ProCon October 2009 Convention in Indianapolis (Voting on Platform)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 04:34:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  ProCon October 2009 Convention in Indianapolis (Voting on Platform)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 41
Author Topic: ProCon October 2009 Convention in Indianapolis (Voting on Platform)  (Read 89926 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: October 03, 2009, 08:43:41 PM »

Just to clarify to any confused voters, vote NAY if you do not support a name change, and vote AYE if you do support a name change.
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: 2.43

« Reply #151 on: October 03, 2009, 08:44:23 PM »

I love how Hamilton uses "we" when talking about himself. Dude, you have major personality issues. Seek help, please.

If you could see the private board (which you can't) you'd agree with what I just said.
A blatant lie. There is clearly NO MAJORITY for changing the name, and accusing your opponents of being "elitists" doesn't make their votes invalid.

Not true. Chairman or vice call a vote.

And funny, to come from a Southerner. Great vote counters. Especially with that regional legislature.
How the hell dare you mock the birth place of the party? Why are you even in the party? You clearly aren't a conservative, your commitment to regional rights is suspect, and you want to erase all our of party's heritage by changing its name to an asinine oxymoron.

I too call for a vote to be taken forthwith. This stupidity has to end.

Well, if the SE "leadership" decided to ever take the initiative to implement "reform." Well, they haven't obviously. They neglected to turn out the votes necessary to bring a legislature, though they were there from the beginning.
You're woefully misinformed, I'm afraid.

Wow. You're governor! You should know your region better than that. You had at least 2 RPPers that didn't show up, and one that only showed because I PMed them.
Quite the narcissist are you? As governor, I have PM'd all my region's citizens for the monthly initiative elections.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #152 on: October 03, 2009, 08:44:41 PM »

A name change also represents a change in outlook and perspective. I am at the understanding that the RPP wishes to rebrand itself to acknowledge a new era in Atlasian politics
It would be idiotic to repudiate the great heritage of the Regional Protection Party for such an inane caprice. If we change our name to Liberal Conservative Party our only new "outlook and perspective" will be contradiction, vacuity, and spinelessness. Why don't we become the Progressive Reactionary Party or some other meaningless oxymoron?

No. A name change that better represents shows we have enough of a spine to stand up to the old in order to move forward with the new.
Oh quit the platitudes. The only thing a new name as pathetic as the one proposed would signify is appeasement of the RPP's opponents.

We don't need to appease opponents. We need to represent ourselves.
I believe all of us in the party are in favor of region's rights. Hence Regional Protection Party represents us perfectly.

Ask our sitting Senators, opponents of regional rights. A lot of people do not support the name because the assault on regions is long dead. Regions are here to stay. We need to move on to a more pressing political standpoint to maintain relevance,

I resent this. I perfectly remembed standing up for the rights of regions and local gov'ts when a certain upity elitist, rich Californian wanted to adopt Nationwide Yearround schooling, YOU.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #153 on: October 03, 2009, 08:45:29 PM »

A name change also represents a change in outlook and perspective. I am at the understanding that the RPP wishes to rebrand itself to acknowledge a new era in Atlasian politics
It would be idiotic to repudiate the great heritage of the Regional Protection Party for such an inane caprice. If we change our name to Liberal Conservative Party our only new "outlook and perspective" will be contradiction, vacuity, and spinelessness. Why don't we become the Progressive Reactionary Party or some other meaningless oxymoron?

No. A name change that better represents shows we have enough of a spine to stand up to the old in order to move forward with the new.
Oh quit the platitudes. The only thing a new name as pathetic as the one proposed would signify is appeasement of the RPP's opponents.

I believe all of us in the party are in favor of region's rights. Hence Regional Protection Party represents us perfectly.

Ask our sitting Senators, opponents of regional rights. A lot of people do not support the name because the assault on regions is long dead. Regions are here to stay. We need to move on to a more pressing political standpoint to maintain relevance,

I resent this. I perfectly remembed standing up for the rights of regions and local gov'ts when a certain upity elitist, rich Californian wanted to adopt Nationwide Yearround schooling, YOU.

I'm not representing our national party as a sitting Senator
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #154 on: October 03, 2009, 08:45:51 PM »

AYE.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #155 on: October 03, 2009, 08:47:07 PM »

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #156 on: October 03, 2009, 08:51:51 PM »
« Edited: October 03, 2009, 08:55:06 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Doesn't matter. You can't call me an anti-Regionalist after that episode. After I fought almost every damn fool in the convention from the outside hoping the damn thing would collapse like it finally did to save Regional Senate seats. No one else helped my except Officepark. DWTL was even prepared to sacrifice the Regional Senate seats at one point and allow the regions to be redistricted by the Federal gov't. Not me. I opposed that and voted against the National Health Care bill. I raised concerns about usurpation of Regional powers during the debate on the National Health Act(restricted smoking) and was ignored. How dare you claim I don't support regional right!
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #157 on: October 03, 2009, 08:54:26 PM »

Doesn't matter. You can't call me an anti-Regionalist after that episode. After I fought almost every damn fool in the convention from the outside hoping the damn thing would collapse like it finally did to save Regional Senate seats. No one else helped my except Officepark. DWTL was even prepared to sacrifice the Regional Senate seats at one point. Not me. I opposed the and voted against the National Health Care bill. I raised concerns about usurpation of Regional powers during the debate on the National Health Act(restricted smoking) and was ignored. How dare you claim I don't support regional right!

You don't. You sometimes support regional rights. What about the Minimum Wage or Right to Life. Where was regionalism? If we are only about regions half the time, it has no business being our sole focus.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #158 on: October 03, 2009, 09:03:47 PM »

Nay on considering a name change.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #159 on: October 03, 2009, 09:06:57 PM »

Doesn't matter. You can't call me an anti-Regionalist after that episode. After I fought almost every damn fool in the convention from the outside hoping the damn thing would collapse like it finally did to save Regional Senate seats. No one else helped my except Officepark. DWTL was even prepared to sacrifice the Regional Senate seats at one point. Not me. I opposed the and voted against the National Health Care bill. I raised concerns about usurpation of Regional powers during the debate on the National Health Act(restricted smoking) and was ignored. How dare you claim I don't support regional right!

You don't. You sometimes support regional rights. What about the Minimum Wage or Right to Life. Where was regionalism? If we are only about regions half the time, it has no business being our sole focus.

You dirty bastard.
Social issues are less then 30% of my focus, stupid. The economy is my main concern. Yes I support a minimum wage, but that issue among many that now won't come up for a while. The are numerous economic issues where I am more conservative. I have told people I am not ideological, I approach things based on each issue. Many of my approaches are conservative some aren't. On the most important regional protection issues I stood up alone to protect Regional Senate seats and boundaries. Look through the Convention thread. It wasn't last year, it was last summer. If you think the regions are safe, you got another thing comming. We are only three months removed from that disastrous convention and I fear that the opponents of regions haven't given up they are just resting and waiting for us to get compacent, distracted, or go away so they can continue on the path to elimaniting regional power.

I will be honest with you. I recruited you to be a voting zombie, I was sick and jealous of Tmth getting all the action and me not having any successes. I lied, exaggerated, and embellished things to you in your recruitment post to increase the chances of you joining. What I got was a loud, uppity, elitist, bullying, monster. I am the modern Frankenstein.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #160 on: October 03, 2009, 09:07:58 PM »

You dirty bastard.
Social issues are less then 30% of my focus, stupid. The economy is my main concern. Yes I support a minimum wage, but that issue among many that now won't come up for a while. The are numerous economic issues where I am more conservative. I have told people I am not ideological, I approach things based on each issue. Many of my approaches are conservative some aren't. On the most important regional protection issues I stood up alone to protect Regional Senate seats and boundaries. Look through the Convention thread. It wasn't last year, it was last summer. If you think the regions are safe, you got another thing comming. We are only three months removed from that disastrous convention and I fear that the opponents of regions haven't given up they are just resting and waiting for us to get compacent, distracted, or go away so they can continue on the path to elimaniting regional power.

I will be honest with you. I recruited you to be a voting zombie, I was sick and jealous of Tmth getting all the action and me not having any successes. I lied, exaggerated, and embellished things to you in your recruitment post to increase the chances of you joining. What I got was a loud, uppity, elitist, bullying, monster. I am the modern Frankenstein.

So basically I should leave?

And I already knew that you just wanted a zombie Tongue
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #161 on: October 03, 2009, 09:08:26 PM »

tmth, you have no standing to open up the vote, but whatever.

Just call yourselves the Reactionary Party Party and be done with it.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #162 on: October 03, 2009, 09:10:38 PM »

tmth, you have no standing to open up the vote, but whatever.

Just call yourselves the Reactionary Party Party and be done with it.
Once again....*sigh*...I was re-appointed as vice-chairman. PiT was too. You can ask Duke yourself, if you want. This vote is perfectly valid.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #163 on: October 03, 2009, 09:16:09 PM »

Aye.

I think we could do better for a name than Liberal Conservative Party, though my favorite proposed name so far met just as fierce resistance as this.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #164 on: October 03, 2009, 09:16:40 PM »

I will be honest with you. I recruited you to be a voting zombie, I was sick and jealous of Tmth getting all the action and me not having any successes. I lied, exaggerated, and embellished things to you in your recruitment post to increase the chances of you joining.

I just want this quoted and remembered for future possible reference.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #165 on: October 03, 2009, 09:17:26 PM »

Aye.

I think we could do better for a name than Liberal Conservative Party, though my favorite proposed name so far met just as fierce resistance as this.

Ironically, Yankee is the one who chose Liberal Conservative out of the twenty or so names I posted.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #166 on: October 03, 2009, 09:19:15 PM »

There was no annoouncement of your appointments.

I will be honest with you. I recruited you to be a voting zombie, I was sick and jealous of Tmth getting all the action and me not having any successes. I lied, exaggerated, and embellished things to you in your recruitment post to increase the chances of you joining.

This is everything that is wrong with the RPP. I hope you folks understand that this is making the game less fun for everyone.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #167 on: October 03, 2009, 09:27:17 PM »

Aye.

Ironically, Yankee is the one who chose Liberal Conservative out of the twenty or so names I posted.

Yea as the one that wouldn't compell me to leave the party. Its still terrible though.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #168 on: October 03, 2009, 09:28:35 PM »

Aye.

Yea as the one that wouldn't compell me to leave the party. Its still terrible though.

Okay so a name that won't force you to leave, but compels others to join, is bad?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #169 on: October 03, 2009, 09:30:10 PM »

Find me evidence that anyone would be "compelled to join" by the name change.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #170 on: October 03, 2009, 09:30:48 PM »

I don't need to find you anything kid
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #171 on: October 03, 2009, 09:31:12 PM »

Don't worry, I have no intention of deleting the original. Maybe voting zombie was a little harsh but jesus I didn't expect THIS from him. My intention was he would be semi-active, my fear was that he would end up like Dcush. So I "motivated" him to want to get involved. oh well, spilled milk. Its not my first mistake and it won't be my last.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #172 on: October 03, 2009, 09:31:29 PM »

I don't know how anyone can think this is a good name. It's just God awful.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #173 on: October 03, 2009, 09:32:46 PM »

Never thought I would say this about Xahar, but you are more of a kid them him, Hamilton.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #174 on: October 03, 2009, 09:34:13 PM »

Never thought I would say this about Xahar, but you are more of a kid them him, Hamilton.

Your outbursts and "bullying" have been frequent and constant. I advise you stop saying things I know you don't mean. You are only hurting yourself. I really don't find what you say to be relevant right now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 41  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies