Cheney Daughter Remark (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:33:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Cheney Daughter Remark (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cheney Daughter Remark  (Read 33872 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« on: October 14, 2004, 04:53:05 PM »

Drudge is really pushing the Cheney daughter remark issue.  I see it on a bunch of blogs, and now there is an AP story about it.  Is this "angry mom" story really going to have any legs?  If it dos have legs, will it have any impact? I can't imagine it, though stranger things have happened.

I don't think this has much legs.  Voters will just see it for what it was- a tacky comment and move on.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 08:33:37 PM »

Say Cheney tried to make a point about road safety or something by bringing up Senator Edwards dead son.  It would also be out of line.  It is also a factual statement  but you can answer the question put before you without bringing in peripheral figures.  It was not needed and was over the top. 
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 08:54:14 PM »

Let's see:

A. Saying Cheney's daughter is gay and that's a perfectly natural thing

OR

B. Attacking Kerry for his service to our country

Hmmm... no, I think the GOP still gets the mean men award

Neither President Bush nor V.P. Cheney have questioned John Kerry's service.  Candidate Kerry and Edwards brought up something that was inappropriate for the debate forum.  If you want to discuss what outside supporters on both sides do to support "their" candidate we could be here for a while.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2004, 06:10:24 AM »

"The fact that Obama is black is not the question here.  It is that Kerry used that information to advance his own canidacy.  Obama's blackness is a matter that concern Obama, his family and God, and not the American body politic."

Laugh in up fellas.  Kerry/Edwards statement was cheap and tawdry-You should not bring up peripheral figures to exploit when you can answer a question directly without it.  This should not be a campaign issue but it is in questionable taste. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies