Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 19, 2020, 11:23:10 pm
News: 2020 U.S. Senate Predictions are now active.

Atlas Forum
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: TæxasGurl, TJ in Oregon, YE)
  All about yourself! (search mode)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: All about yourself!  (Read 793877 times)
retromike22
YaBB God
United States

« on: November 30, 2014, 08:43:36 pm »

Sex: Male

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 155 lbs.

Sexual orientation: Gay

Ethnicity: Hispanic

Religion: Agnostic (I don't know, and neither do you. So why worry?)

Language(s): English

Place you were born:
Monterey Park

Occupation: Unemployed grad student. I'm currently midway through a Master's in Public Administration. I used to be a Congressional Intern, which was very fun, and before that I did campaign work, which was not that fun. In between I wrote and directed that damn movie "The Ham Clock." It's available on YouTube if you care to see what happens if you have a B.A. in political science and you're unemployed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43GrfR8JQ3k

Political figures you most admire: FDR, LBJ, the Clintons, Lee Kuan Yew, Clement Attlee

Favorite president: FDR

Political orientation: Social democrat with several social conservative bits, with a touch of statism sprinkled about.

Favorite Food: Thai, Greek, Middle eastern, Japanese, Chinese, almost all seafood, (Basically, the more unique the flavor, the more I like it. I strongly dislike the following foods: hot dogs, ice cream, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and macaroni and cheese.

Favorite book(s)Sad I tend to favor books about history or anthropology. Lots of biographies. "The Years of Lyndon Johnson" by Caro is intense. I like books by Jared Diamond as well.

Favorite TV show(s)Sad Regular Show, Adventure Time, The Knick, Please Like Me, The Wonder Pets, The Octonauts.

Favorite movies: (in no particular order) Gravity, Lawrence of Arabia, the Star Wars saga, The Dark Knight Trilogy, Gone with the Wind, The Godfather (I and II), Sunset Blvd, The Hours, Far From Heaven, A Streetcar Named Desire, All About Eve, Vertigo, North by Northwest, The Birds, Psycho, American Psycho, Airplane!

Other interests not involving politics: Baseball, Geography, Hiking, Traveling, Schadenfreude

Favorite color: Blue

Favorite Sports Team: Dodgers!

Favorite Musical Acts: San Cisco, Jake Bugg, Bastille, most indie rock. 80s music and classical as well. And... film music.

Favorite Game(s)Sad I've never owned a video game system. I prefer board games like the Game of Life, Scrabble, Pictionary, and Scattergories.

Do you live by yourself? No but I should.

Do you have any siblings? 3 older sisters, 1 younger sister. But all have moved out a while back.

Do you have any nieces, nephews?
  5 NIECES, 4 NEPHEWS, and 1 Great niece. (Yes, my sister is a grandma). I've babysat kids far too much in my life, and I never want to have any. Kids remind me a lot of tumors, in that they use up time, money, and energy, but they also have your DNA and grow. But they do make good servants and are quite effective in working as a team to accomplish something I couldn't do myself. (cleaning a house, supporting actors in my movie, etc.)

Have you ever been attracted to someone of the same sex? Yes, and often.

Relationship status:
Single Sad PM me!

What year did you join Atlas? 2009, but I lurked from 2004.

If you could pick your own nationality, which would you pick? Australian.
retromike22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 02:25:59 am »

I'm actually surprised he didn't name her as his favorite President.
retromike22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 04:01:24 am »

I was born in Peoria, IL in 1991 and moved to Iowa City, IA when I was about 7.  I grew up the only Illini fan in Iowa City and took a lot of crap about it from my Hawkeyes friends but ended up going to Iowa for the instate tuition/I wanted to room with my close friends/I totally had a high school sweetheart at the time ... dodged a bullet with that one.  I played baseball in high school but decided I just wanted to have a regular college experience and not deal with being an athlete; I probably could not have started D1, either.

I am fairly liberal on a lot of political issues, but I feel very strongly in "reforming" the Republican Party to what I think Abraham Lincoln would want it to be rather than running for the Democrats (whom I certainly don't agree with 100%, either) or sitting on the sidelines as an Independent.  I'd describe my political views vaguely like this (TNF is barfing somewhere reading this):
- Pro-business.  I believe what is good for business is ultimately good for the economy ... yeah, shoot me.
- Pro-small government EXCEPT when it comes to protecting civil rights
- Pro-environmental protection
- In favor of a strong American presence in the world, militarily and diplomatically

I have a very close group of recently graduated friends (we're all 22/turning 23) that goes out and drinks far more than we should but has a damn fun time doing it.  We also very much mooch off of one of my friend's lake cabins. Smiley

That is LITERALLY all I can think to say about myself, haha.

That's all good and all, but we're going to need some more selfies.

We're still waiting for one of yours.
retromike22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 08:25:32 pm »

Sexual Orientation: Gay but masculine, and unfamiliar with most of gay culture
Race: White Hispanic
Ethnicity: 100% Hispanic
Languages: English
Religion: Cultural Catholic
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 145 lbs
Birthplace: Los Angeles
Relationship status: I use apps to hook up with guys.
Politics: Social Democratic on economics + mixture of cultural liberalism and conservatism (I find drugs abhorrent but not general hedonism) + interventionist on foreign policy
Favorite Book: That's tough, but I read too much non-fiction and not enough fiction.
Favorite Movie: Gravity, Lawrence of Arabia, Star Wars
Favorite Show: I don't really watch tv but I like "The Crown" a lot.
Favorite President: LBJ
Worst President: Trump
Favorite Politician: Elizabeth Warren
Favorite Sports Teams: Dodgers
When did you join atlas: January 2009
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Logout

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies