Northeast Assembly Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:32:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Assembly Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Thread  (Read 382894 times)
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #200 on: December 22, 2009, 06:17:50 PM »

Antonio's cluelessness and inability to be professional were my reasons for voting against him. He further proved it with his posts in this thread.

Can I respectfully ask you what you mean by this ?

Your bitter partisan attacks and inability to respect others led me to vote for cinyc, someone who has never spoke ill of any group without due reason.

Please, tell me when I ever made partisan attacks and lacked respect toward other Reps. in the Assembly thread.

Not in this thread, maybe. I'm not going to dig. But certainly around the bord. You have spread ies and been openly hostile to myself, Libertas, andothers. If you ant a higher office, run for Governor. I will votefor you in February i you do.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #201 on: December 22, 2009, 08:12:52 PM »

If I did, I apologize. Anyways, the attacks thrown by Hamilton against me remain ridiculous and groundless, especially coming from him. But I've now understood that the truth is irrelevant for Hamilton, and that, since he has the majority, he will have no problem to impose his own vision on everything.
Hamilton and Libertas, I really look forward to see what will be your opinion of the bills I have introduced, and if you will just bother to look at the text instead of just making them fail because of who introduced them. If you will propose Amendment or just discard them since the beginning. Now we will see who are the hacks and who are the ones who work for the improvement of our region.

See. You just proved correct what I've been saying. "I will have no problem to impose my vision on everyting." lol? What? I've collaborated with almost every Representative on various peices of legislation, have a taken an inclusive approach to legislation and worked to get my bills to pass with as many votes as possble rather than ramming them through with the bare minimum.

You may think what I've said are ttacks, but I think what you've just said here is an attack. You know me well enough by now to know that I will only stop when you do. I have done my best to bridge left and right within my legislation, never once have I been partisan and divisive in my aproach.

What you say around the forum also affected my vote. Don't try to say that I shouldn't judge on things that exit outside this thread. You have been more than eager to vote against me and criticize me despite "strongly suppoprting" the large majority of my legislation. You judge me based on what other people think of me. That's your righ. But if I want to vote for someone abit more civil and respectful,and far less partisan (non-partisan, really), then I shall do so and encourage others to as well.

You neer had a problem with me until te ARC was created. Andbe honest. You'd never even consider votingme in s Speaker.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #202 on: December 27, 2009, 09:28:50 PM »

I nominate segwaystyle2012 and I think we should use a single vote system, with no changes once cast.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #203 on: December 27, 2009, 10:51:51 PM »

I nominate Antonio V, as well.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #204 on: December 28, 2009, 12:56:38 PM »

Now that Antonio V has seconded Smid's nomination, does he really want to be on that ballot - or do Smid and segway style for that matter?

The only problem I have with your voting proposal is that there's no one to break a tie.  If there's a tie, what the heck are we going to do?

ties would be a problem with any voting system
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #205 on: December 28, 2009, 10:53:08 PM »

Yeah, sorry.  I'm gonna go ahead and resign.  My return was grand and thanks for the support, but I can't get into this stuff again.  It just doesn't do it for me.

Sad
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #206 on: December 29, 2009, 08:00:24 PM »

segwaystyle2012
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #207 on: December 30, 2009, 11:35:54 AM »

I respectfully abstain. AndyCT is a big boy and he can make big boy decisions all on his lonesome here, just as we don't need him making an executive order suggesting who should be assembly speaker.

It's not about what he needs or not, it's just how the Northeast Constitution works. Seeing how often you make lawsuits about the unconstitutionality of some practices, I thought you knew it better. Tongue

There's a lot of stupid crap in our constitution, and no reason why I can't abstain here on an essentially pointless vote to make commentary on it.

True. Wink But I'm sure you have an opinion on this.

Who cares? There is no vote changing anyway!
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #208 on: December 30, 2009, 11:39:03 AM »

I respectfully abstain. AndyCT is a big boy and he can make big boy decisions all on his lonesome here, just as we don't need him making an executive order suggesting who should be assembly speaker.

It's not about what he needs or not, it's just how the Northeast Constitution works. Seeing how often you make lawsuits about the unconstitutionality of some practices, I thought you knew it better. Tongue

There's a lot of stupid crap in our constitution, and no reason why I can't abstain here on an essentially pointless vote to make commentary on it.

True. Wink But I'm sure you have an opinion on this.

Who cares? There is no vote changing anyway!

And obviously I was uselessly trying to influentiate Mr. Moderate in order to make him change his vote, right ? Roll Eyes

This isn't the first time you've harassed someone for voting a way you disagree with. I know what you did to azmagic and he absolutely owned your sorry self.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #209 on: December 30, 2009, 11:46:40 AM »

I know you are ready to anything to achieve your goals, but do you really think you will convince someone with your sneaky talking points ?

lol, pathetic.

So what is wrong with me wanting to achieve my goals? You don't want to achieve yours? azmagc was right: "You're such a dolt, dude."

Do you really think you will convince anyone with your sneaky talking points?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #210 on: December 30, 2009, 12:47:29 PM »

I'm looking to write an expansive bill centered on urban revitalization. Anyone interested in helping?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #211 on: December 30, 2009, 12:52:20 PM »

I'm looking to write an expansive bill centered on urban revitalization. Anyone interested in helping?

Sure, what sort of ideas did you have in mind?

Well, what I want is to create market-based initiatives to bring businesses back to urban centers, improve public schools in inner-city areas, and combat crime in urban centers. I believe if we can successfully manage to work on these three ideas, we can scale back the welfare state and create more opportunities for Northeasterners.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #212 on: December 30, 2009, 01:39:10 PM »

Sure, what sort of ideas did you have in mind?

Well, what I want is to create market-based initiatives to bring businesses back to urban centers, improve public schools in inner-city areas, and combat crime in urban centers. I believe if we can successfully manage to work on these three ideas, we can scale back the welfare state and create more opportunities for Northeasterners.
I would think that making available tax credits and low-interest loans for potential business starters within urban areas could jump-start economic growth.

I think the best way to deal with crime would definitely be by employing positive-focused programs to reduce the causes of crime rather than on expanding policing which will only lead to more inner-city resentment.

For education, I'm not sure how much influence regional government should exert on local school systems. But I think the education system could be improved my focusing more on students as individuals. 

Perhaps establish a program to identify the most gifted students within inner city communities and ensure they are able to thrive in well-funded competitive schools, upon graduation of which they would be immediately eligible for a grant if they remain to improve their area?

Students who aren't interested in academics, on the other hand, should be provided the with the resources to develop another skill or trade valuable to society, rather than be forced to fail and grow disillusioned.

Also improvement of mass transportation services is a must for any urban revitalization program.

Just some ideas. Any thoughts? I could write some things up if you wish.

These are all ideas I have advocated and support. But on problem with local inner-city school districts that they are often influenced by the corrupt politics and special interests.

These are some good ideas to start with. Another idea is a work from home program for single mothers.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #213 on: December 30, 2009, 01:45:40 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

How would such a program work?

Not sure but I will be looking in to it.

Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #214 on: December 30, 2009, 05:30:17 PM »

Perhaps establish a program to identify the most gifted students within inner city communities and ensure they are able to thrive in well-funded competitive schools, upon graduation of which they would be immediately eligible for a grant if they remain to improve their area?

Students who aren't interested in academics, on the other hand, should be provided the with the resources to develop another skill or trade valuable to society, rather than be forced to fail and grow disillusioned.

One of the things I had passed in the Northeast about a year or two ago was a bill creating a system of public school choice.  How it essentially works is that, in the Northeast, a parent has the right to choose which public school their student attends within certain reasonable limits. (It does not allow for regional funding of private schools, like a traditional voucher program might.)

Presumably, this law has encouraged the creation of magnet schools across the region.

Yes, I've read this text, but I think what we need is a program that encourages these students to do better and ensures they have opportunities to stay in school.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #215 on: December 30, 2009, 08:01:08 PM »

Consider legislation! The first piece was already started anyway Tongue
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #216 on: December 30, 2009, 09:01:55 PM »

Anything in specific that the NE Assembly would like from the GM?

education healthcare crime family incomes and jobs
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #217 on: December 30, 2009, 09:16:37 PM »

Neither are friendly.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #218 on: December 30, 2009, 09:17:53 PM »

Anti-Discrimination Act

1. The Northeast Government pledges to uphold the rights of all citizens regardless of race, gender, class, sexuality, ethnicity, religion, and disability status.
2. The Northeast Government will hereby refuse government contracts for a three-year period to any company or organization which is found to repeatedly discriminate on the basis of race, gender, class, sexuality, ethnicity, religion, and disability status.
3. The Northeast Government, in hiring, and in representation, shall not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, class, sexuality, ethnicity, religion, and disability status.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #219 on: December 30, 2009, 09:30:34 PM »

Motion to amend.

Anti-Discrimination Act

1. The Northeast Government pledges to uphold the rights of all citizens regardless of race, gender, gender identity, class, sexuality, ethnicity, religion, and disability status.
2. The Northeast Government will hereby refuse government contracts to any company or organization which is found to discriminate on the basis of race, gender, gender identity, class, sexuality, ethnicity, religion, and disability status.
3. The Northeast Government, in hiring, and in representation, shall not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, gender identity, class, sexuality, ethnicity, religion, and disability status.

What's the purpose of this now-unfriendly amendment, i.e., what's the difference?

Males than identify as women, females that idenitfy as men.

It's not something believe in or support legitimizing.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #220 on: December 31, 2009, 12:47:09 AM »

Motion to amend.

Anti-Discrimination Act

1. The Northeast Government pledges to uphold the rights of all citizens regardless of race, gender, gender identity, class, sexuality, ethnicity, religion, and disability status.
2. The Northeast Government will hereby refuse government contracts to any company or organization which is found to discriminate on the basis of race, gender, gender identity, class, sexuality, ethnicity, religion, and disability status.
3. The Northeast Government, in hiring, and in representation, shall not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, gender identity, class, sexuality, ethnicity, religion, and disability status.

What's the purpose of this now-unfriendly amendment, i.e., what's the difference?

Males than identify as women, females that idenitfy as men.

It's not something believe in or support legitimizing.

Yes, it would provide protection for the transgendered. Which is, frankly, much better grounded in science as "not a choice" than homosexuality.

I'm sorry, I cannot support this amendment to the legislation.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #221 on: December 31, 2009, 11:15:21 AM »

NOT FRIENDLY
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #222 on: December 31, 2009, 11:39:46 AM »

I suggest to strike word "class". There are no social classes recongized under Northeast nor Federal law. I suggest replace term with something like "social background".

Nope.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #223 on: December 31, 2009, 11:45:26 AM »

I suggest to strike word "class". There are no social classes recongized under Northeast nor Federal law. I suggest replace term with something like "social background".
Nope.

What formidable compromising skills...

I'm not compromising.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #224 on: December 31, 2009, 11:54:36 AM »

No, political feelings affecting political actions. Social background was a stupid term that could mean anything. Damn I can't believe I have to deal with this crap for the whole session. I'd resign if I didn't think I'd be replaced with a moron.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies