Northeast Assembly Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:32:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Assembly Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Thread  (Read 379635 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #200 on: March 23, 2010, 03:14:26 PM »

Well, we need a person on who we can count 100%, not just "well, I hate wiki access too so maybe I can update something in some time".

That's sad, but Atlasia wiki is a joke now.

For example, according to this (https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/AndrewCT) article, Andrew is still NE Governor... well, I wish that would be truth, but he's not.

The whole article of Governor Morgan is, quote, "FallenMorgan is a member of the Popular Party and resident of the Northeast. He is running for Northeast Governor in February 2010."

According to article on mine, I'm still a prisoner of Alaska and I'm "no longer active", lol.

And, last but not least, the last piece of legislation passed by the Assembly mentioned here is Northeast Natural Gas Leasing Act (https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Legislative_work_of_the_Northeast_Assembly)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #201 on: March 23, 2010, 04:43:06 PM »

What if we were to changet his around a little bit. Perhaps make this something more of an Assembly decision, to just nominate someone who puts forward interest to help keep up with the wiki. It wouldnt be making them an office holder, or anything to that effect. But it would help us keep up with the wiki, and be able to use just about anyone who comes forward with interest, and wiki access.

I'm open for amendments.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #202 on: March 24, 2010, 07:49:11 AM »

What if we were to changet his around a little bit. Perhaps make this something more of an Assembly decision, to just nominate someone who puts forward interest to help keep up with the wiki. It wouldnt be making them an office holder, or anything to that effect. But it would help us keep up with the wiki, and be able to use just about anyone who comes forward with interest, and wiki access.

I'm open for amendments.

Still waiting if there are any amendments Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #203 on: March 24, 2010, 01:07:52 PM »

Amendment offered

Peter Bell is forced to update the wiki on behalf of the Northeast Region.

Unfriendly. Please cease going into a personal attacks during real debates.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #204 on: March 24, 2010, 01:10:38 PM »

However, I'd modity that to something like

Given the fact that informations about Northeast Assembly, Northeast Laws and the Region in general on Atlasia wiki are in many cases missing or outdated, and the fact that the person responsible for updating, namely Lieutenant Governor, not always have an acess.
1. Governor shall name a Northeast citizen with active Atlasia wiki account to carry on these duties if the Region face situation described above, for a period of minimum two months for an appropriate, temporary basis
2. The nominee shall be confirmed by Northeast Assembly
3. The hired person do not enjoy a status of the Regional officeholder
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #205 on: March 24, 2010, 05:16:06 PM »

My proposal:

Section 4(c) of the Standing Order on Assembly Procedure shall be deleted and replaced with the following:

(c) The Lt. Governor shall maintain a public list of Standing Orders, unsuccessful bills actually voted upon, and Acts in the Atlasia Wiki for the Northeast, with a link to the text of such legislation.   If the Lt. Governor does not have an account to edit the Atlasia Wiki, the Lt. Governor shall designate a Northeast citizen with active Atlasia Wiki account to temporarily carry on these duties on the Lt. Governor's behalf until the Lt. Governor receives access to edit the Atlasia Wiki.   Any designated Northeast citizen shall not be considered an officeholder of the Northeast or Atlasia.

--------------------------------------
I don't see why the Assembly needs to confirm this person.  It's the Lt. Governor's job, so he should be able to designate someone else if he doesn't have access.  If the Lt. Governor nominates someone who does a crappy job, we can always vote him out of office at the next election.

I would accept that, but I'm affraid about Lt. Governor impartiality in this case. Suggestions?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #206 on: March 24, 2010, 06:52:43 PM »

Hm, it's more like the board approving the temporary hired man do help in certian job.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #207 on: March 24, 2010, 07:50:38 PM »

I would gladly update the Wiki myself if Dave Leip would ever get back to me...

I requested for an account myself for like 4 occassions. Never get an answer.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #208 on: March 25, 2010, 02:34:48 AM »

Rep.  Kalwejt-

How do you want the vote to proceed?  By amending my proposal to add a sentence requiring Assembly confirmation, then voting first on a motion to strike that sentence, or was my entire proposal friendly?  If you want to require Assembly confirmation, I'd suggest the following language in red:

Section 4(c) of the Standing Order on Assembly Procedure shall be deleted and replaced with the following:

(c) The Lt. Governor shall maintain a public list of Standing Orders, unsuccessful bills actually voted upon, and Acts in the Atlasia Wiki for the Northeast, with a link to the text of such legislation.   If the Lt. Governor does not have an account to edit the Atlasia Wiki, the Lt. Governor shall designate a Northeast citizen with active Atlasia Wiki account to temporarily carry on these duties on the Lt. Governor's behalf until the Lt. Governor receives access to edit the Atlasia Wiki.   The Northeast Assembly shall confirm the designated Northeast citizen by a majority vote of all voting Representatives.  Any designated Northeast citizen shall not be considered an officeholder of the Northeast or Atlasia.

Yes, Mr. Speaker.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #209 on: March 25, 2010, 12:49:29 PM »

Aye.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #210 on: March 26, 2010, 12:37:27 PM »

Aye
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #211 on: March 27, 2010, 03:38:39 PM »

Mr. Speaker, I realize, of course, that this project have a low significance, other than purely formal. I have decided to propose that for two reasons.

1. If Midwest can have ican'tunderstandwhyitwasformerlyknownasverinandwhatthehellisverin and ican'tbelieveitwasn'tformerlyknownasverin, we can make some name changes as well Smiley

2. I believe that "Chief Executive" title is sounds much more democratic, much more egalitarian than imperial-lite "Governor". After all, we're living in a fantasy world Smiley

And as of name needed, I'd add "Officeholders Titles Amendment".

Thank you.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #212 on: March 27, 2010, 07:48:30 PM »

Chief Executive Morgan Brykein sound good? Smiley

I support shortening the period of debate too.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #213 on: March 29, 2010, 10:25:04 AM »

Aye
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #214 on: March 30, 2010, 09:15:34 PM »

You all are joykillers Sad
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #215 on: April 01, 2010, 03:02:11 PM »

Nay
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #216 on: April 01, 2010, 03:33:53 PM »

Dear Mr. Speaker,

I hereby resigns as the Northeast Representative.

Sincerely,
Kalwejt
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #217 on: April 03, 2010, 10:05:45 AM »

Nice to see "libertarians" voting for authoritarian provision Roll Eyes
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #218 on: April 03, 2010, 11:52:49 AM »

Nice to see "libertarians" voting for authoritarian provision Roll Eyes