All about yourself! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:03:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  All about yourself! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: All about yourself!  (Read 993031 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« on: June 01, 2016, 02:45:46 AM »

I never actually did one of these. Better late than never, I guess.

Sex: Male
Height: 6'1.5" (186 cm)
Weight: 165 lbs.
Sexual orientation: Straight
Race: White
Ethnicity: Mostly Eastern European, Jewish
Religion: Agnostic Atheist
Language(s)Sad English, Mandarin Chinese (if any of you are wondering what the hell "Xingkerui" is, it's my Chinese name Tongue
Hometown: Seattle, WA
Place you were born: Seattle, WA
Political figures you most admire: Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders, Russ Feingold, Sherrod Brown, Kirsten Gillibrand, Patty Murray, Derek Kilmer
Best president: Lincoln
Political orientation: Progressive Democrat
Favorite book(s)Sad A Clockwork Orange, The Great Gatsby, Night
Favorite Show(s)Sad Game of Thrones, Bones, House
Favorite movies: Star Wars (IV-VII), Meet the Parents, The Lion King, It's a Wonderful Life
Other interests not involving politics: Singing, Writing/arranging music, Traveling, Learning languages, Studying other cultures, Hiking
Favorite color: Blue or green
Favorite Musical Acts: Beatles, Beach Boys, Earth Wind and Fire, Boyz II Men, Frank Sinatra, Ray Charles, Dionne Warwick
Do you live by yourself? No
Do you have any siblings? An older brother and sister
Do you have any nieces, nephews? One niece
Have you ever been attracted to someone of the same sex? No
Relationship status: Taken
What year did you join Atlas? 2014
If you could pick your own nationality, which would you pick? Probably still American, though that's subject to change if Trump is elected.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 02:35:50 PM »

^Thanks, man! You seem pretty awesome, too.

I'm also a baritone, so if I sing along to any of their songs, I usually sing a harmony part or use falsetto.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 07:19:39 PM »

I agree. Shame the course is such a pain in what its theme kicks. Still an FS (Freedom Stage), but swimming to each half of the stage gets old after a few times.

Dire Dire Docks is great. I'm a fan of most underwater themes, but I guess that's just because I'm a sucker for soothing, ambient music.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 12:12:17 PM »

While we're on the subject of video game music... Chrono Trigger has one of the best soundtracks ever.  My favorite is 600 AD.  F***ing incredible!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swLy_8Rp7QA

I concur. Chrono Trigger has so many great ones. In addition to 600 A.D., I love the forest theme, the Tyrano Lair theme, the "sad" theme, Lavos' second theme, and the Ocean Palace theme. Btw, here's a cool, Christmas-y arrangement of the 600 A.D. theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWTiMykxOZs
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 01:07:43 PM »

While we're on the subject of video game music... Chrono Trigger has one of the best soundtracks ever.  My favorite is 600 AD.  F***ing incredible!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swLy_8Rp7QA

I concur. Chrono Trigger has so many great ones. In addition to 600 A.D., I love the forest theme, the Tyrano Lair theme, the "sad" theme, Lavos' second theme, and the Ocean Palace theme. Btw, here's a cool, Christmas-y arrangement of the 600 A.D. theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWTiMykxOZs

That's great!

Corridors of Time is another one that I think is just great, especially when people do remixes that emphasize the electric guitar a little better than the MIDI track can.  Many moons ago, I used to listen to that on the way home from my freshman astronomy class, and it increased the wonderment at the universe factor by like 10x or something.

There's also a mashup by this kid called "2 Mello" that adds corridors of time to encore by jay z, which is really bizarre and very amusing.

I can't believe I forgot to mention that one as well! I'm also a huge fan of Smooth McGroove's a cappella version of it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies