2008-2048: Clinton wins nomination
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:50:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008-2048: Clinton wins nomination
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12
Poll
Question: How long do you want this TL to go?
2008-2012

2008-2026

2008-2048

2008-2052

THIS NEEDS TO END NOW

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 69

Author Topic: 2008-2048: Clinton wins nomination  (Read 106075 times)
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2010, 12:56:05 PM »

I wonder whether the Teabaggers will take control of the GOP. Also, how is Palin doing in this TL?
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2010, 01:00:56 PM »

Say It isn't so Joe!!! Man I can't say I saw that one coming, I will be looking to see who Hilldawg picks to replace Biden(Maybe Hagel, Nunn or Webb?) and what other Domestic achievements she will try to strive for or will just focus her energies in getting Americans back to work...Keep it comming

Thankz, I'll try to add more tonight. Tongue

I wonder whether the Teabaggers will take control of the GOP. Also, how is Palin doing in this TL?

Palin's still Governor of Alaska. Don't worry, she'll come into the TL eventually. Somewhere between 2013-2020 is when she'll appear. Tongue
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2010, 01:04:02 PM »

February 14th- Today, the economic stimulus bill was sent to the house and was passed 64-36 with all democrats voting in favor, as well as Olympia Snowe, John McCain, Chuck Grassley, and Max Baucus.

Max Baucus is a Democrat.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2010, 01:47:22 PM »

February 14th- Today, the economic stimulus bill was sent to the house and was passed 64-36 with all democrats voting in favor, as well as Olympia Snowe, John McCain, Chuck Grassley, and Max Baucus.

Max Baucus is a Democrat.

I changed it. thanku
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2010, 03:27:52 PM »

March 11th, 2009- President Clinton, Vice President Obama, and others attended Bidens memorial today. His killer has been identified as Omar Nazil Abdulla. He has said that he did not attack Biden because, of Biden but because of his hatred for America as a whole. He said as many of his friends and family feel, that the Americans have done nothing to stop Israel from their attacks on the Palestinians. Biden's replacement has not been decided.

March 13th- After the dealth of Secretary Biden, many Americans no longer feel pity for the Palestinians. A new poll was released today by Rasmussen Reports.

If Israel and Gaza went back into war, who would you want to win?
Israel 61%
Gaza 24%
Not Sure 15%

March 14th- Former Virginia Governor Tim Kaine has been chosen to replace Biden as the Secretary of State.

Do you approve of President Clinton?
Approve 69.7%
Disapprove 23.9%
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2010, 08:06:58 PM »

didn't see Romney coming. I'd doubt he'd say yes so he could take a crack in 2012. Poor Joe, still thought he had some time to go....and sorry but Colorado would never vote Hillary Wink
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2010, 08:14:15 PM »

didn't see Romney coming. I'd doubt he'd say yes so he could take a crack in 2012. Poor Joe, still thought he had some time to go....and sorry but Colorado would never vote Hillary Wink

What if Romney doesn't run in2012? And I think he's more likely than Huckabee or Palin to join the dems.

How would Colorado not vote clinton?
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2010, 08:16:31 PM »

I like this a lot! Poor Joe. Cry
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2010, 08:42:25 PM »

What if Romney doesn't run in2012? And I think he's more likely than Huckabee or Palin to join the dems.

colorado hates the Clinton's. We are more libertarian's over here then anything else. Obama creamed her and didn't even try here. This is Romney country and Obama country. No room for anyone else unless you're coming from a western state
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2010, 10:28:38 PM »

colorado hates the Clinton's. We are more libertarian's over here then anything else. Obama creamed her and didn't even try here. This is Romney country and Obama country. No room for anyone else unless you're coming from a western state

If Obama won Colorado by 8% (I believe), Hillary would have won it. I don't see 4% of Colorado voters (who voted for Obama) deciding to vote for McCain if Hillary was the nominee, especially after the financial crisis.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2010, 11:22:54 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statewide_opinion_polling_for_Hillary_Clinton_for_the_United_States_presidential_election,_2008#Colorado

Yeah, if McCain was up 3 points against her in May, I highly did he was still ahead after the financial crisis, and Obama being on the ticket as VP.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2010, 07:11:44 PM »
« Edited: April 02, 2010, 06:24:30 PM by electoraljew2 »

March 28th- President Clinton released a timetable for Iraq today so that all troops will be removed by 2013. 25% of the troops will be withdrawn from the country by the end of 2009, and so forth until 2014 where there will be no troops left in Iraq.

April 1st, 2009- Unemployment at 8.4%.

April 7th- For the first time in months, the stock market has made big gains today, and is expected to be above 10,000 again by Septemeber. Through, the hopeful predictions, many still think that the effect of the stimulus won't last long and will will have banks begging for bailouts again by Decemober.

April 27th- Today, began the worldwide panic over the H1N1 virus, or better known as Swine Flu. The epidemic began in Mexico, and it is spreading quikly.

May 1st- Unemployment at 8.9%.

May 11th- By now, there has been medicine released for the H1N1 virus, and it seems to be starting to fade away. Many people still believe that the virus will return during the school year in September.

ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2010, 09:15:34 PM »
« Edited: March 01, 2010, 09:17:07 PM by electoraljew2 »

May 18th- It has now been four months since the end of the Gazan conflict and things seem to be going well at the moment. Omar Nazil Abdullah has been jailed and prosecuted by the Gazan police. On June 23rd, a trial will be held to determine whether or not he will be executed.

May 24th, 2009- With rising unemployment on the rise again, and the effects of the Recession itching back once again, President Clinton has set a new suprising goal for herself=the repeal of the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" military policy set by her husband when he was in office.

May 29th- The repeal went to the house today and was passed 261-174. This victory was declared a huge victory for gays and lesbians across the country.

June 1st- The repeal went throught the senate and was passed 66-33, with the absence of Massachuessetts senator Ted Kenneddy. Gays are now allowed into the military just as easily as anyone else and are one step closer to being indistinguishable from any average american as far as the law goes.

June 4th- Unemployment at 9.3%.

Approve 67.9%
Disapprove 28.9%

Please Comment 100% Smiley
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2010, 09:19:00 PM »

Very good Clinton Presidency so far! I hope unemployment will eventually hit a high point and start to fall quicker then it is in real life! Smiley
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2010, 07:12:34 PM »
« Edited: March 02, 2010, 07:16:14 PM by electoraljew2 »

June 12th- Today was the day of the Iranian Presidential election, huge protests have broken out, due to allegations of fraud against Mahmoud Ahjmadenijad, the alleged winner of the election.

June 16th- The White House has confirmed that they will not get involved in these protests in any way, shape or form.

June 23rd, 2009- Today was the day of the trial of former Hamas militanat Omar Nazil Abdullah. The gazan court ruled in favor of his execution, which is et for June 24th. Omar was arrested for the murder of former US Secretary of State Joe Biden on March 9th. Before the court though, he made a statement that struck the chords of many palestinians.

"Yes, did kill the blasted US man!!! I hope they all die! What has that blasted country done for us? They sit by and watch as our families, friends and children are brutally murdered by the Jews!!"

June 25th- Today, the world forgot about the words of Omar Abdullah, because they were swept away by the shocking news that the King of pop, age 50, died from cardiac arrest.

July 1st- Unemployment at 9.7%

June 6th- Due to rising unemployment, President Clinton has announced plans for a second stimulus package, the details of which are not yet known.

Approve 65.5%
Disapprove 29.6%

Please Comment 100% =D
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2010, 07:56:18 PM »

Good so far.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2010, 07:44:57 PM »
« Edited: March 06, 2010, 10:29:11 AM by electoraljew2 »

July 14th- By now, the protests in Iran have started to calm down and many are beginning to except that Ahmadinejad will remain the President for the next four years. On the other hand, it has been uncovered that Iran has nuclear power hidden under mountains on the outside of Tehran. It is not known whether they have weapons or not.

July 22nd, 2009- President Clinton's plan for a second stimulus have been revealed today. The plan includes $100 billion in loans to banks to keep them afloat for the next two years. Another $100 billion will be used for social security, medicare, and medicaid. $50 billion will be used for creating jobs. It has not been revealed when the bill will be sent to the House.

July 30th- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi announces that the House will vote on the bill by the 15th of August. Senate Majority leader Harry Reid says that the Senate will vote on the bill.

August 1st- Unemployment at 10.1%.

August 3rd- President Clinton was blasted by all Republicans over the past three days, as unemployment passed the ten percent bench mark. The biggest hit was made today by Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty who called the President incompetant and a "failure to the American people."

August 5th- Today, President Clinton made a speech in Cleveland, Ohio. She has not responded to her Republican critics. She spoke of how her plan will put an end to the economic hard times, and that the recession will end soon. She vowed that she will keep her word to the American people.

August 11th- The stimulus bill barely passes the house with a vote 221-214. Although democrats celebrated today, President Clinton was shocked by how close the bill was from failing. She also relized that she can't pass any stimulus so easily.

August 18th- The Senate passed the economic stimulus today 56-43, with the absence of Edward Kennedy due to head pains. While the democrats continue to party, the Republicans continue to warn that the bill will continue to deepen the deficit, as well as not work.

August 25th- Washington is shocked when liberal lion Edward Kennedy passes away due to his brain tumor. A special election to replace him will occur on January 10th.

September 1st- Unemployment at 10.3%.

Approve 61.3%
Disapprove 33.7%

Please Review? 100% Smiley
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2010, 09:12:05 PM »

Clinton Approval by State September 2nd, 2009
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2010, 09:15:09 PM »

How come the GOP didn't filibuster the second stimulus?
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2010, 11:11:25 PM »

They tied to, every republican voted against it except Olympia Snowe. Four Democrats voted against it.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2010, 11:12:43 PM »

They tied to, every republican voted against it except Olympia Snowe. Four Democrats voted against it.

So, four Democrats voted for cloture but against the final bill?
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2010, 11:14:12 PM »

for cloture?
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2010, 11:18:22 PM »

for cloture?

To end debate and put the bill to the floor for a final vote.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2010, 11:20:14 PM »

for cloture?

To end debate and put the bill to the floor for a final vote.

The only results i posted where the final vote in the house and senate

any other comments?
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2010, 11:22:28 PM »

Does Hillary ask Israel for a full settlement freeze like Obama did? Also, how is the situation currently going there and in the rest of the Middle East?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies