Northeast Assembly Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:04:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Assembly Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Thread  (Read 379297 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2011, 07:50:15 PM »

With one vote in favor, out of one total, this legislation hasgpassed.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2011, 01:59:06 PM »

Northeast Parks and Recreation Use Act

1. This act shall be applied only to those lands and facilities operated and maintained by the state and/or regional governments.

2. Citizens and legal residents of the Northeast shall not be required to pay any fee for use of state and/or regional parks or recreational facilities.

3. Citizens and legal residents of the Northeast are eligible for free admission to state parks and recreational facilities not operated or maintained by the regional government irrespective of their state of residence.

4. Nonresidents of the Northeast may be required to pay a fee for use of state and/or regional parks or recreational facilities where applicable.

We will have 48 hours for debate.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2011, 02:18:13 PM »

Napoleon, was it your intention to exclude local jurisdictions from the purview of this bill? Nothing would prevent a town from charging admission to its local park - did you want to protect municipalities' ability to do this?
There are instances where private events are sometimes held in public municipal Parks, I wasn't surest if this practice should be eliminated or not.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #103 on: May 21, 2011, 04:24:26 PM »

I think it'd be great if we expanded the bill with a provision to improve our regional parks and help reduce litter in local parks if we could.
Draft an amendment, that would be a good idea.

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #104 on: May 21, 2011, 09:57:09 PM »

The Governor has vetoed the SRC report, I think we should go for an override.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #105 on: May 22, 2011, 04:09:31 AM »

I echo the governor's concerns, and would oppose an override.

Your opinion doesn't count.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2011, 10:53:01 PM »

Northeasterners should be allowed to view the natural beauty found in many state and regional parks free of cost. I don't have too much of a problem finding a way to parks other than user fees, which probably don't come close to covering costs anyway.

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2011, 11:01:31 PM »

Is there a record of the executive actually doing such a thing?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #108 on: May 22, 2011, 11:10:52 PM »

It is perfectly legitimate for me to believe that this law has not been executed and therefore has not done any transfer of lands. The governor has the authority to execute laws after exercising his ability to sign them. However, with no executive order issued, we still own these lands.

I disagree with the premise of the legislation and find it unconstitutional for it to be considered policy as our Assembly only legislates and we have no executive authority whatsoever. I will be requesting a CJO injunction.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #109 on: May 23, 2011, 01:06:34 AM »

As Lt. Governor, I hereby cast the tie-breaking vote in favor of the Un-Stealing Bill.

That legislation is no longer in session so I'm afraid you're too late.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #110 on: May 23, 2011, 01:10:23 AM »

As Lt. Governor, I hereby cast the tie-breaking vote in favor of the Un-Stealing Bill.

That legislation is no longer in session so I'm afraid you're too late.

There is no time limit specified in the constitution as to when the Lt. Governor may cast a tie-breaking vote.

Legislation does not carry over from session to session. The Lt. Governor as the constitutional presiding offeicer of the Assembly, is unable to cast votes on legislation that is from a previous session after multiple new ones have come and gone. Nice try though.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #111 on: May 23, 2011, 01:16:42 AM »

SOAP buddy.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #112 on: May 23, 2011, 01:30:33 AM »

That would be a poor strategy given that it is guaranteed to backfire.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #113 on: May 23, 2011, 04:05:40 PM »

Vote to override veto on SRC report is now going.
AYE
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #114 on: May 23, 2011, 04:34:31 PM »

If the native tribes that originally lived on them have been wiped out, what would happen to the land?  How would claims by multiple tribes be settled.

Fear not!  A story from the SoIA's Office is a'comin'!

Make sure to talk aabout unionized park workers and the fact that's we are leasing these lands to natural gas companies under contract. And have fun writing a story about a law that never passed.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #115 on: May 23, 2011, 04:37:06 PM »

If the native tribes that originally lived on them have been wiped out, what would happen to the land?  How would claims by multiple tribes be settled.

Make sure to talk aabout unionized park workers and the fact that's we are leasing these lands to natural gas companies under contract.
Noted.  Now, where can I find the entire text of the bill?  I can't find it on the wiki.

It never properly passed.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #116 on: May 23, 2011, 04:39:08 PM »

He is more libertarian than you, anti-capitalist thief and contract breaker.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #117 on: May 23, 2011, 04:42:29 PM »

Make sure to talk aabout unionized park workers and the fact that's we are leasing these lands to natural gas companies under contract.
Noted.  Now, where can I find the entire text of the bill?  I can't find it on the wiki.

It never properly passed.
I'm sure the text must be somewhere.  Can you link me to it or copy/paste it into this thread?

Why would you writeabout a law that isn't in effect and never will be?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #118 on: May 23, 2011, 04:45:28 PM »

There is no situation, just a court case. Tongue
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2011, 04:49:57 PM »

There is no situation, just a court case. Tongue
Do you really have to be this difficult?

Of course, I don't think you should write an article until cinyc makes a ruling. Can't you pick on a lesser region in the meantime? Tongue
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #120 on: May 23, 2011, 05:08:03 PM »

As the veto override continues, I believe we should debate impeaching those who are abusing the top two offices to carry out an assault on the region. I just love how Ghostwhite can't open voting booths but he's right there doing the bidding everytime one of these stupid laws like the Un-Stealing Act or Nullification Resolution are questioned.

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #121 on: May 23, 2011, 05:27:23 PM »

Partisan hackery is your administration in whole, and you can be impeached for any reason.
What the Governor and yourself attempted earlier was in violation of our Constitution.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #122 on: May 23, 2011, 07:57:52 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2011, 07:59:50 PM by Speaker Napoleon »

Welcome to my time in the Assembly, enjoy.

It's all about turning the region into extremist libertarian 'paradise' ie Anarchy... basically the laws of the jungle.

If they want compromise, they can work with us. If they want war, they will lose.

P.s. what do either of those stupid laws have to do with anarchy or libertarianism?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #123 on: May 23, 2011, 08:10:27 PM »

The particularly polluted stream of 'libertarianism' - "taxation is theft"  - the state should not own anything... that's how it fits.

Giving away land for free is theft from the taxpayer. Anyone subscribing to that particular style of libertarian needs to get their head out of the sand and their fingers out of the ears.

I just don't understand why these dumb laws mean so much to wormy that he is willing to make a mockery of our region and constitution to preserve them. I thought we were working together pretty well until this whole mess started.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #124 on: May 23, 2011, 10:08:44 PM »

The original owners are long dead. I don't support reparations for blacks, nor do I support this. I don't care what happened regarding you and Polnit before I was even registered. You may have been trying to be helpful, I thought you were trying to be a smart ass by detailing my bill. Now this is in the hands of the courts as the law is illegitimate. Do not blame me for the mistakes of others, I try my best as Speaker to ensure that votes are fair and handled properly according to the rules established with the creation of this body. As for broad public support for these laws, I doubt it but feel free to poll it and prove me wrong. I do not appreciate being dragged into this bickering so hopefully you are content with allowing these disputes to be taken up by the court per the constitution and laying off the threats against my Senate campaign. My first and foremost priority is my service in the Assembly for the term I have been elected to. If my respect for rule of law is what causes me to lose my Senate race, then so be it! I prefer to stay above the fray and not participate in any kind of personal mudslinging. I don't want to play hardball here, which we are both at fault for...but you can either be constructive with me or you can remain content with alienating people in this region such as myself, Jake, and homelycooking who harbor no personal animosity from whatever happened when Polnut was still here. I think I've been very lenient regarding our joke of a governor. I've been hard at work as Speaker, SRC Commissioner, Constitutional Convention leader, and Senate candidate all at once. I'm trying to fix the institutional failures of this region and hopefully you are willing to help. What is preventing your bill from being passed properly at a later date?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies