Northeast Assembly Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:12:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Assembly Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Thread  (Read 380659 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: November 06, 2010, 09:27:29 PM »

I would love to introduce such proposals immediately, but I'd like us to discuss a few things before we do so...

• Whether we should have five Representatives or six
  • Whether the Lieutenant Governorship should be abolished
  • Probably establish a new list of succession if we do the above
Chiming in, I think it is vital that y'all reduce the number of Representatives. One thing ailing this region is the lack of competitive elections. Another thing to consider is completely eliminate the CJO and delegate those duties back to the Governor. If you decide on 6 Representatives, the Lt. Governor can serve to break ties and can also serve as the Speaker of the Assembly.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 09:33:53 PM »

I would love to introduce such proposals immediately, but I'd like us to discuss a few things before we do so...

• Whether we should have five Representatives or six
  • Whether the Lieutenant Governorship should be abolished
  • Probably establish a new list of succession if we do the above
Chiming in, I think it is vital that y'all reduce the number of Representatives. One thing ailing this region is the lack of competitive elections. Another thing to consider is completely eliminate the CJO and delegate those duties back to the Governor. If you decide on 6 Representatives, the Lt. Governor can serve to break ties and can also serve as the Speaker of the Assembly.

I'd personally be more inclined to abolish the Lieutenant Governorship than the CJO.

Well, from what I've seen, you all have struggled with inactive CJO's, which has caused election day problems. Don't continue doing what isn't working, and right now, the CJO position isn't working out well. I'd actually recommend cutting both, but that would be taking drastic measures, and I'm sure not many of you would be ready to cut government officials that much. Wink
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 11:39:52 PM »

For the record, I wrote this based off Mideast law. Just changed the region name. Wink

If you move to 6, you may want to keep Lt. Governor and consider abolishing CJO. If you stay at 5, vice-versa. Regardless, I think this is a significant step towards making Northeast elections more competitve.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 10:50:15 AM »

Jumps into the debate...

The best part of this game are the elections. That being said, the elections for the Northeast Assembly are extremely predictable.

Jake, I know you think 5 is a small number, but in the last election, there were only  5 or so candidates. When's the last time the Northeast has had more candidates actually running than there were seats for? I don't think there ever has been.

At this point, the only arguement I could see for having such a large Assembly is so that as many people as possible can be involved. If that's what the majority of you want, then why don't you just give everyone in the Northeast the power to vote in the Assembly and do away with the elections?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 09:44:18 PM »

It'll be exciting to watch you progress in the game. Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 05:56:13 PM »

Change it to this:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 08:06:22 PM »

Four members seems small, I'm not sure if that would pass the citizen vote.

Be that as it may, I won't support a five member assembly.
So you want to reduce the amount of Assemblymen, but would vote against reducing it to 5? Hm.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies