Northeast Assembly Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:27:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Assembly Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Thread  (Read 377380 times)
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #100 on: December 10, 2009, 09:08:19 PM »

Because of all the Debate on this Bill, I'm extending the Debating Period.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2009, 09:58:43 PM »

Give me like 30 minutes and I will have my changes ready Smiley

Yeah, you guys have done great work on this, don't feel rushed by me, I'm just waiting on a final Bill. Smiley
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2009, 11:45:43 AM »

The SOAP expressly states that the debate lasts for 48 hours... And this bill has been introduced 108 hours ago.

Well, I extended the period, because there wasn't a full Bill even written up.

Because of all the Debate on this Bill, I'm extending the Debating Period.

But, today is the last day.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2009, 11:33:41 PM »

Somebody, please, show me a final version of this thing.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2009, 04:39:44 PM »

Alright, I open up a vote on this Amendment:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain. Voting lasts twenty-four hours.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2009, 09:14:53 PM »

I won't be around here much, tomorrow. So Smid can close the vote on the Amendment, and then open a final vote.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #106 on: December 15, 2009, 10:05:18 PM »

The Ayes are Five, the Nays are One. The Amendment is Adopted.

I open up a final vote on this bill. Vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain. Voting lasts twenty-four hours.

Sustainable Forestry Act

Section A: Purpose

1. The Northeast region is home to over 40 million acres of hardwood and softwood forests used for construction, manufacturing, energy, and other uses. The Northeast region recognizes that sustainable forestry is necessary to create a healthy and diverse environment and create a lasting industry that continues to provide jobs to Northeasterners. The Northeast recognizes that certain current forestry practices are unsustainable and that a more reasonable replacement level must be mandated.

Section B: Regulations

1. Forestry (the act of clearing or eliminating more than two cords of wood for commercial purposes) on Northeast public lands shall be regulated by the region to provide sustainability.

2. Forestry on Northeast public lands by any company or organization that has not obtained a permit from the Northeast region is hereby prohibited.  This section shall not apply to any company or organization which has entered into any lease or other right to remove trees from public land on or before December 21, 2009.

3. Any company or organization removing more than two cords of wood from Northeast public land in any calendar year for commercial use under any permit issued after December 21, 2009 is REQUIRED to replace the acreage of trees removed at at least a 1:1 ratio. Companies and/or organizations are REQUIRED to ensure survivability of the new growth for two calendar years.

4.  Nothing in this Act shall prohibit individuals from cutting up to two cords of wood per year for firewood or other personal use on parcels of Northeast public land where such activity is expressly permitted by the laws or regulations of the Northeast.

5. Nothing in this Act shall supercede the terms of any lease, conveyance or similar arrangement, or any permit issued before December 21, 2009 for the duration of such lease, conveyance, arrangement or permit.

Section C: Non-compliance

1. Any company or organization found violating the terms of this Act shall be subject to a fine of no less than three times the cost of replacing any removed trees not replaced.

Section D: Public Land Use

1. The Northeast region will no longer be allowed to sell wooded land to private owners for the purpose of commercial forestry.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2009, 10:31:30 PM »

The Ayes are six, and there is one abstention. The Ayes have it.

I hereby transmit this Bill to the Governor for his signature, or veto.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #108 on: December 16, 2009, 10:37:50 PM »
« Edited: December 16, 2009, 10:49:12 PM by Northeast Lt. Governor Barnes »

The New Northeast Minimum Wage Act

1. The Northeast Minimum Wage Act is hereby repealed.
2. The Northeast minimum wage shall be equivalent to the current Federal minimum wage.
3. The Northeast minimum wage shall increase and decrease concurrent to the Federal minimum wage.

Sponsors: Reps. Hamilton

The question is, shall the Bill be considered? Those in favor, say "Aye; those opposed "No".

The Ayes have it.

Representative Hamilton has the floor.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #109 on: December 16, 2009, 10:48:33 PM »

2. The Northeast minimum wage shall be equivalent to the current Federal minimum wage.
3. The Northeast minimum wage shall increase and decrease concurrent to the Federal minimum wage.

Sponsors: Reps. Hamilton and Antonio V

The question is, shall the Bill be considered? Those in favor, say "Aye; those opposed "No".

The Ayes have it.

Either Hamilton, or Antonio, have the floor.

Per the request of Representative Hamilton, Antonio's name is removed as cosponsor.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #110 on: December 19, 2009, 12:09:40 PM »

I hereby open up a final vote on this Bill. Vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain. Voting lasts twenty-four hours.

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #111 on: December 20, 2009, 12:54:53 PM »

The Ayes are for; the Nays are one. The Ayes have it, the Bill has passed.

Anti-Discrimination Act

1. The Northeast Government pledges to uphold the rights of all citizens regardless of race, gender, class, sexuality, ethnicity, religion, and disability status.
2. The Northeast Government will hereby refuse government contracts to any company or organization which is found to discriminate on the basis of race, gender, class, sexuality, ethnicity, religion, and disability status.
3. The Northeast Government, in hiring, and in representation, shall not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, class, sexuality, ethnicity, religion, and disability status.

Sponsor: Rep. Hamilton

The question is whether the Bill should be considered?

The ayes have it.

The Sponsor, Reprenetative Alexander Hamilton, has the floor.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #112 on: December 20, 2009, 02:07:31 PM »

With the First Assembly adjourning for good tonight, there will not be enough time to consider this legislation.

Well, we have Monday to debate, also. The new term begins on Tuesday.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #113 on: December 20, 2009, 02:13:01 PM »

Is it possible to have a special motion to shorten the debate time ?

Yep.

I take that as a motion. Under Extraordinary Circumstances, I Herby move the debate time to end at 12:00 Midnight. We will proceed with a vote then.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #114 on: December 20, 2009, 07:43:19 PM »

Well, we have Monday to debate, also. The new term begins on Tuesday.

Why?  The election ends tonight.

Is it possible to have a special motion to shorten the debate time ?

Yep.

I take that as a motion. Under Extraordinary Circumstances, I Herby move the debate time to end at 12:00 Midnight. We will proceed with a vote then.

I object.  Speeding consideration of a bill without a vote violates the SOAP.  We can vote to cut off debate, but that vote must be held open for 24 hours.

The next Assembly should take up this bill.

The Constitution of the NE stipulates that Terms begging on the first Tuesday following the election.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #115 on: December 21, 2009, 02:41:30 AM »

I open up a final vote on this Bill. Vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain.

Anti-Discrimination Act

1. The Northeast Government pledges to uphold the rights of all citizens regardless of race, gender, class, sexuality, ethnicity, religion, and disability status.
2. The Northeast Government will hereby refuse government contracts to any company or organization which is found to discriminate on the basis of race, gender, class, sexuality, ethnicity, religion, and disability status.
3. The Northeast Government, in hiring, and in representation, shall not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, class, sexuality, ethnicity, religion, and disability status.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2009, 02:50:19 AM »

I once again object to this bill being brought to the floor before the end of the non-waived 48-hour debate period.

Objection noted.

Do you wish to formally challenge the vote?
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2009, 11:47:07 AM »

What the hell is happening right now ? Are we still debating or is the vote begun ?

cinyc protested the vote on the grounds that the SOAP couldn't be suspended voluntarily.

I have to agree with him, there will be no time for another vote.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2009, 12:14:26 PM »

I agree with Mr. Moderate, we can debate two bills at once and extend debate from 48 to 72 hours, we can get more participation and more legislation.

Well, then someone needs to propose an Amendment to the SOAP at the start of the new Assembly.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2009, 10:59:26 PM »

I will accept votes for the Speakership.

(But I in no way expect to win Tongue)

Are you actually running? I need to know what names to put on the ballot.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #120 on: December 22, 2009, 12:15:31 AM »

Order!

The Second Assembly of the Northeast is now in session.

A majority of members having taken their oaths, we may proceed with the election of a speaker.

Vote for only 1 candidate.
[ ] Anotnio V
[ ] cinyc
[ ] ________ (Write-in)

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #121 on: December 22, 2009, 10:28:38 AM »

Order!

There will be order.

We will return to the vote.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #122 on: December 22, 2009, 11:39:12 AM »

Antonio's cluelessness and inability to be professional were my reasons for voting against him. He further proved it with his posts in this thread.

Order!

Members will respect one another.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2009, 11:41:29 AM »
« Edited: December 22, 2009, 11:50:21 AM by Northeast Lt. Governor Barnes »

Antonio's cluelessness and inability to be professional were my reasons for voting against him. He further proved it with his posts in this thread.

Order!

I respectfully refuse. I speak the truth and nothing but. His immature behavior cost him my vote.

You mean you refuse to listen to the chair?

I direct the Sergent-At-Arms to remove the Rep. from the Chamber.  Maybe an hour of cooling-off time.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #124 on: December 22, 2009, 11:51:12 AM »

Order!

I respectfully refuse. I speak the truth and nothing but. His immature behavior cost him my vote.

You mean you refuse to listen to the chair?

I direct the Sergent-At-Arms to remove the Rep. form the Chamber.  Maybe an hour of cooling-off time.

Yes. I refuse to listen to you or anyone else.

You will be at order!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies