Teachers Unions disappointed by Obama (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:13:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Teachers Unions disappointed by Obama (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Teachers Unions disappointed by Obama  (Read 2083 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« on: September 23, 2009, 02:32:04 PM »

Tenure is the key to 'good' teachers.

And hell for getting rid of bad ones
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 03:13:12 PM »

No no, you don't understand.  If a person feels absolutely secure in their salary, regardless of what they do, then they can focus on actually teaching.  

I understand more than you think....I've been around school boards and districts......tenored teachers (not all of course) become lazier, because short of them sodomizing your kid.......they can't be fired.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 03:26:44 PM »

No no, you don't understand.  If a person feels absolutely secure in their salary, regardless of what they do, then they can focus on actually teaching.  

I understand more than you think....I've been around school boards and districts......tenored teachers (not all of course) become lazier, because short of them sodomizing your kid.......they can't be fired.

No, they don't.  In general the reduction in quality of work occasioned by the normal abusive form of employment will be much worse than any 'laziness' related to security.  In fact once you feel assured of the permanency of your position and the security of your salary and retirement, you can teach well simply for fun.

The brutal penal system of control that all of you embrace is not really the 'most productive', it just serves the powerful better.

Your points don't translate well to real life, is all I'm saying.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 06:07:02 PM »

Your points don't translate well to real life, is all I'm saying.

Your idea of 'real life' is purely the result of brainwashing, is all I'm saying.

At my age my brain is washed up......I'm only speaking from the position of being an Old, who has seen much in this area.  But we'll agree to disagree.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies