all spin away on these.

OHIO
Bush 51%
Kerry 45%

IOWA
Bush 49%
Kerry 47%

PENNSYLVANIA
Bush 46%
Kerry 46%

WISCONSIN
Bush 49%
Kerry 45%

NEW JERSEY
Kerry 47%
Bush 41%

And what about your regular stuff of sample breakdown?

"Ohio is actually about right". Do you sincerily buy this?
OH now IMHO is anywhere between Bush --> -2 to Bush --> +2.
TheBulldog
Rookie

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2004, 01:02:15 PM »

Far too Bush friendly.  Bump Kerry up one or two percent in each of those polls
handler
Rookie
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2004, 01:03:40 PM »

Ha.  I'm still waiting.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2004, 01:06:30 PM »

And what about your regular stuff of sample breakdown?

I would say it is more like Tie --> Bust +3.  All the polls for the most part (all but one) show a decent Bush lead in Ohio, with only Survey USA showing a Bush lead (ARG is constantly slanted Democratic by 2%, so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and calling it a tie).
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2004, 01:08:54 PM »
« Edited: October 12, 2004, 01:35:38 PM by The Vorlon »

Zogby had Kerry GORE  +2 in Florida in 2000

Mason Dixon had Bush +2, MD also finished their poll 3 days before the actual vote.

Zogby also had BUSH rapidly gaining ground in Florida the last week.  1 week out Zogby had Gore up by 11% on October 31st, 2000 which was just non-sense.

Look it up Smiley

A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2004, 01:28:52 PM »

Anyone who thinks Bush +5 in Ohio is not a realistic situation needs to take his/her medication

The only polls that showed a Kerry "surge" in Ohio are ARG (total trash) and SurveyUSA.

SurveyUSA has had Kerry +1 in California before.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Okay, I know we all hate Zogby, but if they had KERRY +2 in 2000, this guy's insane
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2004, 01:34:53 PM »

Anyone who thinks Bush +5 in Ohio is not a realistic situation needs to take his/her medication

The only polls that showed a Kerry "surge" in Ohio are ARG (total trash) and SurveyUSA.

Okay, I know we all hate Zogby, but if they had KERRY +2 in 2000, this guy's insane

<<hides head in shame and humiliation>>

That would be Gore +2 in 2000 Smiley

..and according to Zogby Bush GAINED 9% in the last 7 days to make it close in florida...

Gore 48 / Bush 46 / Nader 6 said Zogby in Florida 2000

handler
Rookie
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2004, 01:39:03 PM »

Ok, BUT....

Mason Dixon was no more accurate than Zogby and people on this board seem to think Mason - Dixon hangs the moon.  Can we at least agree that in presidential years, Zogby is right there with Mason Dixon on state polling.
Rococo4

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2004, 01:42:36 PM »

No
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2004, 01:42:51 PM »

<<hides head in shame and humiliation>>

That would be Gore +2 in 2000 Smiley

..and according to Zogby Bush GAINED 9% in the last 7 days to make it close in florida...

Gore 48 / Bush 46 / Nader 6 said Zogby in Florida 2000

Wouldn't really be any worse than some of the swings we've seen in Gallup this year. Smiley

These Strategic Vision polls seem pretty good, but generally a point or two favorable to Republicans.  But I think ARG has also been pretty good, just a couple point favorable to Dems.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2004, 01:44:31 PM »

Ok, BUT....

Mason Dixon was no more accurate than Zogby and people on this board seem to think Mason - Dixon hangs the moon.  Can we at least agree that in presidential years, Zogby is right there with Mason Dixon on state polling.

No, because though the final figure might have been off, MD was (and is) more consistant and accurate in their polling than Zogby.  Zogby is all over the place and has a higher rate of error than many of the national pollsters.
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2004, 01:50:32 PM »
« Edited: October 12, 2004, 01:52:38 PM by The Vorlon »

Re Ohio:

Firstly, I have been something less than "stomping on the ground" adament that Bush is up 5ish.

I "think" Ohio is actually about right (IMHO), but I really want to see another poll to confirm or deny till I get a firm opinion on that state.

All the stuff I am seeing on Ohio is really mixed.

I just am not sure.  Bush by 4-5 is my "gut" but I am open to being conviced one way or the other.

Firstly,  I did leave it "light blue" in my "Map". (Bush 0-2%) becasue I just an not really sure.  I have discribed this as "a gut feeling"

That being said... a common sense argument to me always works...

1)  Bush lost PV by 0.51% in 2000, but won Ohio by 3.51% => Bush is 4% better in Ohio than his national number - and "the trend" is pretty even in Ohio - no big shift.

If we say, to use your number Shira, that Bush is up 1% Nationally then this implies:

1% + 4% => 5% or so...

Also:

Rasmussen's Mini-bot track (less than "investment grade" polling I freely admit) has Bush up 5%, and now Strategic Vision, whose polls have been "in the game" this year also says 5% or so.

One poll is a blip...
Two polls is a maybe..

We are at the "maybe" stage...

We will see Smiley
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2004, 02:00:15 PM »
« Edited: October 12, 2004, 02:03:37 PM by The Vorlon »

Ok, BUT....

NO

20 of the least 45 Zogby telephone polls - going back to and including 2000 - have missed the MOE.

In 2000, the year you love to quote...

Hillary Clinton by 3 in New York...? (actual was 12%)
California TIED...? (actual was 12%)
Santorum by 18 in Pennsylvania...? (actual was 8%)

In the Presidential race he missed New York by 6%
In the Presidential race he missed Pennsylvania by 5%
In the Presidential race he missed Illinois by 5%

And the less said about 2002... the better.... Smiley

To be fair to Zogby, this graphic was based on Zogby's own website data, he did not have posted the Florida Governors race where he did get Jeb Bush within 3%
Light Touch

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2004, 10:39:09 AM »

For the record, I have acknowledged that Zogby's internet state polls are baloney.  However, his state telephone tracking polls in 2000 were dead on.  (except California which was waaaay Bush friendly for all of you who have the mistaken view that Zogby is a partisan Dem)

He NAILED Florida  -  more accurate than Mason-Dixon.  I know you all worhip at the alter of Mason-Dixon.

Do you really think a professional pollster like Zogby would risk his credibility making the statements he's made if he wasn't absolutely positive that Bush was finished?

Zogby in 2000 was a fluke.  Zogby in 2004 will be the laughingstock of the election.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies